Twitter: Dalton on Schefter's podcast

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
There's no other way around it...

Sometimes, you need to keep your greed in check, so everyone doesn't hate your imperfection later..

It's interesting to think about letting Dak walk and spreading that money around, while we use Dalton. That'd be the best way to buildup a badass defense to match this offense.

At this point who would you rather have? Dak or Jamal Adams. I’m leaning towards Adams.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No. Jamal Adams could be the QB of the defense. And we already have a QB of the offense signed. Dalton can give us Dak numbers.
Good grief. There is absolutely nothing to suggest any truth to this. Not one thing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just get ready people ........honestly we already have a QB controversy but Dalton hasn't played one snap as a Cowboy. Remember starting a thread a few months ago how the level of criticism of Dak would double after he signs his new deal. Well, Dalton's presence will as icing to that, and raised the stake two more levels IMO. But guess what, it's not going away until Dalton or Dak is no longer part of this team. They are going to micro Dak like we've never seen.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dalton had very similar numbers to Dak when Cincy had a decent team. And Dak has been working with twice the talent Dalton ever had.
No he didn't. Adjusting for the fact that the Cowboys dropped the most passes in the league last year, Dak threw for 5,000 yards and 30 touchdowns. Dalton has never sniffed either of those, except for 2013, when he also threw 20 picks.

Scotman

Reaction score
All I know is if Dak does get signed, he better play at a Pat Mahomes level.

He has ruined all his cachet with this fanbase because of his greed
You and I differ on what we think Dak is capable of, but I couldn't agree with you more here. I think this puts his faults under a microscope.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andy is a class act. Many here in Cincinnati are sad to see him go, even with Burrow being drafted. He was always a stand up individual and easy to root for.

Bengals is my 2nd team, grew up 85 North of there. Worked in Cincy for a while. Before heading back to Texas.
Bengals had a lot of injuries last season, so Dalton's performance was not all on him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is if Dak does get signed, he better play at a Pat Mahomes level.

He has ruined all his cachet with this fanbase because of his greed

Which is a shame, because if he’d just signed at $32M the fans would have given him a ton of margin for error.

Dak became target #1 for fans the moment Garrett left. He’ll be target #1 until McCarthy loses enough games to end the honeymoon. It’ll be just like it was with Romo, even though everybody forgets what that was like.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think Dak can hold out homie. He signs by July 15th, or he's shut down for the year.
I think your right. I mean if he only shows up for what he has to and the others are there practicing and learning. Then when it comes down to playing the games and he is clueless or hasn’t learned the new system.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm happy he's here, he is definitely an upgrade and a player we can lean on if need be to start. It's been a good offseason, we have increased the level of talent on this ball club, no question about it.

This has been the best off season I can remember. Hopefully we go get another DE, but in any event we are a much better team heading into next season. Hats off to the FO.

CWR

Reaction score
There's no other way around it...

Sometimes, you need to keep your greed in check, so everyone doesn't hate your imperfection later..

It's interesting to think about letting Dak walk and spreading that money around, while we use Dalton. That'd be the best way to buildup a badass defense to match this offense.

Imagine trading Dak and netting a first round pick. Then signing Cam for cheap and letting Cam and Dalton have an open competition for the job. Then next year using our capital to go up and get Lawrence or someone.

Cams contract wouldnt break the bank and even with two capable QBs we still save around 20 million a year which we can invest in a couple defensive studs.

Its a Madden-esque move, but it is interesting imo. Disclaimer- Dak is still our best chance at winning and I actually do like him as our QB. I think my motivation for trading him aside from cap space, is how good can he be. Ive seen improvement and dont think he's reached his potential, but also dont believe his ceiling is as high as elite. I dont ever think Dak becomes as dominant as a Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Payton Manning type of QB. Thats a crazy high bar, but we are talking about the difference between having a QB who can carry a franchise vs a QB who is damn good in the right system with talent around him.

I dont want to sell Dak short, but if Im unbiased Ive seen good and bad from him. We need more consistency. Can our new coaching staff and system bring that out?

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Jerry must've been enjoying some pretty hearty laughs RE this whole thing.

I can just see him laughing himself into a stupor, all the while clinging to his JWBL cocktale - for dear life...

Jerry_Jones.jpg