Dallas won the first day of the draft, here is why

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rayman70, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

19,812 Messages
    17,897 Likes Received
    AMARI COOPER. If he was in this years top 32 picks, he would have been the best pick by far...not even close. When analyzing the top 32 picks from day one, Cooper many would argue, was the best pick of the night if you factor in the trade we did to land him. Top 5 player easily. We actually got better last night after all the dominoes fell and when you look at who is available day 2. Its a win win for us.Thoughts?

2. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

5,250 Messages
    6,384 Likes Received
    I just said that in another thread...our first rounder for cooper who had a half-season and will now have a full off-season with Dak, against guys t hat haven't played in the NFL yet....we win first round so far

3. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

19,812 Messages
    17,897 Likes Received
    couldn't agree more. Many haters on here don't agree...that's ok...we know what the true facts are.

4. Pants

Pants Well-Known Member

5,250 Messages
    6,384 Likes Received
    I would make that trade (especially in hindsight) 100 times out of 100

plymkr, DeathMonkey, ChuckA1 and 6 others like this.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

6,966 Messages
    5,145 Likes Received
    agree...but you won't see it on Sunday when the "grades" come out.:)

6. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    3,205 Likes Received
    Mack would be the best pick if we are playing that gane

7. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

10,997 Messages
    14,461 Likes Received
    Too bad we don't get the rookie contract with our pick.

8. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

2,340 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    Not to mention that he will make Dallas' 3rd round pick from last year Michael Gallup even better.

9. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    Sorry that is not correct. Amari Cooper is a great player but he would not have been the best of the players drafted last night. He is better than the 27th pick for sure.
    Guys I like better
    Nick Bosa
    Quinnen Williams
    Devin White
    Josh Allen
    Ed Oliver
    Devin Bush
    Jonah Williams

The trade turned out much better than I or anyone else expected. Even Jerry & Stephen didn't expect Cooper to come in ignite the team to a division title. They were looking at this as a move for the 2019 year. If I do have a regret, I would have loved to have swapped 2nd round picks or at least get a third in addition to getting Cooper and trading away our first pick.

GimmeTheBall! likes this.
  10. Titleist

Titleist Well-Known Member

1,769 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Mack would be best player overall, but Cooper probably would have impacted our team the most out of any player. Totally re-energized our offense

11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,300 Messages
    652 Likes Received
    I agree, Bears with Khalil Mack is probably the best player traded for a first round pick; but they also gave up their 2nd.

12. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

5,352 Messages
    3,188 Likes Received
    Cooper turned our season around last year, how many players can do that.

13. ThatJerryKid

ThatJerryKid cowboys31

1,557 Messages
    3,450 Likes Received
    Who the hell is Mel Kiper?

Techsass, EST_1986, Furboy and 2 others like this.
  14. Twisted Dawg

Twisted Dawg Well-Known Member

620 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    Khalil Mack just called and said hello.

DFWJC likes this.
  15. BotchedLobotomy

BotchedLobotomy Wide Right

12,297 Messages
    16,281 Likes Received
    I suspect that most people on here that are still upset with the Copper trade are more upset that their Thursday night draft party was ruined without a Cowboys pick than getting a high value player in return for the first round pick.

16. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,866 Messages
    7,560 Likes Received
    cooper is 24 and it was a really good trade for the cowboys but the cowboys need to be really good with there draft picks coming up if they do this will be a really good draft for them

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  17. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

18,037 Messages
    18,441 Likes Received
    #1 recievers are hard to find. It's depends on what you want. A threat to score every time he touches the ball (Cooper), or those impactful defensive pass rushers, which too are hard to find.

18. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

6,421 Messages
    4,787 Likes Received
    Cooper would have been a top 10 pick if drafted last night but, since the player passing the ball to him couldn't hit
    a peach basket from 12 yards, not so much.

19. MWH1967

MWH1967 Boys#1 95

4,229 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    Very well said. Only thing I will add is the accelerated pay that is already attached vs a Rookie contract. I just hope there is enough room at the inn for every one.

Rayman70 likes this.
  20. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,047 Messages
    48,354 Likes Received
    How do you compare a player that's been playing for a few years to unproven rookies?

If they'd had a re-draft of Cooper before that trade, I would bet he wouldn't have been taken as high as he was but after he showed up in Dallas, his stock went on the rise. We don't know how many teams Gruden shopped Cooper to with no takers for a 1st. The Cowboys were extremely high on the need side after seeing the results of that "we don't need no stinkin' #1WR" idiotic decision.

The reason I liked the trade was because they needed a #1WR and he was better than any they could have taken in this draft. But I wouldn't say he was the best player out of all those picked last night, only time will tell and one of those WR's may prove to be better in the long run but I am not a long run kinda guy, I kinda wanna win now.