Dallas should trade for Clowney

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hear me out and correct me if I’m wrong...

Clowney is in a contract year right?

If we give up a 2nd round pick for him then wouldn’t we receive a compensatory 3rd or 4th rounder back for him?

I think for a 1 year rental having Clowney and DLaw as our D Ends would significantly increase our chance of reaching and winning the Super Bowl.

Even if we need to sweeten the pot with someone like Crawford or whatever I think it’s a deal worth looking at.

Rumors that Philly want him too.

He’s going to be traded so why not go all in with this move?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They should not.

And it will likely cost more than a 2nd rounder if all these teams are in on him.

Yeah I’m not sure what the total cost is but they want to get rid of him.

If Looney and a 2 got it done and we receive a compensatory 3 back for letting him walk then it’s a move that could pay huge dividends.

We would just have to hope Connor McGovern comes back so he can do Looneys job which he should be capable of if healthy.

Macnalty

Reaction score
You can get Clowney for our right tackle L Collins. No way we get Clowney without some painful talent loss, we are going to lose Collins next year for no compensation, for those who want to be more like the Pats this is a decision they would seriously consider.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

If we give up a 2nd round pick for him then wouldn’t we receive a compensatory 3rd or 4th rounder back for him?

I think for a 1 year rental having Clowney and DLaw as our D Ends would significantly increase our chance of reaching and winning the Super Bowl.

Even if we need to sweeten the pot with someone like Crawford or whatever I think it’s a deal worth looking at.

Definitely don’t won’t to give up such a high draft pick for a 1 year rental. That’s not good business. And definitely don’t want another player trying to hold us hostage for a longer contract. I’m sick of all these contract negotiations.

cowboygo

Reaction score
A second round pick for a one year rental? Are you that convinced we're one player away?

It definitely would help our chances in having that 2nd rounder be a very late one. It is time to be aggressive, I think it would be a great move. The Rams went all in last year and reached the Super Bowl. I think we are close and need a couple of impact players to be an elite team.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It definitely would help our chances in having that 2nd rounder be a very late one. It is time to be aggressive, I think it would be a great move. The Rams went all in last year and reached the Super Bowl. I think we are close and need a couple of impact players to be an elite team.

So a second rounder for a rental to play in the Superbowl?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have a question:

If he's not reporting under the tag to the Texans, why would he play under it for another team?

cowboygo

Reaction score
Some of you guys never want to take a risk to win a title NOW.

Exactly! Its like everyone is content with being a playoff team. I would much rather have 2 rings like the Giants with Eli, then to be knocking on the NFC Championship game every other year, but not having enough oomph to get there.

fansince68

Reaction score

There is not enough "pie" for the stars we already have.