Dalton is an upgrade over Dak eh?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I got the stat from this website.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game?date=2020-02-03

Has us 9th...

But hey.. We weren't top 10 according to the stats you found.. It was 11th lol. Thank you for clearing that up bud. It really was difference making.

You just pulled out the old "my take was based on inaccurate information but it's still correct" defense twice in the last 5 minutes. Does it hurt to keep having to go through all the contortions to make all this wrong information seem right? You don't really have to go to some no-name site for this information. The NFL actually posts it itself at nfl.com.. You can go thre and see for yourself that the Cowboys defense was 11th in points allowed last year.. While the offense was 6th in points scored. The achilles heel of that team actually turns out to have been special teams as both offense and defense were respectable.. STs were 31st in the league as I recall. And they're actually worse this year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well from a fan standpoint you definitely win that one.

People who claim they would rather be blown out than be competitive can't be given any credence whatsoever. Who the hell wants to be embarrassed every game. On the flip side I guess those people are getting their wish.. This team is likely to get blown out every game the rest of the way.. So at least that segment of the fan base will be happy!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You just pulled out the old "my take was based on inaccurate information but it's still correct" defense twice in the last 5 minutes. Does it hurt to keep having to go through all the contortions to make all this wrong information seem right? You don't really have to go to some no-name site for this information. The NFL actually posts it itself at nfl.com.. You can go thre and see for yourself that the Cowboys defense was 11th in points allowed last year.. While the offense was 6th in points scored. The achilles heel of that team actually turns out to have been special teams as both offense and defense were respectable.. STs were 31st in the league as I recall. And they're actually worse this year.

Listen guy.. You're making a big deal about my position ranking being off by 2 and honestly i'm still not sure if i'm right or wrong because the website I pulled it from said 9.. I didn't know that I needed to do a deep dive into and confirm with several sources that we were indeed 9 and not 11.

I will go ahead and concede to you that you were right because I do not care enough to look it up.

We were not top 10 in Points Allowed last year. We were 11th according to the more accurate stats that you found. Thank you for this.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Not saying he didn't throw for a lot of yards but

Seattle has the 32nd ranked pass D
Cleveland has the 30th

Everybody is unloading on those pass defenses this year, and with far less weapons....albeit, probably better lines.
I mean, Cam freaking Newton threw for 400 on Seattle.
Once he started facing real pass defenses those numbers dropped by about 200.

Cam Newton is a league MVP that took his talent-deprived offense to the SB.

And yes I can talk about Newton's 2015 season because everyone brought up Dalton's 2015 season when he "almost won the MVP!"

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
LOL....you are a bit demented

its simple son.

do you want to be down by 3 points with 3-4 minutes to go?
or do you want to be down by 20+ pts with 3-4 minutes to go?

your answer will tell us everything we need to know.

He is probably going to ignore you. I am waiting on him to tell me if the 2016 Cowboys had an elite roster or not. Of course, he has stop responding.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As a Cowboy fan who wants to win championships I really don't get down with these silver lining victories.

I'd rather not win a game then be 8-8.

Losing by 3 or 24 doesn't mean a whole lot to me if i'm honest.

I'm more relieved now losing like this than winning 6 of our last 17 with Dak and only beating bad teams.

I'd much rather be terrible..
you are avoiding to answer the question and trying to spin your way out of a simple question....

I didn't ask about wins or losses, that was your response....it was a very simple question....

but I can understand your avoidance....you are cornered and trying to spin your way out of it...

I ask again...its simple

do you want to be down by 3 with 3-4 minutes to go? or do you want to be down by 20+ with 3-4 minutes to go?

exciter

Reaction score
His average time to throw was 2.59 seconds yesterday. Same as Tom Brady, Jimmy G. and Baker Mayfield had. Not trying to say our offensive line is good, but if other QBs can get the ball out that quick and be successful, we should be able to as well with out weapons.
Sarcasm! That said, Brady and to a lesser extent JG and Mayfield are actual NFL QBs. Dalton at this point and Weeden (never was) are not!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd rather watch a well coached, less talented team lose football games, teams that don't put the ball on the turf, teams that make the 40 yard FGs but have no hope of making the 48s, teams that know they can't break the 30 yarder up the sideline so they trap block like no other and get it 4 or 5 yards at a time. Teams that won't jump on 2nd and 8 and give the opposition a 3rd and 5. Teams that will fight you, fill every gap and give up a first because they don't have the talent but all the desire in the world. I would rather see a team lose who is well coached but no talent rather then a horribly coached, no desire, all world talented team.

I guess you can sue me..........

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
you are avoiding to answer the question and trying to spin your way out of a simple question....

I didn't ask about wins or losses, that was your response....it was a very simple question....

but I can understand your avoidance....you are cornered and trying to spin your way out of it...

I ask again...its simple

do you want to be down by 3 with 3-4 minutes to go? or do you want to be down by 20+ with 3-4 minutes to go?

I would like to be down 3 with 3-4 minutes to go..

Is this some gotchya moment where you get me to say that Dak is a good solid QB and he is better than Dalton? Because I've already said that a million times.

The reason you guys are rejoicing so hard for Dak is because I said Dalton could get Dak like results and now that the team has completely fallen apart you guys are breathing a complete sigh of relief and style pointing losses lol.

