Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Add MM to your list, he said he studied a lot of film on Dak, he and his group, and likes him and says they can win a SB with him, or however he worded it.
I am for sure taking his word and the others you mentioned over anyone on here that says otherwise.
I left him out on purpose because they'll just use the excuse "he's the coach so what do you expect him to say".

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some of the memberships on this board need to be rescinded.
If it were an adult only board, I'd agree. But being it's a family friendly site, we have to remind ourselves there's all different ages that are members on the Zone.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's lack of effort vs the Eagles last season with the NFC East title at stake tells you all you need to know.
I wish the guy was better and had not been coddled the way he was.
I'd really like to think that the Cowboys finally were ready to move on.
But he's just not that good.

So you are not going to take my challenge, just spew your usual crap?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add MM to your list, he said he studied a lot of film on Dak, he and his group, and likes him and says they can win a SB with him, or however he worded it.
I am for sure taking his word and the others you mentioned over anyone on here that says otherwise.

I do believe a good-to-great coach can win with Dak. But I'd like to see some heroics from Dak too. Yep...I know....5000 yards. I get it. But....I just can;t think of many moments that I told myself...holy sheet....Dak just won this game!

Gonna take a few of those to make THAT far.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do believe a good-to-great coach can win with Dak. But I'd like to see some heroics from Dak too. Yep...I know....5000 yards. I get it. But....I just can;t think of many moments that I told myself...holy sheet....Dak just won this game!

Gonna take a few of those to make THAT far.

Dak has had those games. Look at his comeback wins over the past 4 years. Yes there are times he did not come back. But ALL QB's had those games as well and lost. But Dak has more wins that losses in those situations.

Also Dak, as did Romo, had defenses that could not hold a lead and lost games. As to where Romo nor Dak had a chance to get the ball back.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has had those games. Look at his comeback wins over the past 4 years. Yes there are times he did not come back. But ALL QB's had those games as well and lost. But Dak has more wins that losses in those situations.

Also Dak, as did Romo, had defenses that could not hold a lead and lost games. As to where Romo nor Dak had a chance to get the ball back.

Gonna have to help me a little bit more. What games were you thinking of. Just so you know where my head is at...not just A 400+ yard game. But one with a moment or moments that define the victory. That define a great QB. I'm not saying there aren't any....just that I can;t recall.

I can think of games Romo did it. Rodgers. Brady. Marino. Staubach. With me?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gonna have to help me a little bit more. What games were you thinking of. Just so you know where my head is at...not just A 400+ yard game. But one with a moment or moments that define the victory. That define a great QB. I'm not saying there aren't any....just that I can;t recall.

Speaking of Rodgers, Dak's rookie season, they went into GB and everyone had Aaron and GB destoying a rookie QB.
After Dak took it to Aaron and GB, they asked if Dak was nervous at all going into "Lambeau". He said, when he first came out onto the field, he thought all those #4 jerseys (Favre) was for him. :laugh:

How about Dak going toe to toe with Big Ben going into Pittsburgh where again he was to have his rookie butt handed to him. Yes it was a come back win, but as a rookie bringing them back TD and TD to win, I could that as winning a game.

There are others and no need to list them, if you watched them you would know. As to being with you, are you with me on what I posted as well?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think if you post an anti Dak thread you should be required to post your QB solution as well. Without that it’s just whining.
Exactly

There needs to be a dialogue box that pops up and says

“You are posting a Dak troll thread. Please add additional text in the text box below that details your strategy for replacing him”

Kwyn

Reaction score

Here are a few to get you started

The one to Beasley was amazing and the two rushes against Eagles were pretty gutty and clutch

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of Rodgers, Dak's rookie season, they went into GB and everyone had Aaron and GB destoying a rookie QB.
After Dak took it to Aaron and GB, they asked if Dak was nervous at all going into "Lambeau". He said, when he first came out onto the field, he thought all those #4 jerseys (Favre) was for him. :laugh:

How about Dak going toe to toe with Big Ben going into Pittsburgh where again he was to have his rookie butt handed to him. Yes it was a come back win, but as a rookie bringing them back TD and TD to win, I could that as winning a game.

There are others and no need to list them, if you watched them you would know. As to being with you, are you with me on what I posted as well?
I am. I understand your concern. My intent is not to trap you or Dak. Or have stupid hatred.

