Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you notice I said "Some of these "Cowboys fans" have become obsessed with what is now known as Dak-hate". If you're not one of the obsessed dudes posting new anti-Dak threads multiple times per day then congrats you're not who I'm referring to. The problem you just created for yourself is you think Dak should be paid less than Jacoby Brisset, Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Jared Goff and Jimmy G to name a few which is mind boggling to say the least.

:huh:

And there is an equal amount on the OTHER side....that won't stand for much criticism regardless of stats facts or just plain honest opinion. And they are mighty quick with the "dak hater" card.

I don;t do a lot of criticism...just don;t have the expertise for it. And I'm reluctant to whip it out on my own team...especially constantly. But not afraid to make some general assessments either....if constructive.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Some of these "Cowboys fans" have become obsessed with what is now known as Dak-hate. When you engage with them to try to flush their reasoning out, they repeat falsehoods and make claims that the facts/stats don't back up. Logic, rationalization, fact-based discussion? All thrown out the window. There is zero benefit to engage in a discussion because their own personal "eye-test" is the only thing they need to repeat obsessively that Dak is an average to terrible QB.

And if you observe these Dak-haters outside the topic of QB, you will see they struggle at contributing with good thoughtful discussion in general. Some are constantly engaged at battle here which means their focus is on winning debates rather than contributing to the conversation. Put the obsessive ones on ignore and your experience will improve.
i dont think anybody here has a longer ignore list than. He's already there too with his post.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd say sometimes a drink or two helps get through some of the stuff!

A drink or two is fine but they need a sobriety checkpoint that you’re required to fill out before every post on game day and during the draft. A few too many in a highly emotional, unhappy fan can lead to some crazy and somewhat troubling comments and photos. A few years ago after a Cowboys loss some idiot posted a video containing nudity. Their account was immediately terminated. No way does someone who’s sober or in their right frame of mind post a video like that.

csirl

Reaction score
Pats Front Office is behaving as if there will be no meaningful football this year. Going into the season with no starting QB and little chance of getting one. They tend to be one step ahead of everyone.

Cowboys appear to be doing the same - not bothered re a deal Dak, not bothered with a replacement. Is MM also a step ahead?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pats Front Office is behaving as if there will be no meaningful football this year. Going into the season with no starting QB and little chance of getting one. They tend to be one step ahead of everyone.

Cowboys appear to be doing the same - not bothered re a deal Dak, not bothered with a replacement. Is MM also a step ahead?
I think Pats are going into the season either A) tanking for Lawrence or B)winning with a running game and defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak hasn't shown the maturity to lead the Cowboys on the field or off.
He needs to see what life is like behind the offensive line of one of the other 31 teams and what it's like to actually have to produce in order to keep his job.
This haggling over his contract because he thinks he should be paid like he's the best is making me sick to my stomach to watch.
He doesn't produce when the team needs him to lead, and apparently feels as if he is special even though he choked through the entire 2019 season.
It's time to end this privileged mentality instilled by Garrett once and for all.
Yes, on the offensive side of the ball, compared to almost any other QB, Dak does have it made. It'll even be moreso this year
However
He DID throw for 4902 yards with a solid passer rating (99.7 for 10th best) and a good TD-int differential ( +19 for 8th best).
It's not like he hasn't shown up at all. He's been top 1/3 in the league for sure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of these "Cowboys fans" have become obsessed with what is now known as Dak-hate. When you engage with them to try to flush their reasoning out, they repeat falsehoods and make claims that the facts/stats don't back up. Logic, rationalization, fact-based discussion? All thrown out the window. There is zero benefit to engage in a discussion because their own personal "eye-test" is the only thing they need to repeat obsessively that Dak is an average to terrible QB.

