Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First I thank God you have ZERO to do with the Cowboys. For most of last season the Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league and Prescott lead the league in passing yards. Fans who think ANY player should accept the contract fans think they should is a heck of a lot more annoying than a player wanting to get paid for the amount he feels he deserves. As far as leading on and off the field, Prescott has given his family a great deal of his rookie contract and the overwhelming majority of Prescott;'s team mates say he is their leader. Luckily for him he doesn't give two hoots for what you think.
he is a troll. well known troll. ignore him...he will try another angle, more controversial and eventually he will go away

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First I thank God you have ZERO to do with the Cowboys. For most of last season the Cowboys had the number 1 offense in the league and Prescott lead the league in passing yards. Fans who think ANY player should accept the contract fans think they should is a heck of a lot more annoying than a player wanting to get paid for the amount he feels he deserves. As far as leading on and off the field, Prescott has given his family a great deal of his rookie contract and the overwhelming majority of Prescott;'s team mates say he is their leader. Luckily for him he doesn't give two hoots for what you think.

Ya those 10 pts vs the Saints and 24 Garbage points vs the packers were simply an offensive juggernaut!
Moving along how about them Jets who stuffed him for 3Q.
Things get better as he went up the NE and laid a 9 pt egg.
Moving along 2 new Garbage performances vs the Bears and Bills.
And for the creme da la cream those 3 massive FG he managed for the division Title in Philly.

No contract and the above is just one of the reasons Jerry has his bank account closed for him long term!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ya those 10 pts vs the Saints and 24 Garbage points vs the packers were simply an offensive juggernaut!
And for the creme da la cream those 3 massive FG he managed for the division Title in Philly.

No contract and the above is just one of the reasons Jerry has his bank account closed for him long term!
where is coaching's responsibility in all of this? for years we complained insistently, in hundreds of posts, threads and responses about coaching, scheme, lack of scheme, bad play calling, etc.

if your expectations are we score 24+ every game, then you don't understand NFL. very very very very very very few teams score that many points consistently. they all have games they don't score much and you have to be able to win those low scoring games....with defense, special teams.

and seemingly you expect high level of performance, every game, every quarter, every series. given you pointed to 3Q of jets game....I can go pull the same type of performance for Rodgers, brees, brady, Wilson, mahomes, etc. games have up and downs and how a game is managed by the coach during the game makes a huge difference in the out come

and lets not forget NE laid a 13 point game against the cowboys in the same game. and saints laid a 12 point game against the cowboys and I wouldn't say cowboys defense is world beaters....

KC scored 13 against Indy!!! that's with Mahomes...then mahomes must suck...see I did what you did. took one game and one particular performance (ala jets 3Q) and came to an entire season, career conclusion!!!

and I ask again, where is culpability for Coaches? Special teams? defense. seems like you are laying all of the responsibility on offense and at that all of the responsibility on Dak...

and you were one of the loudest people against garrett and his scheme for years...how conveniently you forget...Alzheimer's must be wonderful....

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

You just proved just how little you know. Just about EVERYONE in and out of the sporting news knows Jones has been trying hard to get Prescott to sign a long term contract.

leeblair

Reaction score
The majority of Prescott's teammates were 8-8 last year, as well.
I hardly think their opinion is worth much.
They have perfected mediocrity.

black label

Reaction score

giphy.gif

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The majority of Prescott's teammates were 8-8 last year, as well.
I hardly think their opinion is worth much.
They have perfected mediocrity.

I'll take the word of players that actually play in the NFL over someone who's entire experience is sitting on his couch.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm....I'd say that is a pretty big assumption...and dangerous ground. False accusations are worse than the accusation.
Not a false accusation at all. That's based on living almost 30 years in Dallas. Like I said, this subject is verboten here, as it should be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Pats are going into the season either A) tanking for Lawrence or B)winning with a running game and defense.
The Pats have always depended on their running game and defense. All of the hoopla over QB's detracts from that.

