Dallas vs. Miami... Who wins the NBA Finals? (Heat wins series 4-2)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
What a shock. Miami wins the title on a BS foul on Dirk in which Wade shoved him with a forearm and initiated the contact. The heat were called for 52 less fouls in the series overall. Again, I stunned :rolleyes:

Oh well, great season Mavs, and congrats David Ster.....I mean Miami

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
What a shock. Miami wins the title on a BS foul on Dirk in which Wade shoved him with a forearm and initiated the contact. The heat were called for 52 less fouls in the series overall. Again, I stunned :rolleyes:

Oh well, great season Mavs, and congrats David Ster.....I mean Miami

So, game three....up double digits with 6:00 to go, the series at 2-0, soon to be 3-0....

then suddenly....

The series was lost at that moment. The momentum had shifted. Miami suddenly had the confidence they sorely lacked. They responded. And won. And won. And won. And won. 4 straight games. Games they "shouldn't have won" but nonetheless won.

Miami made big plays when it was needed. That was the difference in the series. Whenever Miami needed a play, they maded it. Whenever Dallas needed a score to slow down a Miami run, they made mistakes, and proved to be the young team they were.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
So, game three....up double digits with 6:00 to go, the series at 2-0, soon to be 3-0....

then suddenly....

The series was lost at that moment. The momentum had shifted. Miami suddenly had the confidence they sorely lacked. They responded. And won. And won. And won. And won. 4 straight games. Games they "shouldn't have won" but nonetheless won.

Miami made big plays when it was needed. That was the difference in the series. Whenever Miami needed a play, they maded it. Whenever Dallas needed a score to slow down a Miami run, they made mistakes, and proved to be the young team they were.

No, whenever Miami needed a score, the refs gave it to them.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
No, whenever Miami needed a score, the refs gave it to them.

Yeah...bec. Wade hitting all those shots down the stretch of games 3, 4, and 5 were all ref aided.

Your blindness to the Mavs collapse amazes me. Blame everybody BUT the Mavs!

The series was lost when the Mavs COLLAPSED in game 3. I only wish I had put some money on it after that game. I guess that teaches me for choosing to follow my heart over my head.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hey, where did all these Heat in 6 predictions come from? ;)

3 days ago, Yaeger and Woody's Girl were the only people who predicted a Heat win.

I didn't think the Mavs would choke away a 2-0 lead like that. Pathetic. AJ looked lost. I guess it's tougher to coach against a guy who you didn't play under for several years. Spurs should have been the Western Conference reps. Would have put up more of a fight.

Okay bandwagon Mavs fans, you can all go home now and tune in next time the Mavs get past the first round. :) Someone go get a lollipop for Marc Cuban. You know he won't be able to shut up about something.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Yeah...bec. Wade hitting all those shots down the stretch of games 3, 4, and 5 were all ref aided.

Your blindness to the Mavs collapse amazes me. Blame everybody BUT the Mavs!

The series was lost when the Mavs COLLAPSED in game 3. I only wish I had put some money on it after that game. I guess that teaches me for choosing to follow my heart over my head.

Why did Miami win game 5? Wade is given, at best, a questionable call that you certainly cant call to decide a Finals game

Why did Miami win game 6? Not only is Wade given a pitiful call which was much nore an offense foul than defensive foul, but Haslem is not called for pushing off on two rebounds in the final 90 seconds

Save game 3, Miami did not make a single game winning shot without the refs aid. Not one.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

3 days ago, Yaeger and Woody's Girl were the only people who predicted a Heat win.

I didn't think the Mavs would choke away a 2-0 lead like that. Pathetic. AJ looked lost. Spurs should have been the Western Conference reps. Would have put up more of a fight.
I originally said the Heat in 6 :)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I didn't think the Mavs would choke away a 2-0 lead like that. Pathetic. AJ looked lost. I guess it's tougher to coach against a guy who you didn't play under for several years. Spurs should have been the Western Conference reps. Would have put up more of a fight.

Okay bandwagon Mavs fans, you can all go home now and tune in next time the Mavs get past the first round. :) Someone go get a lollipop for Marc Cuban. You know he won't be able to shut up about something.

And yet, Dallas proved to be the better team than SA. What does that say about the Spurs?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
HH, again...

The turning point of the series was game 3. You should have saw it coming with the way the Mavs absolutely choked down the stretch.

And even if games 4 and 5 were horribly officiated....Wade hit PLENTY of shots down the stretch of both games, proving to be clutch.

In game 5, Harris airball, a 24 second violation, Dirk missing and missing and missing down the stretch, Howards missed Free Throws..... while Wade continued to hit and hit and hit.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, blame the refs.

At the end of the day, the Miami Heat are Champions.
Dallas is runner ups.

Thats ALL that matters.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And yet, Dallas proved to be the better team than SA. What does that say about the Spurs?

It says the Mavs were freaking lucky. :)

That Spurs/Mavs series was so close, one correct call, one basket, one anything would have won it for the Spurs.

Spurs just got napping against a coach who knew them inside and out.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
We all know the only reason the Mavs beat the Spurs was because the refs had it in for the San Antonio and wanted to see a bigger market team in the finals. How else do you explain all those lousy calls that went against the Spurs.

And still, despite having to play against the refs and David Stern, the Spurs still came within a hair of beating the Mavs.

;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White said:
We all know the only reason the Mavs beat the Spurs was because the refs had it in for the San Antonio and wanted to see a bigger market team in the finals. How else do you explain all those lousy calls that went against the Spurs.

And still, despite having to play against the refs and David Stern, the Spurs still came within a hair of beating the Mavs.

;)

The refs were the only reason SA was in the series. Games 5 and 6 were the "Breathe on Tim Duncan and you automatically get 3 fouls" games. Even in the second half of game 7, the refs let the Spurs back it.

:cool:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
It says the Mavs were freaking lucky. :)

That Spurs/Mavs series was so close, one correct call, one basket, one anything would have won it for the Spurs.

Spurs just got napping against a coach who knew them inside and out.

The only place you should be laying blame is on Manu Ginobili, by far the dumbest player in this years playoffs. He single-handidly lost the Spurs 3 games.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
This will go down as the biggest choke job in Metroplex history. Blame the Refs, blame the weather, blame the man in the moon. Blame who ever you want, The Mavs didn't have the heart to win.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The only place you should be laying blame is on Manu Ginobili, by far the dumbest player in this years playoffs. He single-handidly lost the Spurs 3 games.

Dunno.

Howard with that timeout ranks up there....

:lmao2:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
This will go down as the biggest choke job in Metroplex history. Blame the Refs, blame the weather, blame the man in the moon. Blame who ever you want, The Mavs didn't have the heart to win.

Ding Ding Ding.

We have a winner. The series was overafter Game 3. The Mavs lost confidence while the Heat responded like Champs.

Which is why they are champs...

For this year...and this year only...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hey Danny,

Breaking news! Spurs just traded Rasho to Toronto!

Thank god. Waste of roster space.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Vintage said:
Ding Ding Ding.

We have a winner. The series was overafter Game 3. The Mavs lost confidence while the Heat responded like Champs.

Which is why they are champs...

For this year...and this year only...

Hey, i'm a 6ers fan, i've seen historic chokes, and this was a historic choke. If the Mavs can come right back in the next year and win it, the fans will be happy and it will lesson the hurt, but it will never go away. My 6ers were up 2-0 on the Blazers in 77(i was 15) and we got swept. I'll never forget the gut wrenching feeling. Next year is a different year, but the hurt never goes away. Ask the Red Sox about 1986 when my Mets came back :)