Dallas's path to the playoffs much better than being presented

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
We are alive no doubt from a legalistic perspective. Seattle is very winnable if Zeke is ON and ready to punish the other team’s D.

Philly in Philly,,,,,,,even with Foles,,,,,,,?
Failadelphia will likely play their starters against us as Folds will need the work with them preparing for their one and done playoff game.

links18

Reaction score
Detroit is the problem.

They get a Cincinnati team that has quit, and a Packers team that isn't going to shelve Rodgers for the rest of the way.

Cakewalk for the Lions, and we're done.

And I don't see the Falcons or Panthers losing two. And us winning out still seems like a long shot to me. Our QB is incredibly limited and our coaches make the oddest play calls at times.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I'm not saying you're wrong but I have never heard such a scenario before you that says Detroit doesn't have to lose if Tampa wins one game. Can you give some more information about this? Would it change the tiebreaker in our favor or what?
Sorry I meant if Tampa wins 2 games because that means that two NFC south teams could lose two games (depending on how they play each other) putting us in.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Detroit is the problem.

They get a Cincinnati team that has quit, and a Packers team that isn't going to shelve Rodgers for the rest of the way.

Why would the Packers shelve Rodgers before they are eliminated? Go Bucs this week and Panthers next week to make sure that the Packers aren't eliminated!

Sydla

Reaction score
I've heard conflicting reports. Does Detroit have the tiebreaker on us?

If we both win out, both would have 4 conference losses. So what's the next tiebreaker?

visionary

Reaction score
Detroit's cake schedule is not a myth... just the Bengals who have quit this season and then the Packers who are about to quit this season. There is no good reason for Aaron Rodgers to be playing week 17. With the Cowboys and Lions both finishing at 10-6, Detroit's tiebreaker over us is better win percentage of common opponents. Never mind how big of a win it would be to beat Philly in Philly... The Dallas path to the playoffs is not just as hard as being reported, it's next to impossible... but welcome to the NFL where the impossible is possible.

Packers won't quit
I think Rodgers will play
At least I hope those things are true

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Detroit has to lose. and frankly that is looking less and less likely. Rodgers is clearly not close to 100% or even 90% and that showed. The bungles are mailing it in.

The Packers may shut Rodgers down for the last 2 games as well. I read he was only 80% healed but played yesterday anyway.

No reason to run him back out there, now that they are eliminated from the playoffs.

endersdragon

Reaction score
The Packers may shut Rodgers down for the last 2 games as well. I read he was only 80% healed but played yesterday anyway.

No reason to run him back out there, now that they are eliminated from the playoffs.
They aren't eliminated from the playoffs until the Falcons win... so go Bucs.

Reaction score
Detroit is the problem.

we shouldn't assume Rodgers will be shelved.....he was very rusty yesterday and I'd think they'd want as many opportunities as possible to get him prepared for the playoffs

erod

Reaction score
we shouldn't assume Rodgers will be shelved.....he was very rusty yesterday and I'd think they'd want as many opportunities as possible to get him prepared for the playoffs

Why would they risk playing him now? The Packers' season is over.

erod

Reaction score
I've heard conflicting reports. Does Detroit have the tiebreaker on us?

If we both win out, both would have 4 conference losses. So what's the next tiebreaker?

Common opponents.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Really, the schedule has been good to us:

• Week 13: Commanders are JAG
  • Week 14: Giants absolutely stink
  • Week 15: Oakland has been bad much of the year
  • Week 16: Seattle is a shell of themselves....just got mauled by 35 points
  • Week 17: Philly lost their QB and may be playing for nothing week 17

There's a real chance that Dallas does end up 10-6.

Will that be enough? Who knows.

Last edited:

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Detroit's cake schedule is not a myth... just the Bengals who have quit this season and then the Packers who are about to quit this season. There is no good reason for Aaron Rodgers to be playing week 17. With the Cowboys and Lions both finishing at 10-6, Detroit's tiebreaker over us is better win percentage of common opponents. Never mind how big of a win it would be to beat Philly in Philly... The Dallas path to the playoffs is not just as hard as being reported, it's next to impossible... but welcome to the NFL where the impossible is possible.

Simply impossible?

As it stands today, if we win our final 2 games, we statistically have a 38% chance of qualifying. Obviously that's a big if, but I don't see that as astronomically unlikely.

Sydla

Reaction score
Common opponents.

So we were 2-0 against Giants, 0-1 against Atlanta, 0-1 against GB.

They would be 2-0 against Pack, 1-0 against Giants and 0-1 against Atlanta.

That GB game is killing us all kinds of ways.

We screwed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Simply impossible?

As it stands today, if we win our final 2 games, we statistically have a 38% chance of qualifying. Obviously that's a big if, but I don't see that as astronomically unlikely.

38% ain't great.

And in the end, the worst possible outcome. Go 10-6, don't make playoffs, screw draft position and give Jerry every possible reason to think his coaching staff is awesome and we don't need any changes.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
38% ain't great.

I agree. But I typically reserve the use of "simply impossible" for well under 1% or something in that neighborhood. Slightly less than a coin flip isn't that wild to fathom.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bummer to me besides Dallas own losses is that Atlanta should have lost to chicago, Detroit and the jets.

Jordan howard dropped a ball at the 1 where he would have scored to win and then atlanta held on 3rd and 4th down. Detroit got the winning touchdown overturned and atlanta won.

Game of inches I guess.

That DET fiasco v. ATL might end up costing the Lions not just that game, but the post season. Argh, that would be frustrating.

erod

Reaction score
Simply impossible?

What are their chances if Rodgers doesn't play?

Common sense says 1%.