Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I think the way the Cowboys handled this whole thing from the start is the reason Dak feels he is untouchable.

I can understand not starting Romo in 2016, although it was a dumb move, but why on earth would you guarantee him a starting job in 2017? What's wrong with competition?

This is another one of Jerry's "smarter than the rest of the league" move just like hoping againsr all odds that Garrett was the second coming of Tom Landry.

We all know how that turned out.

What is Dak supposed to think? This team has done nothing but "coddle" him from the start.

To this day we don't know what we have in cooper Rush because the team wants Dak to play in worthless week 17 games in order to pat his stats and grow his confidence..

What was really achieved in doing that? God Forbid Cooper Rush looks halfway decent out there with our weapons right jerry?

This team is dumb beyond belief might as well give Dak a blank check at this point, they've done nothing but coddle him and it got to his head..

For the record, i have no doubts they wanted Hurts but philly jumped the gun before we coukd get him so naybe there is still hope.

You are really bitter. May I suggest following the Eagles from now on? Dak clearly has your blood pressure spiking.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The same thing the Cowboys need to do now- find a quarterback.
They should have gone after Case Keenum. But there are others out there. Going into 2020 with only Dak as a capable starter is a recipe for failure.
Find a quarterback? Ok

Pat Mahomes? He’s a quarterback. Let’s get him.

I hear Aaron Rodgers May be pissed off in Green Bay. He’s a quarterback also. Can we get him?

Oh! What about Russell Wilson? Should we get him?

See, that’s the problem with posts like yours. They are troll attempts but that’s the cynical interpretation because it at least assumes you know what you are doing

The kindest interpretation of your post is that you just really don’t know and are just kinda lost and needing some comfort.

Well, I’ll comfort you.

It’s gonna be ok.

There are people who know about football who are paid a lot of money to figure this stuff out.

If there’s a good option other than Dak, they’ll figure it out. Then, on a Sunday this fall in a post Covid reality, you can crack open the first of twelve Bud Lights and cheer for the Cowboys and know everything is gonna be ok.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just seeing the title of this thread on the front page makes me wince.

starcity214

Reaction score
You are really bitter. May I suggest following the Eagles from now on? Dak clearly has your blood pressure spiking.

One player isn't going to change my view on the team. Dallas born and raised.. been a fan before Dak was here and will be a fan long after he's gone. Good try.

I'm just voicing my opinion. I'm sure there's plenty of people who hated Garrett, Romo, Dez and others and they are/ were entitled to their opinion.

I think you just hate the fact that not everyone here has a Dak poster on their wall like you do..

Flamma

Reaction score
The Cowboys messed up by not going after Case Keenum or Marcus Mariota.
But they still could get Derek Carr or possibly Deshaun Watson if they went after them according to some reports.
Dak is okay, but he's not a leader and definitely not a $30 million per year talent. Not yet, anyway.

The problem now is that the opportunity to move on from Dak has passed. That bandwagon is long gone. I know, I was on it. We're so far gone we're a little spec now. So we can either sign him, or if they have him play under the tag, we can bring this up again during next year's off season.

But more to the point, and why I chose to highlight this post, is because I think your disgust over the entire situation has at best clouded your judgement. At worst it's awakening the onset of dementia. Keenum and Mariota, really? Winston is better than those guys and I think Jameis is garbage!

Watson is under contract for 2020 and most likely a 5th year option. Were there some rumors the Texans were trading him?

Carr is under contract for the next 3 years on what can now be considered a very team friendly deal. You think they're going to dump Carr and go with Mariota? Highly unlikely. And if they did, what does that say about Carr?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
You don't think Rush had one touch down in him?

That's all it would take.

But you missed the point. The original poster had Dak as some ironman when in fact, he's been injured.

ironman means you played regardless of being gurt

if you want to think Rush is a better option, feel free

basel90

Reaction score
I think if you post an anti Dak thread you should be required to post your QB solution as well. Without that it’s just whining.
Kind of too late now to go for plan B unless there is a trade somewhere. The Dak negotiations has dragged and seems both Dak and the cowboys are struck to each other . Dak will have his chance again , now with a an even better offensive cast , and 33+ million more in his pocket and no more Garrett to blame . No more excuses for this supposed (elite ) QB.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak hasn't shown the maturity to lead the Cowboys on the field or off.
He needs to see what life is like behind the offensive line of one of the other 31 teams and what it's like to actually have to produce in order to keep his job.
This haggling over his contract because he thinks he should be paid like he's the best is making me sick to my stomach to watch.
He doesn't produce when the team needs him to lead, and apparently feels as if he is special even though he choked through the entire 2019 season.
It's time to end this privileged mentality instilled by Garrett once and for all.

Uh, no.
Did you see Mac ca and Jerry draft Hurts or another QB?
:angry:
Too late.
We are doomed with a second-rate Dak for 4 or 5 years!
Tears of a clown, odd fellows. I cry for our coming QB futility in 2021.