Dallas will be in the playoffs

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because the NFC East is pathetic, not because they deserve it. I'm an old timer, but I remember the days of when the winner of the NFC East would take the NFC Championship and the SB for years. Offense and passing may be sexy, but defense wins titles.

You don't even need a great defense to win in today's game. You just need a defense that can make timely plays and help out. Ours does none of that at all. 1 turnover in 3 games. This offense is good enough to win a Super Bowl. But it is offset by bottom of the league defense and special teams. They are god awful. So then every single mistake on offense is magnified.

The fact that this offense won a game where they lost the turnover battle by 4 or 5 and the defense made zero turnovers and special teams did zero is one of the biggest miracles I have ever seen.

erod

Reaction score
You don't even need a great defense to win in today's game. You just need a defense that can make timely plays and help out. Ours does none of that at all. 1 turnover in 3 games. This offense is good enough to win a Super Bowl. But it is offset by bottom of the league defense and special teams. They are god awful. So then every single mistake on offense is magnified.

The fact that this offense won a game where they lost the turnover battle by 4 or 5 and the defense made zero turnovers and special teams did zero is one of the biggest miracles I have ever seen.
The strange thing is, yesterday the defense forced several punts, which I didn't expect.

But your turnover point is valid and a longtime problem around these parts.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Because the NFC East is pathetic, not because they deserve it. I'm an old timer, but I remember the days of when the winner of the NFC East would take the NFC Championship and the SB for years. Offense and passing may be sexy, but defense wins titles.

And that we Don't have!

starfan1

Reaction score
If they want to be meaningfully better, they're going to have to sign Earl Thomas. The safety position is a catastrophe.
I cant stand the garbage but hes an improvement over what we currently have but that wont repair the secondary. We need to get some folks healthy as well. Its not just 1 spot that needs fixed its 3 and the one that you could make an argument 4 is a rookie and just got schooled all day yesterday.

erod

Reaction score
My bad forgot Wash is technically a half game ahead of us since they have a division win
No, because we haven't played them yet. If their win was against us, that would be true.

Verdict

Reaction score

The Patriots have parlayed a bad division into several super bowl titles. I would take a weak NFCE conference every year.

Wins build confidence. Confidence is a factor in the way a team plays. That’s one of the reasons I am OK with some of MM’s gambles that others are not.

The NFCE has been the toughest division in football for many years. I’m ready for a few cupcake seasons myself.

We may have an early exit, but any chance is better than none at all. How many times did we have a very good team that just missed the playoffs?

People need to stop whining about backing into the playoffs etc. The Giants have two SBs under Eli that they backed into both.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they want to be meaningfully better, they're going to have to sign Earl Thomas. The safety position is a catastrophe.
I've been against signing ET, but after seeing how easily other teams go deep against our secondary, I'm willing to risk the cancer in our locker room.

erod

Reaction score
I've been against signed ET, but after seeing how easily other teams go deep against our secondary, I'm willing to risk the cancer in our locker room.
Woods looks like a bust. Thompson is worse.

I prefer Carr and Thomas the rest of the way.

Verdict

Reaction score

I don’t care how many TOs we get in the regular season. A few timely turnovers in the playoffs are just what the doctor ordered.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
No, because we haven't played them yet. If their win was against us, that would be true.

Well crap I’m dumb. I always thought if your records were the same regardless of having played or not played each other the one with the most division wins was technically ahead. Example we are tied with The Team at 1-2 but since their lone win was against a division opponent Philly even tho our records are the same they are technically first.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jerry can't make as much money this year as he normally would unless attendance goes back to 100%. That's why I don't think he really cares this season

erod

Reaction score
Yeah, but look at what is around him. He's got McLaurin. That's it.
True. Looks lost though.

I never understood the first-round grade on him. Much like Christian Ponder or Blaine Gabbert when they went in the first.

blueblood70

Reaction score
thats a load of horse manure

they played the rams and Hawks tight lost by a score if they get this together get on run they can beat anyone with bounce one way or another , for sure less TOs by Dak.....if you make the playoff you deserved it and anything can happen once you are there..i mean we started 2018 3-5, finished 10-6 went on a run and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs..did we not deserve it, we have 13 left to prove that and 10 wins is still on the board..either way