Dallas will win or lose in 2016 based on passing

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not very. And I'm not sure of how much trust I have in the coaches in terms of eval. But I'm a silver lining guy, much like yourself, and there's plenty of bright side if they can truly get back to a dominant running game that can force teams to play them straight up. That pick your poison offense made that team. I guess my biggest thing is I wasn't excited about a CB that early either.

Disagree but respeck.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
A back like Zeke would have had 1500+ yards last season and double digit TDs. He's a huge upgrade over McFadden. I like the pick and you don't too bad! Now go grab yourself a box of Kleenex.

Mcfadden had 1100 yards in 11 games as a starter. Sorry if i'm not impressed.

As to the touchdowns. You're deluding yourself.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know what "built to win by running the ball" means when the reason Dallas wins or loses is determined by passing better or worse than the opponent. It may be "built to win by running the ball," whatever that means, but that's not what actually happens.

Sorry but the classroom analytics doesn't beat out on the field experience. sorry your butt is hurt, but it will be just fine. We have an awesome player, history will show, that will be one of the biggest reasons this offense will thrive.
Besides, pass happy games are boring to watch

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The Cowboys were obviously not impressed with McFadden's 1100 yards last season. You don't take an RB with the 4th overall pick if the back you have was getting it done. Any average back could have produced what McFadden did behind our OL and they probably would have scored more TDs. Now we're going to get an opportunity to see what a great young back can do behind our OL. This was a great pick and if you can't see it that's your problem.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
It's frustrating to see a team make such a blunder of the draft, but here we are. Elliott will help in the passing game as a receiver and blocker, but you don't spend the #4 pick for those abilities. What he provides as a rusher won't determine whether Dallas wins or loses. Passing better or worse will determine if we win or lose. Oh, well.

Put that comment in 6 inch letters, frame it then put it on your dorm wall. You sound like another butt hurt poster on here who seems to think that there is no "correlation" between any position or player on any football team. Apparently a good offense doesn't help the defense and a good running game doesn't help the passing game. Oh well, when this team clinches a playoff berth in November maybe you will get it...but I'm not holding my breath. Now go celebrate with some weinekins and some French cries. Go Zeke!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I agree with KJJ, for some reason that I cannot put my finger on McFadden is just a stop gap player and Elliot will be a WHOLE lot better. We got a great player and so far a very successful draft. Did not think they would grab Elliot but man was I excited to see they pulled the trigger.

I was not overly excited with our running game even with Alfred Morris (who would beat out McFadden as starter if not for Elliot), McFadden, and Dunbar but now we have a complete offensive unit.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Put that comment in 6 inch letters, frame it then put it on your dorm wall. You sound like another butt hurt poster on here who seems to think that there is no "correlation" between any position or player on any football team. Apparently a good offense doesn't help the defense and a good running game doesn't help the passing game. Oh well, when this team clinches a playoff berth in November maybe you will get it...but I'm not holding my breath. Now go celebrate with some weinekins and some French cries. Go Zeke!

apparently all you need is a QB and a couple WRs to play this game :cool:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
22Hlwd1.gif

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Would rather have a dominating all around offense that can run, throw and block

Who cares HOW it gets down......on the ground.....thru the air...Dez....EE...Romo....BMiller

Defense just got a lot better and we still have the 3rd pick in the draft

rynochop

Reaction score
Those defensive players are all just jags. None of them are going to make any immediate impact, Zeke can actually put games away.

Hoov

Reaction score
Would rather have a dominating all around offense that can run, throw and block

Who cares HOW it gets down......on the ground.....thru the air...Dez....EE...Romo....BMiller

Defense just got a lot better and we still have the 3rd pick in the draft

I think Offenses are better when the defense is strong and gives them more opportunities and short fields like the eagles did for McNabb. Works both ways.

I really don't think the defense got better, but Romo and this offense should put up no less than 30 points every week now - or something is wrong

kevm3

Reaction score
Romo actually threw less turnovers when Murray was dominating for that one year. Taking the burden off of Romo's shoulders makes him much more effective, and it will make Dez more effective since they will have another guy to gameplan for.

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
It's frustrating to see a team make such a blunder of the draft, but here we are. Elliott will help in the passing game as a receiver and blocker, but you don't spend the #4 pick for those abilities. What he provides as a rusher won't determine whether Dallas wins or loses. Passing better or worse will determine if we win or lose. Oh, well.

ENDORSED.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Funny how the DC was on board with the Elliot pick, but some posters here think Ramsey wouldve had a greater impact on this team :laugh:

waving monkey

Reaction score

Elliott takes one defensive player out of the passing game because you must account for the "Zeek".
I hope teams dont account for Zeek on passing downs because they'll soon learn their mistakes.