Game Day ***Dallas vs Washington Post Game thread***

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say they didn’t care.I felt like they game planned vanilla, everything went into a cluster and they continued to try to dig out of a hole.

it was clear they didn’t use the entire playbook. I don’t recall any play action or any rolling out the entire game.
Just watched a bit of the game again. This is exactly what seems to have happened. They played very vanilla on both sides of the ball.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I made an image that expresses how I feel about this game.
thanksalotcowboys-final.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
7 shouldn’t be allowed to play anytime soon. There’s just no room for that in any sport. Why weren’t the Lions players in there to defend their trainer more?
that was ugly and worse was the no call head shot on swift.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The thing is Sean Payton when asked if QB is the top factor for his next HC job: “Ownership and the functionality of the front office is most important.”

To me, that does not bode well for the Jone's Franchise opportunities.

Jerry and Payton are tight.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
7 shouldn’t be allowed to play anytime soon. There’s just no room for that in any sport. Why weren’t the Lions players in there to defend their trainer more?
Well, the Packers did not make the playoffs so he won't be playing till next summer.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry and Payton are tight.
The thing no one talks about with payton is his whole staff of "His Guys" are running the saints. I am pretty sure Dennis Allen, Pete Carmichael etc.. are not going to resign their positions to go work for Payton.

So if you hire Payton you are hiring him without Drew Brees and his coaching staff. So to me it seems like a thing that will generate enormous expectations that I think are unattainable.

Now if he gets hired somewhere and Brady comes with him or Rodgers then that is different but if you are starting over with Payton and none of his people and a question mark at quarterback that just seems to me like a long term thing not a quick turnaround.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
The thing is Sean Payton when asked if QB is the top factor for his next HC job: “Ownership and the functionality of the front office is most important.”

To me, that does not bode well for the Jone's Franchise opportunities.

Oops!

Travoman

Reaction score
Getting punched in the mouth today might have been the best thing for us.

So far this season, we have responded well after an embarrassing loss. Bengals after bucs, Vikings after greenbay for example. I understand you want to roll into the playoffs hot, but Dak and this young team probably needed to be humbled right before the playoffs. I bet they play out of their minds Monday night. At least I hope so.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Did you see the dude in the stands wearing a white Cowboys jersey (#11 I think)? He was holding his arms up, as if to say, "What the ...........?" It was exactly how I felt. Dak dodged a bullet after he threw a near pick-6. The only reason it wasn't was sheer dumb luck. So what does Dak do? Does he learn from it? Heck, no. On the very next play he throws a pass just like the previous one, but this one is a pick 6.

So that fan was standing up holding up his arms in exasperation, and I was saying, "I hear, ya, buddy. I feel exactly the same way."

Dak does have some abilities, and I like him as a human being. But he's not our next great quarterback. He's not even in the neighborhood of Staubach or Aikman, or even of Meredith or White.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Getting punched in the mouth today might have been the best thing for us.

So far this season, we have responded well after an embarrassing loss. Bengals after bucs, Vikings after greenbay for example. I understand you want to roll into the playoffs hot, but Dak and this young team probably needed to be humbled right before the playoffs. I bet they play out of their minds Monday night. At least I hope so.
The Texans and JAX wasn’t enough of a punch for you? :muttley: