Game Day ***Dallas vs Washington post game thread***

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here is a proof CTE is for real.
The fact that he tried to agree with him about last year what did Daniel Jones do last year Daniel Jones at his best which is sad that last year was his best year that's Prescott's worst Prescott still had more touchdowns just because he had more interceptions doesn't mean squat he still played better than Daniel Jones at every level except for turnovers how would anybody I don't think there's anybody that would take Daniel Jones over Prescott not last year not any year Daniel Jones is tyrod Taylor and his backups have already proved the $42 million was a giant mistake, pun intended..

I'm no dak Homer I'm also not a cowboy Homer when it comes to this stuff this BUT this by far is the dumbest thing I've ever heard,

anybody who thinks Daniel Jones is even close in the conversation with Prescott , note Prescott 's worst games are what Daniel Jones looks like on a regular basis... he should have never got paid he never was good that team revolved around the run game and playing it very safe and defense, and I realized they don't have a lot of weapons for Jones, but they got him more weapons this year and they were worse...

Carson

Reaction score
We have 0 wins against winning (.500+) teams this year and 1 loss to the 2-9 Cardinals. While I enjoy the wins I refuse to be sucked in again after we've lived through the last several seasons. I'm hopeful that we can pull off some "Any Given Sunday" miracles as we meander into the playoffs. This Team still has work to do to see a successful playoff run.
Regardless, I’d rather be sitting here at 8-3 likely heading to the postseason then 3-8 and looking like trash.

Sydla

Reaction score
This team is leading the league in points and Dak is playing his best ball in years without a run game

@Sydla care to comment on this?
Dak and McCarthy are doing nice jobs. I think they still have some issues in the red zone that are tied to McCarthy but, at least for now, they are doing great.

Let's have this discussion after the next 4-5 games when the competition ratchets up and then in the postseason. We've played two really good teams and in one, the offense was putrid and in the 2nd, the offense had noticeable gaffes that prevented us from winning.

I've been clear, if this team spits the bit again early where the offense looks inept like it did the last two San Fran playoff games, I am firmly in favor of blowing the offense up. Now is the time to do it given Dak's contract. You can't extend him this offseason and then have to blow it up a year or two later.

Bagman

Reaction score
We have 0 wins against winning (.500+) teams this year and 1 loss to the 2-9 Cardinals. While I enjoy the wins I refuse to be sucked in again after we've lived through the last several seasons. I'm hopeful that we can pull off some "Any Given Sunday" miracles as we meander into the playoffs. This Team still has work to do to see a successful playoff run.
So......next Thursday when we curb stomp Seattle, your statement will no longer be valid. I look forward to seeing you move the goalposts to a different complaint.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It will only be the end of the world for those fans who are expecting us to roll through the playoffs regardless if we’re on the road.
True. In Trolling the Nation, some Eagles fan made a comment about Dallas fans now chirping that they're on the way to the Super Bowl after beating lowly Washington. I absolutely enjoyed the win, but I would hope it didn't make anyone think we're suddenly Super Bowl locks. If we get there, we're most likely going to have to do it on the road, and even if we somehow get home-field advantage it doesn't mean we're going to roll.

I'm still believe it when I see it as far as how we do in the playoffs. Not expecting anything until we show it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
this, Combo of Quinn and Al is doing wonders to our secondary
Harris could be in line for a DC job somewhere. Even here if Quinn decides he wants to be a head coach again.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Cowboys did exactly what they were supposed to do with a bad team - beat them convincingly. The defense bent, but didn't break, the offensive line dominated and the passing game made plays down the field. Aside from Bell (and he came back into the game), it looks like there weren't any injuries of note, which is critical entering the home stretch.

The JV portion of the schedule is over. You beat the JV to get to the playoffs, but you need to beat the varsity to win in the playoffs. The next five games will give a good sense as to what we can expect from this team in the playoffs. Hope they are up to the challenge.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The Cowboys did exactly what they were supposed to do with a bad team - beat them convincingly. The defense bent, but didn't break, the offensive line dominated and the passing game made plays down the field. Aside from Bell (and he came back into the game), it looks like there weren't any injuries of note, which is critical entering the home stretch.

The JV portion of the schedule is over. You beat the JV to get to the playoffs, but you need to beat the varsity to win in the playoffs. The next five games will give a good sense as to what we can expect from this team in the playoffs. Hope they are up to the challenge.
Yep, even if we lose another close one to Philly and have no shot at home field, we need to at least win four of the next six and show we belong. I know fans will throw their hands up in the air if there's another Eagles loss, but losing to one of the best teams in the league isn't the end of the world and doesn't mean we can't beat them in the playoffs (we nearly beat them at home, and might have with a couple of calls going our way ... such as the bad spot on the first drive). Losing the majority of this six-game stretch would, though IMO.

Plankton

Reaction score
Yep, even if we lose another close one to Philly and have no shot at home field, we need to at least win four of the next six and show we belong. I know fans will throw their hands up in the air if there's another Eagles loss, but losing to one of the best teams in the league isn't the end of the world and doesn't mean we can't beat them in the playoffs (we nearly beat them at home, and might have with a couple of calls going our way ... such as the bad spot on the first drive). Losing the majority of this six-game stretch would, though IMO.
I think they will beat the Eagles (10 days to prepare, home field advantage and the Eagles playing a very physical Niners team the week before will aid in that effort). What I am interested in seeing is how they play in Buffalo (potential bad weather game with a QB who will likely be back to his running self with the OC change) and then in Miami the following week with all of that offensive speed. Those will be tough tests, and completely different play styles to prepare for.

zeke21

Reaction score
Its a great feeling to see the Boys have another spectacular crushing win against a div rival. However some of this commentary is just over the top.

We are still yet to beat a team .500+.. we can only play who is in front of us.. so I get it but can we not crown this team elite until they actually do something elite?

We have got 2 of the best defensive players in the league with Parsons and Bland.. supported by Tank, Ogi and cast. It is a formidable line up... and yet they are still giving up yards and starting slow. We are still waiting to see if they can stop the best offences in the league on a consistent basis.

We have got an offence that is built and firing on all cylinders.. CeeDee best WR, with plenty of support from Cooks and Gallop and Turpin providing the X factor.. a strong stable of TEs and the OLine has stepped up. This has meant that the running game is finally making a few little chunk plays and keeping the sticks moving. This allows Dak to pick up apart teams in a clinical, methodical manner. Dak was under absolutely no pressure again and sat out another 4th quarter. We are still waiting to see how this offence handles a team that keeps them frustrated.. how does Dak handle it when he has to play from behind?

No, its not hate and no they can't do anything about who they are playing and when but I just think we should temper our excitement until this team actually does something worthy of being called elite. I have no doubt (and have had no doubt) that we have all the pieces that should be good enough for a deep playoff run. The question is whether we can play this well when the heat is really on. I sincerely hope so because winning sure feels good.