Game Day ***Dallas vs Washington Post Game thread***

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We have another game in 6 days after getting our face beat in today. Hello a tired wounded team vs the Bucs.

BTW I believe the Bucs sat their starters or at least Tom Brady after the first half.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We have another game in 6 days after getting our face beat in today. Hello a tired wounded team vs the Bucs.

BTW I believe the Bucs sat their starters or at least Tom Brady after the first half.
The game is going to be monday night according to brad sham and troy aikman. So they have an extra day to prepare.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
When do we find out what day/time we play? I'm assuming Monday but haven't heard anything official

MikeB80

Reaction score
When do we find out what day/time we play? I'm assuming Monday but haven't heard anything official

i think officially it will be announced after the game tonight and maybe at halftime. But brad sham said he talked to aikman and aikman told him they are contractually obligated to have the NFC' 5 vs 4 on ESPN on monday night football.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

I don't think we got "our face beat in today" by a weak team and their weak excuse for a QB, I think we beat ourselves in the face all day with a bunch of excuses for why we couldn't play football today like all the other teams did today.
Just me, but I don't think there's any worthwhile excuse for the Cowboy's total failure today. We didn't just get beat, it was a train wreck.

Carson

Reaction score
That was in the pouring rain, Dallas had nothing to play for. Fwiw romo hit miles austin on a slant that should have gone 60 for a td and he just flat let it go through his hands. They pulled the offense at the half because the weather was so bad. That Dallas team was managing injuries the final 3 weeks to Romos thumb, andre gurode, chris canty and anthony henry. They were all banged up in the previous week vs the panthers except romo who injured his thumb two weeks before vs the eagles.

Also, that was Joe Gibbs washington team that played excellent defense and was very physical on the line of scrimmage. Light years better than this team that whipped Dallas today.

This game today and that game was apples and oranges. This team today was playing a third string rookie quarterback and Dallas was playing to be the 1 seed, Dallas in 07 was the 1 seed. It's a shame so many fans of this team do not know its own history.
I know it was pouring rain. I was there.

Collins was the backup as well.

I was simply saying we went there, laid a stinker. Barber needed 19 yards for 1,000 and ended up losing yards.

I understand that the magnitude at the beginning of the game was different. But the end result was they kicked our *** all over the field.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
That was in the pouring rain, Dallas had nothing to play for. Fwiw romo hit miles austin on a slant that should have gone 60 for a td and he just flat let it go through his hands. They pulled the offense at the half because the weather was so bad. That Dallas team was managing injuries the final 3 weeks to Romos thumb, andre gurode, chris canty and anthony henry. They were all banged up in the previous week vs the panthers except romo who injured his thumb two weeks before vs the eagles.

Also, that was Joe Gibbs washington team that played excellent defense and was very physical on the line of scrimmage. Light years better than this team that whipped Dallas today.

This game today and that game was apples and oranges. This team today was playing a third string rookie quarterback and Dallas was playing to be the 1 seed, Dallas in 07 was the 1 seed. It's a shame so many fans of this team do not know its own history.
Those are dak over Dallas fans and I get your point. Having said that, Romo didn’t win either and I blame his overpaid salary as well. This team needs to learn that elite QBs are very rare and therefore needs to be smart where they spend their money. I would invest more on defense and get weapons on offense for a bus driver to look great. If said bus driver thinks he’s better than team, let him walk. If we somehow hit the lottery and the next coming of Rodgers comes around and we think he can elevate players around him, well prob still let him walk..reason is that Rodgers hasn’t won SB since taking elite money.

fansince68

Reaction score
Terence Steele > Tyron Smith at RT, especially in the running game. The Cowboys haven't averaged 4.0 yards/rush in a game since he got hurt. Can't run the ball = no chance!
Larry Allen played all over the O line and excelled. I still think Tyron is on his last leg and living off past accolades.

Cmac

Reaction score
This was some straight up frakanicky.......I live in the DMV, just watched the game with some diehard Commander fans.....and my team gave me this performance......straight frankanicky

MikeB80

Reaction score
We lost badly to the Sam Howell-led Commanders......let that sink in. Totally unprepared and no accountability forthcoming to the coaches. Unbelievable, anywhere but The Star.
if not for a bad PI call last week Dallas might have lost to Josh Dobbs too.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They don’t care they are already in the playoffs and throwing the game to play Tampa. I mean it’s classic

LovinItAll

Reaction score
After watching the game, it's clear we're ready to make a SB run. After all, we used up a season's worth of 3 and outs, so we won't have any more of those. Dak completed like 2% of his passes, so it'll be 80% throughout the rest of the playoffs.

We're golden.

Carson

Reaction score
They don’t care they are already in the playoffs and throwing the game to play Tampa. I mean it’s classic
I wouldn’t say they didn’t care.I felt like they game planned vanilla, everything went into a cluster and they continued to try to dig out of a hole.

it was clear they didn’t use the entire playbook. I don’t recall any play action or any rolling out the entire game.