Dallas will not select a QB at no 4.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I am more convinced then ever that Dallas will not select a QB at no 4 and it is due to a myriad of reasons.

!. The most important is that every high profile QB looking for a place to land will look first at Dallas.
It is the premier spot to be in all of professional sports. The Cowboys QB position is the highest of all positions in professional sports. There is a reason RGIII has relatives showing up wearing Cowboys Jerseys with his name on it and there is a reason Manziel wants to be here.

You can pretend that these two are not potential answers and they are busts but both were highly rated QB's. One had demonstrated in his rookie year some incredible skills and the other has done as much as he can in the situation he is in. Both are every bit as much legitimate prospects as any rookie QB available in this draft. The big difference is if called upon next year to fill in for Romo they can actually win games.

2. If you take a QB at 4 you are passing on a tremendous prospect. Treadwell is potentially a Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Amari Cooper type of talent. Jalen Ramsey and Hargreaves III both fill huge needs. Jack does as well. There are other elite prospects that they would have to pass on to take a QB that they hope some day is better than the options they passed on.((Manziel RGIII etc)

3. This is the highest draft position the team has seen in years and the team has a ton of holes. I will run through them. Back up QB, RB, CB, SS, OLB, MLB, WR2, CB again, RT if Chaz Green doesnt work out, OG if they lose Leary and Bernie, Backup C if they lose Bernie, You could even argue that they need 3 LB's if Mcclain is not resigned and Wilber is not resigned. Lee, Hitchens and Wilson does not make a LB core when you consider the facts that Lee misses games every year, Wilson is an unknown, and Hitchens looks like a backup at this point. DT we all know that a 1 tech has been needed for years. If Hardy and Mincy are not resigned then a DE becomes a need as well. That is a hell of a lot of needs. In short, this team needs to maximize resources which brings me to point no 4.

4. Jerry and Stephen love to trade back and acquire extra picks and now would be the time to do so since there are so many holes and they are sitting at the highest draft position they have been at sine the 1st year of Ownership.

I honestly believe anyone that thinks Goff or Lynch at 4 is going to be the selection are going to be disappointed. I also believe that in the end they may be glad that is not what happens.

Even though this team has holes they do have a solid foundation.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
If the cowboys front office grades either Goff or Lynch as a franchise QB, we MUST take him at 4. RG3 has broken down physically and nothing about Johnny Manziel makes me think he can be the leader of the team beyond Romo.

Last edited:

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Those weren't RGIII's relatives and Cleveland fired their coach and their GM so I'm thinking they are probably planning on rolling with JF.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
If the cowboys front office grades either Goff or Lynch has a franchise QB, we MUST take him at 4. RG3 has broken down physically and nothing about Johnny Manziel makes me think he can be the leader of the team beyond Romo.

Well I listed 13 holes that needed to be filled and you think they are going to spend the highest pick they have had since they bought the team on a back up QB? How much do you want to bet?

superonyx

Reaction score
If the cowboys front office grades either Goff or Lynch has a franchise QB, we MUST take him at 4. RG3 has broken down physically and nothing about Johnny Manziel makes me think he can be the leader of the team beyond Romo.

I think the front office will also consider the second tier of QB's and how they are graded internally to whoever is left between Goff and Lynch. Its possible they may end up loving Goff and seeing Lynch as a more expensive Carson Wentz ect. They most likely wont know what they will do until Cleveland makes their selection.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
If this team passes on a QB because they want manziel or RG3 then the biggest hole is in the front office.

These guys are proven bums in the league.

I'm not saying they draft a QB. But the reason not to cant be manziel or RG3.

Those aren't the only two options that will want to come here. Heck the season ends today and already the links are happening. Let's not forget we are talking about the backup QB position when the current QB is one of the highest paid players int he league with 3 more years under his contract. BTW neither are proven bums. One had a severe injury and may be healed by now(I leave it up to the doctors to figure that out) and the other is a guy playing in the worst organization in the league. You may have written off Romo early too.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think the front office will also consider the second tier of QB's and how they are graded internally to whoever is left between Goff and Lynch. Its possible they may end up loving Goff and seeing Lynch as a more expensive Carson Wentz ect. They most likely wont know what they will do until Cleveland makes their selection.