And if you observe these Dak-haters outside the topic of QB, you will see they struggle at contributing with good thoughtful discussion in general. Some are constantly engaged at battle here which means their focus is on winning debates rather than contributing to the conversation. Put the obsessive ones on ignore and your experience will improve.
Over-the-top argument/counter-argument is not a new phenomenon within any type of sports discussion. In Dallas' case, overzealous discussion transferred from Romo to Prescott. Both glorification and excessive dislike simply entered into a new era.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Pats are going into the season either A) tanking for Lawrence or B)winning with a running game and defense.
There are zero scenarios where Belichick would tank a season
And btw, they really like their young QB--enough to at least see what he has.
They'll later adjust accordingly if Stidham's not what both Josh Daniels and Belichick think he is.

Qcard

Reaction score
dak has good throws every now and then. he is not a bad QB . But we are talking about a QB for the dallas cowboys with super bowl aspirations , dak struggles consistently against winning teams and on the road ( saints, patriots , eagles , plus losses to the jets and bears) and went 1-6 last year against them . And now he wants 40 million a year. Something is out of whack
I agree.. your opinion is out of whack...

Of course teams don't give players Market Value QB Contracts based on 1 year!?!

But the Cowboys gave Dak at minimum $32M for 1 year based on 4 years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
People can think what they choose but reality is Dallas is not rescinding the tag unless they get him signed for a long term deal. This thread is no more than just another in a long line of threads meant to attack Dak by people who are bored.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are zero scenarios where Belichick would tank a season
And btw, they really like their young QB--enough to at least see what he has.
They'll later adjust accordingly if Stidham's not what both Josh Daniels and Belichthinkinks he is.

Oh do I think he'd actually lose games on purpose? No. But do I think he'd have a inferior team and lose anyway? I do.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh do I think he'd actually lose games on purpose? No. But do I think he'd have a inferior team and lose anyway? I do.
a 2-14 or 3-13 level team?
Come on, with defense alone that team is 8-8..7-9 at worst

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
a 2-14 or 3-13 level team?
Come on, with defense alone that team is 8-8..7-9 at worst
I don't know. I could see 8-8....I could see 3 or 4 wins too. Just depends. Its still early. I think Bellicheat is good but I just see a huge drop-off from Brady to whoever they have starting now.

Kwyn

Reaction score

I think you are going wayyyyy too far out of your way trying to play some 3-D chess on this one

Pretty sure Belichick, even though he is a football genius, doesn’t have an inside track on the league shutting down when no one else is thinking that at all.

waldoputty

Reaction score
op reeks of agenda
as a top fa, dak can get much more than a 3rd even if we dont want him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let’s face it. Until the Cowboys win a Super Bowl and Dak is the Super Bowl MVP there will be people hating on him.

To be perfectly honest, he would like have to do it twice

And screw it, let’s be completely and utterly honest. He would likely need to do it three times in a row, with NFC Championship losses bookending it where despite him going for 400 yds, 4 TDS and 0 picks, the defense collapsed and gave up 600 yards of opposing offense and 40+ points.

Maybe, just maybe, 99% of his detractors would come around.

There’s always that 1% who are filled with hate in their heart who will never support him.
even if we win two superbowls and he wins two MVPs, there will be those that will give credit to everyone but him. because all these other QBs, leap tall buildings in a single hop, stop speeding trains, put the whole team on their back, throw catch and block at the same time on every play, have 100% completion percentage and are great...Dak only benefits from other players and nothing but other players...bring on Keenum!!! :eek:

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I didn't read through the 13 pages of Dak homers.

I just came here to throw my support behind the OP and agree with him.

We can all argue numbers and stats but at the end of the day Dak will not transcend beyond Middletown. He is an average QB. He is good at somethings and sucks at others. So far in his career the only thing he is "great" at is turnovers. I will give him that.

He doesn't deserve elite pay.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I didn't read through the 13 pages of Dak homers.

I just came here to throw my support behind the OP and agree with him.

We can all argue numbers and stats but at the end of the day Dak will not transcend beyond Middletown. He is an average QB. He is good at somethings and sucks at others. So far in his career the only thing he is "great" at is turnovers. I will give him that.

He doesn't deserve elite pay.

Dak has the 5th best all-time TD:INT ratio. :huh: