Dallas should hire Fangio today

garyv

Reaction score
I just saw he was fired and if Quinn leaves, I would hire him as DC

I've been thinking same thing would love him if Quinn left. I would too hire him now as a consultant than if Quinn leaves he steps in as DC

dfense

Reaction score
Fangio had great game plan for Dallas who was rolling red-hot. He was great against the Cowboys and really dialed in a defensive scheme to shut down Dak, Zeke and the receivers. Fangio could break down film of the upcoming opponents and assist the defensive coaches in film prep. He doesn't even need to work with the players. He can be a hired gun to help scheme opponents and cut film. Vance Joseph and Dan Quinn were cast-offs that proved they have expertise. What if Quinn leaves?

From wiki, "Fangio’s defenses have consistently been among the most productive in the NFL in a number of categories, including scoring defense, total yards allowed and fewest penalties. His defenses have ranked in the league’s top-five in yards allowed in eight of the last 13 years while placing in the NFL’s top-5 in fewest points allowed seven times over that span".

A 5 week contract.

Go Dallas!!!
:clap:
Quinn completely turned the defense around. #1 in picks. If he wanted to stay like he said he does, underminding him like that would push him right out the door.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/10/mmqb-week-18-raiders-chargers-near-tie-playoff-seeds

And as we told you on Friday in the GamePlan, Cowboys DC Dan Quinn and Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett are names to watch there. Quinn and Paton worked together with the Dolphins years ago, and my sense is Quinn would’ve championed Paton’s case, if he’d ever had to be part of a GM search in his Falcons years. As for Fangio? He’ll be red-hot as a coordinator candidate, and would be perfect to pair with a younger head coach candidate like Kellen Moore (à la Sean McVay and Wade Phillips in 2017).

Hayseed

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/10/mmqb-week-18-raiders-chargers-near-tie-playoff-seeds

And as we told you on Friday in the GamePlan, Cowboys DC Dan Quinn and Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett are names to watch there. Quinn and Paton worked together with the Dolphins years ago, and my sense is Quinn would’ve championed Paton’s case, if he’d ever had to be part of a GM search in his Falcons years. As for Fangio? He’ll be red-hot as a coordinator candidate, and would be perfect to pair with a younger head coach candidate like Kellen Moore (à la Sean McVay and Wade Phillips in 2017).
Yep,....Like I said in an earlier post,...Hackett. No doubt ARod is a Bronco this offseason. He will want his offense and terminology. I live a couple hours from G.B,.....word is they have decided to keep Adams. That means ARod is gone. Nowhere near enuff money to keep both. The thinking being Adams at least gives the young QB Love a big time target. If we lose Quinn to a head coaching opportunity it wont be in Denver.

Majic

Reaction score
Fangio was interviewed back in 2011 by Cowboys. Should have been hired then

Hayseed

Reaction score
Denver will simply retain Donatell as DC, maintains continuity. Denver already has one of the leagues best O line coaches in Mike Munchak,....he stays and maybe a couple others. Hackett comes in as head coach/play caller,....maybe raids an assistant or 2 from green Bay to help install new offense for other Bronco players not named ARod. One of the quickest rebuilds in history...LOL Broncos go from middling team to Bigtime super Bowl contender almost over night. Only team Im worried about losing our DC to is Seattle. Hopefully they dont make head coaching change up there this year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm guessing three top replacements ........Fangio, Zimmer, and Joe Witt Jr

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yep,....Like I said in an earlier post,...Hackett. No doubt ARod is a Bronco this offseason. He will want his offense and terminology. I live a couple hours from G.B,.....word is they have decided to keep Adams. That means ARod is gone. Nowhere near enuff money to keep both. The thinking being Adams at least gives the young QB Love a big time target. If we lose Quinn to a head coaching opportunity it wont be in Denver.

there is no chance they’ve decided to keep adams over Rodgers. If that’s the case Rodgers told them he’s not coming back- you just never choose a wr over a franchise quarterback whose a great like Rodgers. No chance. He’s guaranteed to get you 10 wins a game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Jerry should pay Quinn head coaching money and keep him also buy Fangio and Zimmer and stockpile coaches so at some point we have the best coaching staff in the league and that if anyone pirates one of our coaches it's not the end of the world and we're not left scavenging the league to try and find one.

Find spots for all of them give them creative titles and stockpile the best coaches in the league on our team.

dckid

Reaction score
Fangio had great game plan for Dallas who was rolling red-hot. He was great against the Cowboys and really dialed in a defensive scheme to shut down Dak, Zeke and the receivers. Fangio could break down film of the upcoming opponents and assist the defensive coaches in film prep. He doesn't even need to work with the players. He can be a hired gun to help scheme opponents and cut film. Vance Joseph and Dan Quinn were cast-offs that proved they have expertise. What if Quinn leaves?

From wiki, "Fangio’s defenses have consistently been among the most productive in the NFL in a number of categories, including scoring defense, total yards allowed and fewest penalties. His defenses have ranked in the league’s top-five in yards allowed in eight of the last 13 years while placing in the NFL’s top-5 in fewest points allowed seven times over that span".

A 5 week contract.

Go Dallas!!!
If the FO thinks he will help.... why not?
I would consider hiring Harbaugh to replace Big Mike, but that is just me.

Majic

Reaction score
Have doubts that Zimmer would want to come back to Dallas

Blackrain

Reaction score
There is no salary cap on coaching it's something Jerry could use his money and buy the absolute best of along with keeping them from the rest of the league.

Instead of wasting money on expensive talent and not having a plan . Hoard all the best coaches and have them constantly coaching up lesser talent making them into players

khiladi

Reaction score
Fangio will probably have suitors lining up at his door and he will get to choose where he wants to coach.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A 5 week contract.

Go Dallas!!!
Good idea....as long as Quinn is on board.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dan Quinn is certainly in the running to replace Fangio.
Some previous fired HC's failed at their positions only to excel at another. That said, Quinn already stated he's not going anywhere. Why would he when he's the King of Dallas's defense.

Hayseed

Reaction score
there is no chance they’ve decided to keep adams over Rodgers. If that’s the case Rodgers told them he’s not coming back- you just never choose a wr over a franchise quarterback whose a great like Rodgers. No chance. He’s guaranteed to get you 10 wins a game.
You mean like New England and Brady? Or multiple other QB's? He is great,...but he is old. Did you not see what he put G.B thru last offseason? Packers are way over the cap next season btw. Did you not see the LAST DANCE pic he posted. His GF is from Colorado I believe,....IMO he WANTS to be a Bronco.

Hayseed

Reaction score
The Packers simply cannot pay ARod what another team like Denver can, not even close in fact...and they for sure cant keep BOTH he AND Adams...LOL Not and field a competitive roster. So you see,....keeping Rogers does them no good. To say nothing of the fact they used a 1st rounder on Love.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You mean like New England and Brady? Or multiple other QB's? He is great,...but he is old. Did you not see what he put G.B thru last offseason? Packers are way over the cap next season btw. Did you not see the LAST DANCE pic he posted. His GF is from Colorado I believe,....IMO he WANTS to be a Bronco.

ummm which wr did the pats choose over Tom Brady? I’ll wait. That’s right they didn’t. Brady wanted more say in the organization and BB had thrown Brady’s training guy and good friend out of the locker room. It was beyond personal. It had been brewing for years not one bad off season.

secondly, where Rodgers wants to be is irrelevant because your point was that the PACKERS CHOSE adams over Rodgers which is laughable. Rodgers demanded a trade in the offseason and was begging to be dealt yet the packers held on for dear life - why?
because they know what it will be like losing an all time great and all reports now is they STILL want him back.

btw show me the other multiple quarterbacks you reference that franchise’s chose wide receivers over mvp level quarters backs- I’ll wait on that too. Rodgers may be old but he’s playing at an mvp level. They are the 1 seed with home field advantage, the packers will do everything possible to try and keep Rodgers.

I don’t care where you live - if you believe they are WILLINGLY choosing adams over Rodgers you’re out of your mind. Even this article mentions they are doing things to appease him not lose him. Lol.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ng-the-qbs-most-likely-teams-for-next-season/

Last edited:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I am actually shocked Fangio was fired. The Broncos were a competitive team this year and lost their starting QB when they still had a chance to make the playoffs. Consider the moves the Broncos front office made. How do you blame that on Fangio. They drafted a CB when they were rich in CBs. They trade their best DE in the middle of the season yet their defense was still pretty good. It was their offense that let them down.

If they think a new head coach like Dan Quinn is going to come in and do better than Fangio, I think they are very wrong. They need a QB. Quinn will not make the defense any better than it is.
Should have given Javonte Williams more touches. Might still be employed.