Dalton for 10M or Dak for 40M?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You bet you aren't sure why.

Because you have an oblivious agenda.

I disagree with your one-sided partisan agenda...so OF COURSE you "aren't sure why". You think your opinion is the one true fact. It isn't. As soon as you face that fact...you will be better. And will see why.
I didn't state my opinion...I stated facts...Andy struggled against other teams and couldn't keep up when they had starting QBs...like Murray, Jackson, Jones...and was able to beat teams playing their back up QBs, with the help of defense....tell me if any of that is opinion or results that occured during the season for you to go google and see...

why are you so angry and defensive....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't state my opinion...I stated facts...Andy struggled against other teams and couldn't keep up when they had starting QBs...like Murray, Jackson, Jones...and was able to beat teams playing their back up QBs, with the help of defense....tell me if any of that is opinion or results that occured during the season for you to go google and see...

I am not angry. Just matter of fact. You made the silly statement that Andy played against backup QB's....as an excuse. But fail to note Andy himself was a backup. "couldn't keep up with starters"? As the backup...that you gave excuse to the OTHER team.

Your agenda is clear, and you don't like it pointed out. It doesn't make me angry. You messed up when you said "played against backups". While BEING a backup.

Over and out.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
don't forget...internet remembers everything. like I said, your reputation precedes you. there are plenty of your old posts and gibberish still out there.....you got put back in your place a while back, now you are just trying to be clever...given your past histroy of anger tantrums you can't escape this easily

Escape? LOL....okay, you keep being the member you are on CZ.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

How is this stating facts? "oooohhh, such a cleverl little boy.... did your mommy give you a star for this one....I bet she did"

Keep going with the childish comments and continue developing that stellar reputation you try and herald yourself with.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I just shake my head when I see threads like this. You’re NOT winning anything with Andy Dalton as your starting QB. As a backup? Fine. Starter? Absolutely not.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Review the title of the thread and that is what people were responding to but you correct as you feel the need.
Title is incorrect. Dalton’s cap hit is $10 mill but Dak’s is around $22 mill. The whole thread is a farce. People debating a false hood and don’t even know it or care. Agenda driven.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

and that means.....oh yeah, not much at all. I am more interested in seeing the Bad Throw % increase from 14.8% in 2019 to 15.1% in 2020 all while the Drop % dropped from 6.2% in 2019 to 6.0% in 2020.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Title is incorrect. Dalton’s cap hit is $10 mill but Dak’s is around $22 mill. The whole thread is a farce. People debating a false hood and don’t even know it or care. Agenda driven.

Ummmm...I didn;t write the title and you are responding in the thread so does that mean you are aiding in the agenda driven farce?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
and that means.....oh yeah, not much at all. I am more interested in seeing the Bad Throw % increase from 14.8% in 2019 to 15.1% in 2020 all while the Drop % dropped from 6.2% in 2019 to 6.0% in 2020.
Means TD’s

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Means TD’s

No, it just means how far a TD was thrown and not an elevated amount of TD's.

Here are Dak's TD distances based on yards thrown in his career:

Distances
10-19 yards 29
30 or more yards 27
20-29 yards 20
4-9 yards 19
3 or fewer yards 11

So he actually threw the most TD's from between 10-19 yards so what does that twitter list actually mean other than selecting a specific category so as to place Dak at the top of the list in an attempt to herald him for something. Personally I could care less the distance of TD passes thrown so long as those TD passes equate to more wins, which it hasn't recently.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, it just means how far a TD was thrown and not an elevated amount of TD's.

Here are Dak's TD distances based on yards thrown in his career:

Distances
10-19 yards 29
30 or more yards 27
20-29 yards 20
4-9 yards 19
3 or fewer yards 11

So he actually threw the most TD's from between 10-19 yards so what does that twitter list actually mean other than selecting a specific category so as to place Dak at the top of the list in an attempt to herald him for something. Personally I could care less the distance of TD passes thrown so long as those TD passes equate to more wins, which it hasn't recently.
It would with a decent defense. They haven’t had one in awhile. Dak doesn’t play defense.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It would with a decent defense. They haven’t had one in awhile. Dak doesn’t play defense.

I do not think anyone said Dak plays defense and projecting additional wins based on average passing TD distance and 'if' Dallas had an improved defense is nothing more than a hypothetical attempt at projecting bias on Dak and nothing more.....as the old saying goes: "If my aunt had a 'package' she would be my uncle."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I do not think anyone said Dak plays defense and projecting additional wins based on average passing TD distance and 'if' Dallas had an improved defense is nothing more than a hypothetical attempt at projecting bias on Dak and nothing more.....as the old saying goes: "If my aunt had a 'package' she would be my uncle."
Yeah you pretty much said it’s all Dak’s fault when you said his TD’s don’t lead to wins.

Reaction score
Is this a trick question? Did you watch Dalton when he tried to run for first downs? Even when he had great protection, his rating wasn't very high. What would you rather have if you could afford either one, a new Mercedes, or a Ford 150 with 200,000 miles?

Section446

Reaction score
The only fanbase in America that would be okay with paying an average QB like Dak $40 million a year resides right here.