Dallas will win or lose in 2016 based on passing

Wood

Reaction score
It's frustrating to see a team make such a blunder of the draft, but here we are. Elliott will help in the passing game as a receiver and blocker, but you don't spend the #4 pick for those abilities. What he provides as a rusher won't determine whether Dallas wins or loses. Passing better or worse will determine if we win or lose. Oh, well.

you do have one of best QB in league. So I am not really sure where you were going with this. Zeke takes massive pressure off Romo and probably becomes TD machine for them. What I want to see is Dez actually beating tier 1 CB because there will be few of them now in division.

Brooksey

Reaction score
No. But they made a lot of fans who don't understand football happy.

Will you stop acting like you're so damn smart. All you do is insult people on this board about how smart you are. Its old man. Half the board who's excited about Zeke knows more about football than you will ever know.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don't know what "built to win by running the ball" means when the reason Dallas wins or loses is determined by passing better or worse than the opponent. It may be "built to win by running the ball," whatever that means, but that's not what actually happens.

Romo's best year as a passer was in 2014 when Murray ran for 1,800 yards.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It's frustrating to see a team make such a blunder of the draft, but here we are. Elliott will help in the passing game as a receiver and blocker, but you don't spend the #4 pick for those abilities. What he provides as a rusher won't determine whether Dallas wins or loses. Passing better or worse will determine if we win or lose. Oh, well.

Most immediate impact player during the "Romo Window". Get a clue, this is a win now move.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Every year when this team drafted someone I was not in favor of, and then i whined about it, I was told I was shopping name brands and to get over it.

Well......

kevm3

Reaction score
We can also say our best corner was drafted in the 5th round and our 1st rounder that we moved up for has been unspectacular, so why do we need to take one in the 1st? We can do that for any position. We will win or lose based on passing, and we actually saw that Murray IMPROVED Romo's passing because he wasn't forced to fling the ball 500 times a game, thus reducing turnovers. If Zeke's blocking is as touted, it will also improve Romo's passing because he will be under less pressure from opposing defenses. It will also improve his passing because it will take attention away from Dez Bryant, allowing Romo to throw the ball to him more easily. Zeke also seems to be decent catching passes, so that's another option for the offense.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Will you stop acting like you're so damn smart. All you do is insult people on this board about how smart you are. Its old man. Half the board who's excited about Zeke knows more about football than you will ever know.

Zeke is a great player. I will enjoy watching him play.

Taking him at number 4 overall was insane.

We spent the 4th pick to make sure we got the number 1 rb in the draft. Meanwhile the number 2 rb is still available.

What else is left after yesterday?

Now only the 4th best qb is available.
Now only the 4th beat DE is available.
Now only the 6th best CB is available.
Now only the 6th best OT is available.
Now only the 3rd best LB is available.
Now only the 5th best DT is available.
Now only the 3rd best S is available.
Now only the 5th best WR is available.

This is what we call opportunity cost. It'd have been better to grab a more scarce asset yesterday. That's just fact. If recognizing this and bemoaning that our braintrust doesn't is me acting smarter than everyone else... Well... What do you want me to say? Nothing? What do you want me to do? Ignore the obvious?

I refuse.