Signed by Cowboys Dallas sign DL Carlos Watkins

MiddleStar

Reaction score

One year too long.

This is a joke of a signing. He is the very definition of a JAG. This is a signing you do right before camp starts to find a body for someone that is injured. There will be 5 UDFA in April on this guys level, not to mention the countless number of street free agents. At best he is a run stuffing 3 with no pass rush. Too small to be a 1. Too big and no rush to be an end. Pointless.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
@Dak

Play perfectly, or I’m pretty sure people will want you dead....

Not me. Other people..

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I watched Watkins alot when he played at Clemson. Very inconsistent took games off.

With that said, when he didnt take games off he was very noticeable on the field. Great motor and size. Was noticeable in the run and pass plays. Made impacts.

Bats alot of balls down due to height and long arms. Has a knack of doing so. Not a bad signing in my eyes. He's an upgrade on Tyrone Crawford and Antwain Woods. Good rotational piece.
:hammer:......while I don't mind the signing....he does flash every now and then....you just wish he would put it all together...he's a lot like Trysten...flashes big time ability....then will disappear.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
That's what is really funny about this. They signed a guy they normally scrape up 3 weeks into free agency on the 2nd day of this free agency period.

Like man, this is the guy we have got to have so don't screw it up, go grab him now.

Crazy. U could find a guy like him after roster cut down to 53 players or whatever it is now lol #JAG

I guess we love guys on a 1 year deal. #proveItDeals

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So the Cowboys DT rotation is: AWoods NGallimore THill CWatkins Pretty much the same sad collection of mid-level draftees, cheap free agents and scrapheap pickups they've been employing at DT for years.
On a scale from 1 to 10....as a whole...I would grade this group a 6. I've seen worse. This is what you get when you over pay your mediocre QB.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
On a scale from 1 to 10....as a whole...I would grade this group a 6. I've seen worse. This is what you get when you over pay your mediocre QB.
I’d rate it a 3 it’s poor and below average. And we’ll all somehow be shocked when this defense is garbage again.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Never heard of this guy. Plus, he’s not even a big fella (315-320 plus). Looks like a 3 technique and is barely 300 pounds.

Sydla

Reaction score

This would make sense if they didn't nickel and dime every single FA. It's not Dak's contracts fault. It's the fact Jerry and Stephen are cheap as crap in FA and don't really think DTs matter all that much.

Carson

Reaction score
Washington loading up
New York loading up and just signed Kyle Rudolph
The Eagles just suck

... then we sign these guys

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Question - At # 297 he has to be a 3-tech right ?
So with Gallimore, Hill and Now Watkins we have 3 questionable 3-techs with the new guy being the smallest of them. And still only 1 semi-decent 1-tech ? The only thing I can think of is that they want the two relatively young guys - Hill and Gallimore to learn from the Vet stop-gap player ?
Hmmmmm.... color me unimpressed.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He's Christian Covington 2.0........................

He's your upgrade at DT. They could sign probably one more DT that will be the same caliber of cheap, mediocre player.
Except Christian Covington actually did better when he left here....

Reactions: JPM