Signed by Cowboys Dallas sign DL Carlos Watkins

Kwyn

Reaction score
We want a DT. Anybody but this guy!
Or that other guy in the other thread? What’s his name? I don’t know and don’t care. I hate him!

why didn’t we sign Aaron Donald?

our FO sucks!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or that other guy in the other thread? What’s his name? I don’t know and don’t care. I hate him!

our FO sucks!
URBAN

hey they need depth added with Gallimore and hill and theres players left out there plus the draft. Calm down lets wait until game 1 and see the starting 22 before we get all up in arms and grab the pitch forks and torches

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And you can't even try to tell us you will fix it in the draft as this isn't really a strong draft for DTs. There isn't even one worthy of the 10th pick and only a small handful that are worthy of our 2nd pick.

Their lack of any desire to fix the DT position after it burns them year after year is easily the most frustrating part of this entire thing.
We drafted Gallimore last year.

stiletto

Reaction score
Body...dude has like a 45 PFF score, probably will get cut. If he doesn't..LOL

Beaker42

Reaction score
We gave up an item of value (6th round pick) for some magic beanstalk beans that didn’t even sprout. So now we want to discount the value of the pick given up?
6th rd picks are always more miss than hit. We all know it. I don’t want to hear about a certain lucky ******* from the University of Michigan either.

JBS

Reaction score

our FO sucks!

Yeah you are right..everybody is stupid..Cowboys win so many championships..what are these idiot fans thinking?

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I mean is he a 1? Or a 3? We have two 3 techs already. He played the 5 in the 3-4 in Houston

i said when Quinn signed. he’s going to get a bigger body to man the LE due to in his scheme you need a bigger guy to play 2 gap on that side. i think you see the two guys signed today manning that side. with dlaw manning the leo or 9 tech outside rush. and you have gregory rotating with him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't really understand why everybody is complaining here. We just signed the most expensive, short term contract in the history of the sport with Dak. I mean, what was everybody expecting, after having made that move? This is what everybody wanted so can't cry now about the team not making big moves in FA, outside of that signing. If at some point, the team decides to make a big sign, I'd guess that it would be after the Draft. Makes little sense to spend the bulk of your remaining FA money on a position that you might be drafting this year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Don't really understand why everybody is complaining here. We just signed the most expensive, short term contract in the history of the sport with Dak. I mean, what was everybody expecting, after having made that move? This is what everybody wanted so can't cry now about the team not making big moves in FA, outside of that signing. If at some point, the team decides to make a big sign, I'd guess that it would be after the Draft. Makes little sense to spend the bulk of your remaining FA money on a position that you might be drafting this year.
That should really be the Cowboys primary strategy this year. The Cowboys may be able to get a desperate player cheap on a 2 year deal after what little FA money is out there dries up.

If I were the Cowboys I would be waiting until after the draft and pick up unexpected cuts on the cheap.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That should really be the Cowboys primary strategy this year. The Cowboys may be able to get a desperate player cheap on a 2 year deal after what little FA money is out there dries up.

If I were the Cowboys I would be waiting until after the draft and pick up unexpected cuts on the cheap.

I honestly doubt it Verdict. I mean, players are not going to sign long term deals this season because they know the TV money is coming. They might settle for a one year deal, but I'd be very surprised if any decent players considered anything longer then that. Makes no sense if you are a player. You can always play out the year, then look for a bigger deal next year. If nothing comes, then just extend or resign again with another team for more money.