Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It appears you, my good sir, are the one who’s confused. I said nothing about another team signing Prescott to a franchise tag. Reading is hard.

On this you are correct. I misread it the first time. I guess I skipped over the franchised QB the first time. But I still say the chances that it happens is less than me winning the jackpot in powerball. If it makes a difference to you I was talking on the phone when I read that and I guess I shouldn't do that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
sunshine pump what? they're paying Dak, and they're not signing Dalton so they can say Ha Ha we got you now....lol
What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about the person I quoted crying that everybody isn't on the Dak train and responding to him. Why did you feel the need to reply to defend him?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Listen. I'm no Dak fan boy but this is no way shape or form changes ANYTHING on his contract negotiations.
Dalton is a great backup. That's it. Backup.

Dak is the either the future of this team long term or they trade him for draft capital. Lots of it.

Removing the tag is the stupidest thing I have ever heard
Dalton can be just as good as Dak on this team. Y'all acting like Dak is some super skilled passing QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Amazing, NO ONE will moan bout Dalton's accuracy.
people would moan a little less about Dak's accuracy if he werent trying to rape the cowboys for 40 million per year. MOST fans are always about what is best for the team first, and paying Dak 40 million is horrible for the team. The fans know it, and obviously our front office knows it as well.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Now see you guys will argue with me about our fanbase but then people post stuff like this.......
Dude I have been a Cowboys fan for 40 years. Daks qb play is not 33 million dollars a year better than Andy Daltons. If you think it is then maybe you are the fan with the issue. In proposed trade we could get similar play and save 33 million against our cap. With that 33 million we could be able to sign Gallup when its time and we would get a de to solidify our dline. I like Dak but he is not Russell Wilson or Pat Mahomes.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Please. Dalton Is a good qb but to think he is as good as dak is ludicrous.
No its not because Dak isn't that good. If Dak was as good as some of y'all thought he wouldn't be looking like the second coming of Kirk Cousins out here. Flip them on different teams and their records would still be similar aka they about the same player. If Dak holds out or unfortunately gets hurt you'll see they the same player. You're just too blind to see that now.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
let two QBs who have never won anything and have choked and one has been constantly injured over the past few years to battle it out...I guess all you care about is win the battle of the contract and claim you won by not giving out a contract....I guess winning superbowls doesn't matter to you
Or pay 40 million for a qb who hasn't won anything either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude I have been a Cowboys fan for 40 years. Daks qb play is not 33 million dollars a year better than Andy Daltons. If you think it is then maybe you are the fan with the issue. In proposed trade we could get similar play and save 33 million against our cap. With that 33 million we could be able to sign Gallup when its time and we would get a de to solidify our dline. I like Dak but he is not Russell Wilson or Pat Mahomes.

Have you watched Dalton play though or are you just speaking on him making the playoffs for his first 4 years?

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Have you watched Dalton play though or are you just speaking on him making the playoffs for his first 4 years?
I live in Cincys home market so yea I have and I have also watched Prescott play too. Look I likr Dak but I just dont think he is 33 mil better than Dalton. The team comes first. II am a Dallas Cowboys fan not a one single player fan.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No its not because Dak isn't that good. If Dak was as good as some of y'all thought he wouldn't be looking like the second coming of Kirk Cousins out here. Flip them on different teams and their records would still be similar aka they about the same player. If Dak holds out or unfortunately gets hurt you'll see they the same player. You're just too blind to see that now.
Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I live in Cincys home market so yea I have and I have also watched Prescott play too. Look I likr Dak but I just dont think he is 33 mil better than Dalton. The team comes first. II am a Dallas Cowboys fan not a one single player fan.
I'm a Cowboy fan too which is why I'd rather them have a good quarterback and not Andy Dalton as the starter. As the backup I'm fine. Filling in for a few games? I'm down.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Imma try to be nice: You are the second "genius" to create a thread like this. Please stop.

This one was actually thought out from a strategic standpoint. The other just spewed emotions and offered up Case Keenum as an improvement.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboy fan too which is why I'd rather them have a good quarterback and not Andy Dalton as the starter. As the backup I'm fine. Filling in for a few games? I'm down.
I just want the team to win. With Prescott playing hardball and the needs our team has I think the gap between Prescott and Dalton isnt that huge and the money saved could benefit the whole team and getting Ngakwoue (sp) would make our defense a force. Plus we wouldnt lose Gallup in 2 years.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
people would moan a little less about Dak's accuracy if he werent trying to rape the cowboys for 40 million per year. MOST fans are always about what is best for the team first, and paying Dak 40 million is horrible for the team. The fans know it, and obviously our front office knows it as well.
He made $4 million over 4 years and the moaning was plenty. It has nothing to do with his current salary demands.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just want the team to win. With Prescott playing hardball and the needs our team has I think the gap between Prescott and Dalton isnt that huge and the money saved could benefit the whole team and getting Ngakwoue (sp) would make our defense a force. Plus we wouldnt lose Gallup in 2 years.
You keep talking about Gallup.....they are going to lose either Gallup or Cooper in 2 years. Has nothing to do with money. One of those guys will want to start and not be apart of a 3 receiver trio.

Stop using Dak's contract as a reason why we can't sign anyone. That is simply not true.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People have been moaning about Dak's accuracy long before now. And have done it wrongfully. So if they did it when he was making 400,000 you don't think they'll do it regardless of what he makes?