Rodgers' play last season didn't get them to the NFCCG, those 3 FA D players did more.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
No, he’ll carry the team like he’s done for the past 4 years. The only reason they had any kind of success was because of Dak overcoming the coaching staff.
Carry the team?

And you told me that you are the expert....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a false accusation at all. That's based on living almost 30 years in Dallas. Like I said, this subject is verboten here, as it should be.

Of course it is, so why'd you bring it up? . But if you think it's not...problematic....at best....to whip it out HERE...amongst people you DON'T know, just because they disagree with you...well let's just say it is.

It's a problematic assumption.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You know its funny a few months ago people were saying "OH its a deep class....just draft someone to replace Dak"....that talk quieted down REAL quick after Herbert, Tua and Burrow left and Lamb fell to us. Class wasn't that deep after all was it?
I think if I had a top pick the only qb I would have taken is burrow , the others are maybes....
except denucci lol .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well @ the op and others, jones boys are not letting dak walk, so that is just a fantasy in your minds.
I would not let him walk, or get rid of him , unless he refuses to play on the tag.
As long as he plays, I would just try and get denucci up to speed, and start evaluating
future qb's coming in next 2 years draft.

The key is does dak play or not on the tag.
I dont think daks side will give in, and sign a long term contract.
So it is up to jones boys to back off that and give him a short deal to get him signed.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

So I guess you think garrett and his staff had nothing to do with those losses, and low points??
you judge dak solely on his days under JG, well news flash JG is gone and his staff with him.
Dak wont be as bad under MM.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The other thing is dallas does not have a QB ready to take over that is as good or better than dak.
So it is just common sense to go with dak until they have that guy in hand.

leeblair

Reaction score
The other thing is dallas does not have a QB ready to take over that is as good or better than dak.
So it is just common sense to go with dak until they have that guy in hand.
I think most could stand going with Dak as long as he wasn't tying up a huge chunk of the salary cap for the next four or five years.
It's not that he is terrible, but he's just not a marquee quarterback who is worth $30 million plus per year.
He still hasn't shown that he deserves to be paid like one of the better quarterbacks in the league.
$15-$20 million per year is where his numbers should be at until he shows that he understands that he is supposed to make the team better and can actually do that when he is needed.
He seems to think he's earned more than any player in the NFL, and that shows how immature he really is.
Give him two years @ $40 million and let him prove himself.
Because up until now he's proven that he is no different than he was in college and he's lost when it comes time to be the marquee quarterback he thinks he is.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most could stand going with Dak as long as he wasn't tying up a huge chunk of the salary cap for the next four or five years.
It's not that he is terrible, but he's just not a marquee quarterback who is worth $30 million plus per year.
He still hasn't shown that he deserves to be paid like one of the better quarterbacks in the league.
$15-$20 million per year is where his numbers should be at until he shows that he understands that he is supposed to make the team better and can actually do that when he is needed.
He seems to think he's earned more than any player in the NFL, and that shows how immature he really is.
Because up until now he's proven that he is no different than he was in college and he's lost when it comes time to be the marquee quarterback he thinks he is.

He's an imposter of a QB feeding off of other TRUE talented players that carry him weekly or when we beat a dog team.
Don't waste your time with these Dak-Employees as their in life hatred translates into them supporting this inept QB of ours.
Let the season kick-off and as they have run out of excuses and coaches to burn Dak will once again vindicate all the Dak doubters as he simply doesn't have what it takes!
;)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
'well I agree with you, but we really dont know what he is thinking, we can only speculate.
Me I would play him on the tag this year under MM and see how he does and go from there.

people criticize dak but it is the jones boys that want to give him 30 mil a year for 7 years! If he had signed that we would be stuck with him for at
least 4 years.
Dak hired a agent like they all do, and the agent is trying to get him the best deal, that is just how it works.
I want to see him play this year then evaluate that . Playing on the garret teams, is not a good way to evaluate any of the cowboy players.

morat1959

Reaction score
You just proved just how little you know. Just about EVERYONE in and out of the sporting news knows Jones has been trying hard to get Prescott to sign a long term contract.
No comments on your QBs performances in the games he mentioned? That’s what I thought.