Dak's losses were better. IS that what you want..? I'd rather lose like Dak loses than lose how Dalton loses unless you factor in money then I would rather lose for cheaper than for Patrick Mahomes money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I would like to be down 3 with 3-4 minutes to go..

Is this some gotchya moment where you get me to say that Dak is a good solid QB and he is better than Dalton? Because I've already said that a million times.

The reason you guys are rejoicing so hard for Dak is because I said Dalton could get Dak like results and now that the team has completely fallen apart you guys are breathing a complete sigh of relief and style pointing losses lol.

Dak's losses were better. IS that what you want..? I'd rather lose like Dak loses than lose how Dalton loses unless you factor in money then I would rather lose for cheaper than for Patrick Mahomes money.
no, that's not the moment that I say Dak is solid. I don't need to use that as the reason, as Dak's performance/play for those who really understand football is enough to prove that....I don't need a Dalton screw up to prove that. you needed that. not me....that was for your benefit......

the point is you want to have a chance at the end of the game. most NFL games are that way. coaching decision during those times often make huge difference in wins and losses. team stepping up in those moments make the difference in wins and losses. not giving up 50-70 yard runs to the opposing team make the difference......

and btw, I never had a sigh of relief...didn't need to...you rejoiced seeing Dak go down..... when Dak went down, I knew the offense was shot. I knew we didnt' have a chance and I posted as such, that perhaps, time to go for a rebuild and get rid of McCarthy as well...... I never thought Dalton was any good or would give us any chance. not with this defense at least. we would need a top 5, dominant defense to have a chance to be within a few points at the end of the game and perhaps defense getting turnovers and scoring....otherwise we had ZERO chance with Dalton.

so its you, and couple of other folks like you who continuously pumped Dalton and now, are angry that Dalton didn't perform or meet your expectations. trying to find every excuse like the "3rd string tackle", although that tackle was slated to be the 2nd string before injury....nice spin, nice try, but a fail..... the problem is you had the wrong expectations, allowing your anger and emotions cloud your judgement and not seeing Dalton for what he was...you played fantasy football. 98% of the folks on this board, knew Dalton wasn't any good....so you can't say I didn't know....it was in front of you, you just didn't want to see

and in the end, no loss is good. yet, 98% on this board understood, that without a decent defense, even an all star offense, full of all pros wouldn't be able to save the season.....

and your last statement is where we are different.......

you rather save money. I rather win. the money to Dak is not the issue aand never been an issue except to you and couple of others...we had enough money to make a lot of other big signings ala Collins, Smith, Smith, Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke and lots of other players ala poe, mccoy, griffin, crawford....

yet none of those investments paid off except for cooper. none except cooper...... 6 high priced players to be corner stones, turned into bowls of craap not producing anything for the team...producing NOTHING........that's where the mistakes happened and if you really put your emotions aside and really understood football, then it would be utterly clear to you...and those other players, mid level salaries, are supposed to solidify the team...and none of them produced anything....I mean nothing...

but go on, get angry at Dak...keep hating him......if that what makes you feel better...if that's what gives you something to post

btw, there is nothing wrong with saying "I was wrong". I have said it before myself. it takes a real man to admit he was wrong..its easy to let your ego get in the way....being wrong doesn't diminish you. it actually helps you get better

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cam Newton is a league MVP that took his talent-deprived offense to the SB.

And yes I can talk about Newton's 2015 season because everyone brought up Dalton's 2015 season when he "almost won the MVP!"
You are not getting what I'm saying.

I'm saying Cam Newton 2020 with the team he currently has around him
Was just pointing out how absurdly bad the 32nd ranked Seattle pass defense is

Here are Cam's games this year....see if there is an outlier ...lol

• 155 yards vs Miami
  • 397 yards vs Seattle
  • 162 yards vs Las Vegas
  • 157 yards vs Denver
  • 98 yards vs San Francisco

The point being that nobody should brag about putting up passing yards vs Seattle (or Atlanta, or Cleveland) in 2020.
Cam is averaging less passing yards than anyone, yet he put up 400.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In fairness to Dalton, no one could look good behind this line. But the posts about him being better than Dak were pure projection, and mostly from people who hated Dak for reasons that have nothing to do with his play.
Dak sure did look good behind this line. Martin out is the only difference.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Speaking of height. K. Murray put on a show yesterday.

Yeah, he's exactly the kind of QB that will kill our D. We aren't very disciplined. We don't fill lanes, we don't play gap containment and we have a bad habit of neglecting our assignment and biting on things we shouldn't. It leaves us out of position all over the field, all the time but even after all of that, we are a horrible tackling team so yeah, there's that we got going for us.

QBs like Murray, they watch us on film and can't sleep the night before the game. Not because they are afraid but because they can't wait.......

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yeah, he's exactly the kind of QB that will kill our D. We aren't vert disciplined. We don't fill lanes, we don't play gap containment and we have a bad habit of neglecting our assignment and biting on things we shouldn't. It leaves us out of position all over the field, all the time but even after all of that, we are a horrible tackling team so yeah, there's that we got going for us.

QBs like Murray, they watch us on film and can't sleep the night before the game. Not because they are afraid but because they can't wait.......
Blitz. Blitz. And more blitz. You have to make him make split decisions. And hope it’s you’re night on defense. Sitting back won’t cut it. At all.