Dalton for 10M or Dak for 40M?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am not angry. Just matter of fact. You made the silly statement that Andy played against backup QB's....as an excuse. But fail to note Andy himself was a backup. "couldn't keep up with starters"? As the backup...that you gave excuse to the OTHER team.

Your agenda is clear, and you don't like it pointed out. It doesn't make me angry. You messed up when you said "played against backups". While BEING a backup.

Over and out.
what excuse? you are off on the left field by yourself, arguing against yourself...

so what that Andy is a backup. he sucks. this is for those who wanted to pay Andy 10M instead of resigning Dak....and I simply, matter of factly pointed out, that Andy struggled when the other team was full strength, regardless of their record. he only succeeded against weakened teams, and needed a lot of help...so what excuses are you talking about? what are you even arguing? or are you just arguing because you want to argue...I think there is a forum for that.

and what is my agenda since you seem to know my agenda so clearly?

talking about somebody being drunk.... read your own posts dude....you have alcohol rage

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How is this stating facts? "oooohhh, such a cleverl little boy.... did your mommy give you a star for this one....I bet she did"

Keep going with the childish comments and continue developing that stellar reputation you try and herald yourself with.
you have to treat a child, like a child that he/she is......that's the language he understands...so now, you want to get in the middle of another argument....so are you just stalking me at this point because I touched your nerve somewhere along the way....I expected you to be a little stronger than that...given you are an army man!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah you pretty much said it’s all Dak’s fault when you said his TD’s don’t lead to wins.

Where did I say his TD's do not lead to wins? I said average TD passing distance is a meaningless stat and that I do not care what distance Dak throws TD's if they lead to wins but that the TD's have not been leading to wins. Did I say it was all Dak's fault? No. So please stop trying to spin comments into things people do not say. As I have said before, I am sure you have much to offer to the group so focus on that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
you have to treat a child, like a child that he/she is......that's the language he understands...so now, you want to get in the middle of another argument....so are you just stalking me at this point because I touched your nerve somewhere along the way....I expected you to be a little stronger than that...given you are an army man!

Just pointing out the hypocrisy is all as you interject yourself into conversations all the time but you keep doing you.

Verdict

Reaction score
Where did I say his TD's do not lead to wins? I said average TD passing distance is a meaningless stat and that I do not care what distance Dak throws TD's if they lead to wins but that the TD's have not been leading to wins. Did I say it was all Dak's fault? No. So please stop trying to spin comments into things people do not say. As I have said before, I am sure you have much to offer to the group so focus on that.
Nice post.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Is this thing still going? ... wow, take the Dak red pill for $40m and move on, nothing we can do about it now. i wasn't happy with Dalton signing but i expected more from him. The depleted OL didn't help him any either. So history made and time to bury the hatchet. See what can be done to make the Cowboys winners.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Is this thing still going? ... wow, take the Dak red pill for $40m and move on, nothing we can do about it now. i wasn't happy with Dalton signing but i expected more from him. The depleted OL didn't help him any either. So history made and time to bury the hatchet. See what can be done to make the Cowboys winners.

bewp7

Reaction score
dak ez lol.

i think if u want to go the cheap, vet, bus driver route u need to invest a lot into defense first. i dont think u can do it on the fly like the cowboys would have to. u have to do it like washington or san fran when they draft DL in the top 10 for multipel year.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I am not angry. Just matter of fact. You made the silly statement that Andy played against backup QB's....as an excuse. But fail to note Andy himself was a backup. "couldn't keep up with starters"? As the backup...that you gave excuse to the OTHER team.

Your agenda is clear, and you don't like it pointed out. It doesn't make me angry. You messed up when you said "played against backups". While BEING a backup.

Over and out.
You KNOW damn good and well Dalton isn't a backup.

He was a starter in the NFL for several years. He was released and took a gig where he could earn a paycheck and showcase his talent.....off to a STARTING position. Albeit Chicago, but the reporterd 10 mill isn't chump change.

He ain't stupid off the field.

Them

Reaction score
In the category name "Best chance to win now and in the future." ...I'll take "Dak for $40Mil" please!:star:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak for $40M and I’m not really a fan of paying Dak that much. I thought Dalton would have played better than he did last year. I was wrong about his level of play. It has dropped off significantly.
Dalton was as bad as he was because the oline was terrible. Dalton cannot handle pressure. And he isn’t a guy to lead you on big comebacks. Just not that kind of player.

now if you have a solid defense and good oline, he can drive the bus and win you games. It was an easy call that he would look bad based on the injury situation in the line and the D.

Dak actually did really well even though the line was bad. We had not seen this in years two and 3 from him when the line had injuries. He had very much improved in that area and also Moore’s offense helped open things up for him. At least that is what I see.

Dak also played well without zeke dominating or being a big factor. Also a new development from his early years. Again I think Moore’s offense also helped that.

So I am seeing a situation where we no longer need a top oline or zeke to have a top notch offense with dak. Which is the way it should be if you have a great qb. This is where the cowboys save money and make up for daks contract.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You KNOW damn good and well Dalton isn't a backup.

He was a starter in the NFL for several years. He was released and took a gig where he could earn a paycheck and showcase his talent.....off to a STARTING position. Albeit Chicago, but the reporterd 10 mill isn't chump change.

He ain't stupid off the field.
Well...the fact of the matter is....he was OUR backup. You two can spin anyway you want.