They may have their answer well before the draft but even if they don't they will have a scenario prepared for any decision CLE makes. At least they better!

superonyx

Reaction score
Those aren't the only two options that will want to come here. Heck the season ends today and already the links are happening. Let's not forget we are talking about the backup QB position when the current QB is one of the highest paid players int he league with 3 more years under his contract. BTW neither are proven bums. One had a severe injury and may be healed by now(I leave it up to the doctors to figure that out) and the other is a guy playing in the worst organization in the league. You may have written off Romo early too.

Manziel cant lock down a starting spot on the worst team in the league....that's a problem. If you cant even start for the Browns you have no business starting for the Cowboys.
RG3 had 1 good season and once teams figured him out and he became afraid to run he collapsed. He holds the ball too long, takes way to many sacks and couldn't beat Kurt Cousins for the starting job. He spent the entire 2015 season in street clothes on the sidelines.

These guys are not good enough to stop us from drafting an eventual franchise QB. Neither has proven to be a franchise QB in the NFL so why would we want them to man that post in Dallas?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Manziel cant lock down a starting spot on the worst team in the league....that's a problem. If you cant even start for the Browns you have no business starting for the Cowboys.
RG3 had 1 good season and once teams figured him out and he became afraid to run he collapsed. He holds the ball too long, takes way to many sacks and couldn't beat Kurt Cousins for the starting job. He spent the entire 2015 season in street clothes on the sidelines.

These guys are not good enough to stop us from drafting an eventual franchise QB. Neither has proven to be a franchise QB in the NFL so why would we want them to man that post in Dallas?

Both are better prospects to win in 2016 and in the future than any QB available in the draft.

And that does not even factor in what you are passing on to take one of these QB gambles in the draft.

And it most certainly does not factor in the potential wind fall that a no 4 pick can bring to help you fill multiple holes when you trade down.

superonyx

Reaction score
Both are better prospects to win in 2016 and in the future than any QB available in the draft.

And that does not even factor in what you are passing on to take one of these QB gambles in the draft.

And it most certainly does not factor in the potential wind fall that a no 4 pick can bring to help you fill multiple holes when you trade down.

This is simply not true. If they were both better prospects than Goff and Lynch then teams would be offering 1st round picks in trade for them.
This is your opinion. Its obviously not shared by the teams in the NFL.
These guys are regarded as cast offs and failed projects. Sorry.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Those weren't RGIII's relatives and Cleveland fired their coach and their GM so I'm thinking they are probably planning on rolling with JF.

I believe it was reported that it was RG3's aunt and uncle at the game today who are Cowboys fans. Also living in Cleveland it's almost a certainty that they're done with Manziel....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Those guys are one year insurance policies. Goff is a probable replacement for Romo.

We may never get a better chance to get a Franchise QB.

You can control a 1st round pick for up to 6 years before FA with the 5th year option and franchise tag. QB is great position to spend big money on.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Those guys are one year insurance policies. Goff is a probable replacement for Romo.

We may never get a better chance to get a Franchise QB.

You can control a 1st round pick for up to 6 years before FA with the 5th year option and franchise tag. QB is great position to spend big money on.

First of all in the most likely outcome, we will be picking the no 2 QB available in the draft. Second of all you can try to convince yourself that Golf is some kind of a can't miss prospect all you want but in a better year of QB prospects he would not even be a 1st rd prospect.

I happen to like him but he is not going to be the best prospect at no 4 even if he is available which I don't think he will be.

Last edited:

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
This is simply not true. If they were both better prospects than Goff and Lynch then teams would be offering 1st round picks in trade for them.
This is your opinion. Its obviously not shared by the teams in the NFL.
These guys are regarded as cast offs and failed projects. Sorry.

Thanks for your opinion but we will see in a couple of years how great they are. Goff and Lynch the greatest qb prospects of all time. LOL! I think Goff has a decent chance but Lynch has bust written all over him and I don't mean stuck in a bad situation bust like Manziel but just can't get tt done bust.

Not to mention having to use your highest pick since the first year of ownsership on him when there are so many prospects that can help the team NOW. UGHHH. NO WAY!

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
How many "high profile qbs" who are definitely of the franchise variety make it to free agency?

It's there I stopped reading.

Reading is optional. Good observation. Special situations. Like when a New GM and Coach are brought in or a Consensus no 2 Pick has a knee injury.

But then again spending a no 4 pick on Lynch or Goff is much less risky. Especially when passing on a Treadwell or Ramsey or Bosa or Jack etc. RIGHT?