I can not watch every single game...and even if I did, I might not remember what it is we're talking about. My intent is to genuinely show some positive Dak. But we would have to be specific about it. I'm with ya.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charlie Brown sings Andy Williams' classic The Impossible Dream

1*nQ7bM0AMfqJ35FFriVkENQ.jpeg

To dream the impossible dream (Getting rid of Prescott)
To fight the unbeatable foe (Reality)
To bear with unbearable sorrow (NOT getting rid of Prescott)
To run where the brave dare not go (Fantasy Island)

To right the unrightable wrong (Not getting my way)
To love pure and chaste from afar (Not far enough)
To try when your arms are too weary (Or tired fingers pecking a keyboard)
To reach the unreachable star (At the top of AT&T Stadium)

This is my quest (And threads and posts)
To follow that star (Light years away)
No matter how hopeless (Or demoralizing)
No matter how far. (But not as far away as CowboysZone)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, now what? Trade for Dalton or Newton?

The die is cast and he will be just like Romo, having his detractors as well. It's not the Cowboys if we can't argue about the QB.

Don't confuse how a player goes about his business as having anything to do with being a leader or a teammate.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charlie Brown sings Andy Williams' classic The Impossible Dream

1*nQ7bM0AMfqJ35FFriVkENQ.jpeg

To dream the impossible dream (Getting rid of Prescott)
To fight the unbeatable foe (Reality)
To bear with unbearable sorrow (NOT getting rid of Prescott)
To run where the brave dare not go (Fantasy Island)

To right the unrightable wrong (Not getting my way)
To love pure and chaste from afar (Not far enough)
To try when your arms are too weary (Or tired fingers pecking a keyboard)
To reach the unreachable star (At the top of AT&T Stadium)

This is my quest (And threads and posts)
To follow that star (Light years away)
No matter how hopeless (Or demoralizing)
No matter how far. (But not as far away as CowboysZone)

Andy Williams great...But for this all I can see is Jim Neighbors singing this as Gomer Pyle, USMC. For which he does fantastic.

ondaedg

Reaction score
most ignorant post ive seen in some time.

Saying Dak doesnt show maturity to lead this team on the field is stupid beyond words. If you want to say he needs to improve on taking control in big situations then id agree. As i think he has regressed there or maybe the team has kept him from that and telling him just run the play we call.

Another stupid part of your post is you saying he is saying he needs to be paid like the best. His reps are not agreeing to a deal because of the length of the contract not the money. He wants 4 yrs the Cowboys want more. The money part has been agreed to per reports.

Its infuriating that Cowboy fans are the idiots instead of opposing fans. Trying to insert and argue points about his impending deal that arent even a issue between the both sides.

Some of you should really just look for another team and save yourself a headache.

I dont normally resort to name calling but this one stupid post. Sorry mods.

Some of these "Cowboys fans" have become obsessed with what is now known as Dak-hate. When you engage with them to try to flush their reasoning out, they repeat falsehoods and make claims that the facts/stats don't back up. Logic, rationalization, fact-based discussion? All thrown out the window. There is zero benefit to engage in a discussion because their own personal "eye-test" is the only thing they need to repeat obsessively that Dak is an average to terrible QB.

And if you observe these Dak-haters outside the topic of QB, you will see they struggle at contributing with good thoughtful discussion in general. Some are constantly engaged at battle here which means their focus is on winning debates rather than contributing to the conversation. Put the obsessive ones on ignore and your experience will improve.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak hasn't shown the maturity to lead the Cowboys on the field or off.
He needs to see what life is like behind the offensive line of one of the other 31 teams and what it's like to actually have to produce in order to keep his job.
This haggling over his contract because he thinks he should be paid like he's the best is making me sick to my stomach to watch.
He doesn't produce when the team needs him to lead, and apparently feels as if he is special even though he choked through the entire 2019 season.
It's time to end this privileged mentality instilled by Garrett once and for all.
well tighten up the facts bit first 31 other teams dont need a starting QB its why Winston is backing up maybe be the third option and Cam is still out there..

at this point most teams are set at QB sans the Pats who could be interested but no way you cut any layer and let him walked for free you trade him, thats that. I would have like to see the NON-exclusive tag used so Dak and his agents can get reality check he has not many suitors while the priority of the DC.. also if offers came in it wouldn't be for 2 firsts so moot point either way.. I doubt NE would pay Dak what he wants anyway they never gave TB anywhere close to market all the way to the end and didnt draft qb or go after a Vet..not sure what teams are left that would consider dak at this point..maybe next off season you let dak seek offers and do a sign and trade type deal..this year live with the reality's, Daks either starting game one or holding out..

Dallas FO made mistake not going after Winston/Cam as backup and or insurance as a starter..it would have put a little more pressure on dak then Rush or dinucci( sp?)

Daks sitting there knowing hes the bst option as of now and hopig the DC cave prior to season like Zekes deal 10 days before the season opener..if not he signs and plays under tag..he lost some leverage holding out for OTA, MC and practices as there are NONE to hold out from..