Dallas will win or lose in 2016 based on passing

sbark

Reaction score
Good pick, didn't think they do it because of the money............but Zeke now matches up to the longevity of our OLine.......

Verdict

Reaction score
Here we go with that passing the ball **** again. Yeah, 10 passing yards is greater than 10 running yards bull****. We get it.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
No. But they made a lot of fans who don't understand football happy.

I mean I didn't want him at 4, but there are plenty of people who understand football that wanted him.

There's a pretty clear argument, similar to the Martin pick, that this move helps your defense. Basically you simplify things, protect your QB by staying ahead of the chains, play keep away, minimize possessions, reduce what you're asking out of your defense.

My concern is the bust rate of RBs, but if there's one thing this crew can do it's draft 1st rounders. They've got a pretty ridiculous hit rate there of late.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I mean I didn't want him at 4, but there are plenty of people who understand football that wanted him.

There's a pretty clear argument, similar to the Martin pick, that this move helps your defense. Basically you simplify things, protect your QB by staying ahead of the chains, play keep away, minimize possessions, reduce what you're asking out of your defense.

My concern is the bust rate of RBs, but if there's one thing this crew can do it's draft 1st rounders. They've got a pretty ridiculous hit rate there of late.

We had an 1800 yard rusher in 2014 with a 3rd round pick. Why do we need a 4th overall pick we earned with a horrific season....to do the same?

BHendri5

Reaction score
It's frustrating to see a team make such a blunder of the draft, but here we are. Elliott will help in the passing game as a receiver and blocker, but you don't spend the #4 pick for those abilities. What he provides as a rusher won't determine whether Dallas wins or loses. Passing better or worse will determine if we win or lose. Oh, well.

this is too funny. it amazes me how the know it alls don't know it all. If this was a Blunder it is and will be the best blunder in a long time

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
We had an 1800 yard rusher in 2014 with a 3rd round pick. Why do we need a 4th overall pick we earned with a horrific season....to do the same?

Because they don't think there's a similar steal available I'd guess. Or they didn't like the options at 4, which seems pretty obvious. I'd have been ecstatic if they had managed the trade down. I don't like the value of a RB at 4 anymore than you, but the most important part of drafting is to get good players. Where they're drafted, what could have been, and all that is all rhetorical to me.

BHendri5

Reaction score
I don't know what "built to win by running the ball" means when the reason Dallas wins or loses is determined by passing better or worse than the opponent. It may be "built to win by running the ball," whatever that means, but that's not what actually happens.

yeah it does

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Why spend the 4th over-all?

Talent.

emmit-smith-150x150.jpg
E to the E
hi-res-5db9ab27a57684067592e2e366dd15a2_crop_north.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

We allowed our 1800 yard rusher to walk away thinking a couple of average backs could produce the same. They came up over 400 yards short and had 8 fewer TD's. The team found out that regardless how good your OL is the back matters and the best chance to pair a great back with our OL was to use the 4th overall pick on the best RB in the draft.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Because they don't think there's a similar steal available I'd guess. Or they didn't like the options at 4, which seems pretty obvious. I'd have been ecstatic if they had managed the trade down. I don't like the value of a RB at 4 anymore than you, but the most important part of drafting is to get good players. Where they're drafted, what could have been, and all that is all rhetorical to me.
Half the room wanted Ramsey. Jerry broke the tie. How comfortable are you that Jerry got it right?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We allowed our 1800 yard rusher to walk away thinking a couple of average backs could produce the same. They came up over 400 yards short and had 8 fewer TD's. The team found out that regardless how good your OL is the back matters and the best chance to pair a great back with our OL was to use the 4th overall pick on the best RB in the draft.

Oh look at KJJ pretending the conditions in 2014 were the same as 2015.

That's funny.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Half the room wanted Ramsey. Jerry broke the tie. How comfortable are you that Jerry got it right?

It was split and he went for the guy who can take some pressure off Romo and put points on the board. I like the pick Zeke is an explosive back who can do it all. I think he was the safest pick becsuse all the defensive players had holes.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh look at KJJ pretending the conditions in 2014 were the same as 2015.

That's funny.

A back like Zeke would have had 1500+ yards last season and double digit TDs. He's a huge upgrade over McFadden. I like the pick and you don't too bad! Now go grab yourself a box of Kleenex.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Despite the conditions last season with all the injuries the Cowboys know that an elite runner would have produced more than the backs they had last season behind their OL.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Not very. And I'm not sure of how much trust I have in the coaches in terms of eval. But I'm a silver lining guy, much like yourself, and there's plenty of bright side if they can truly get back to a dominant running game that can force teams to play them straight up. That pick your poison offense made that team. I guess my biggest thing is I wasn't excited about a CB that early either.