Dallas will be in the playoffs

blueblood70

Reaction score
Laughable thinking this division winner only gets 6 or 7 wins.
yes its laughable because theres 13 left to not only have 7 wins.. we wouldn't be the first didnt team get in at 7-9 one year?

i doubt that happens.. we can chat about it when it does

all the knee jerk emotional predictions are arduous at best

fans need to calm down

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All the Cowboys have to do to make the playoffs is finish with a better record than the three other crap teams in their division. It might take only 7-8 wins to win the East. Even with the extra playoff team we’re already shooting ourselves out of a wildcard chance with two conference losses.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Woods looks like a bust. Thompson is worse.

I prefer Carr and Thomas the rest of the way.
We also need to review our play calling which can be fixed. I have never seen such atrocious play calling. How many times to you have to call drive killing RB and WR screens to see that they don't work? Crossing patterns were working and we decided to run fancy reverses and poorly executed and ill-timed option runs that went no where the entire game.

Carson

Reaction score
Washington lost two key cogs on the front 7. One for the year and the other for a few weeks in young

He is hands down one of the most underrated players in the league

TWOK11

Reaction score
Dallas will be 5-1 or 6-0 in this division. So thanks, Atlanta!!

That means we have to win two of these games:

Cleveland
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
San Fran
Arizona
Minnesota

Cincinnati is terrible. Their defense is as bad as ours, their OL is worse and Burrow nowhere near there yet. So long as Burrow doesn’t flip the switch before we play them this is the easiest remaining game behind the two Giants matchups.

Cleveland isn’t very good, they trailed Washington deep into the game despite winning the turnover battle 5-0 and their other win was a dogfight against the Bengals. For all the complaining about us losing by 3 and 7 points to two contenders, Cleveland lost by 5 touchdowns to the one real team they’ve played.

Minnesota is 0-3 and were only competitive in 1 of those games. Looking at their schedule, they’ll likely be around 2-7 when we face them.

Arizona is a wild card, they looked great against SF, okay in sloppy win against Washington and then lost to the Lions. Kyler Murray is fun to watch, but he has already thrown 5 INTs and leads the league in dropped INTs at an additional 5. He really likes to throw the ball to the other team. If you don’t let him run all over you he’s gonna hand you some points.

Pittsburgh is 3-0 against teams that are a combined 0-9 and all three games were close well into the 4th quarter.

Who knows about SF, at this rate half their starters will be on IR by the time we play. If reasonably healthy this is probably a loss.

Baltimore is a loss, no way around that one.

All that to say, 3-4 wins in those games is not only possible but likely IMO. Go 5-1 against the trash division and combine with our one win so far and that’s 9-10 wins which probably wins the division by at least 3 games.

Slick

Reaction score
thats a load of horse manure

they played the rams and Hawks tight lost by a score if they get this together get on run they can beat anyone with bounce one way or another , for sure less TOs by Dak.....if you make the playoff you deserved it and anything can happen once you are there..i mean we started 2018 3-5, finished 10-6 went on a run and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs..did we not deserve it, we have 13 left to prove that and 10 wins is still on the board..either way

The teams that win in postseason, have historically been on a roll going into Dec and keeping that momentum. Just squeaking by, generally won't get it done.

The Giants, Packers, and Ravens were on a roll and did it, but they had great defenses too.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True. Looks lost though.

I never understood the first-round grade on him. Much like Christian Ponder or Blaine Gabbert when they went in the first.
Yeah, I'm not high on the kid at all, but it's tough to evaluate a QB that has no weapons and whose team is just bad overall. Imagine Dak with just Ceedee Lamb and no running back or offensive line. Outside of Scherff that line is garbage.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then we’ll proceed to get blown out in the WC. No thanks. Send Washington, get ourselves a lower draft pick, and start again next year, but next time, with a better defense.
A competitor wants a chance in the playoffs, even if the odds are long.

Being willing to quit 3 games into the season is not how I think, and if it ever got to be that way I would never watch a sport again.

After all, what's the point of watching a competition if you don't believe in competition?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
A competitor wants a chance in the playoffs, even if the odds are long.

Being willing to quit 3 games into the season is not how I think, and if it ever got to be that way I would never watch a sport again.

After all, what's the point of watching a competition if you don't believe in competition?

I guess I just like the mental torture aspect of it.

zerofill

Reaction score
Browns gonna be a tough game this week.

Our divisional games can’t come soon enough. Lol

It will not surprise me at all if we lose to the Browns. It will not feel very good, but I see that as a huge possibility lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It will not surprise me at all if we lose to the Browns. It will not feel very good, but I see that as a huge possibility lol.
Browns are a good team. And we struggle against winning teams. Chubbs will chew up our defense and Maxwell could have a field day. And Browns defense is better than we’ve seen. This is a very loseable game.

conner01

Reaction score
If they want to be meaningfully better, they're going to have to sign Earl Thomas. The safety position is a catastrophe.
I love the talent but not so sure about the man
Taking that hit to cut him and no one else signing him worries me
I’d certainly do a lot of investigating before I signed him
But he is a great talent

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They'll be a quick out,
and what's the point if we have no chance of competing in the actual playoffs?

Good enough for Jerry should not be good enough for this fan base. We were raised better than this.

zerofill

Reaction score
Browns are a good team. And we struggle against winning teams. Chubbs will chew up our defense and Maxwell could have a field day. And Browns defense is better than we’ve seen. This is a very loseable game.

Yeah their defense is definitely better that the Seahawks and the Falcons... Landry will probably have these DBs all confused if he is back to form.