Dalton Schultz will be great trade bait

jnday

Reaction score
Pitts would be the mistake. Just like taking zeke with the 4th pick.
It was no mistake to take Zeke with the 4th pick. The mistake came when they overpaid him on his second contract. Zeke was the offense for 2-3 years and he carried the team, including Dak. Many fans wanted Ramsey, but it would have been likely that he would have worn out his welcome in Dallas just like he did with the Jags.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was no mistake to take Zeke with the 4th pick. The mistake came when they overpaid him on his second contract. Zeke was the offense for 2-3 years and he carried the team, including Dak. Many fans wanted Ramsey, but it would have been likely that he would have worn out his welcome in Dallas just like he did with the Jags.

Zeke didnt carry the team. Didnt even win rookie of the year. Dak did. In fact he single handily ruined the 2017 season by getting suspended for 6 games. We wound up missing the playoffs by 1 game.

Who was it that carried the team in the 2nd half of the 2018 season? The "WR by committee" year? When Jerry traded for Cooper it was Dak and the passing game that caught fire and lead them to the playoffs going 7-1 down the stretch.

You just dont take RB's top 5. They dont last long, as we are seeing now. Ramsey was the pick and its not even close.

RB's are dependent on their Oline for their success and we have seen how Zeke has gone downhill as the line as gone downhill.

On the contrary, Dak as gotten better as the team and Oline around him have gotten worse. Pass catchers not withstanding.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We will get a comp for him after he leaves this season regardless.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.
Why would we trade away a quality player like Schultz.? We needs depth and players who have taken snaps on offense. Jarwin is the TE on the bubble if you ask me. I liked Schultz from Day One. He is fine.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He was 6th in TE receptions....yet everyone has him behind Blake Jarwin or want the Cowboys to draft Pitts.

And saying just because he's 6th in receptions is like saying Jaylon Smith is 2nd in tackles.......it means absolutely nothing. Scultz is a backup here. Let's don't kid ourselves.
What he is here has no bearing on his trade value.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.

No one. Absolutely no one will give a 3 for DS. The guy was a pure bust prior to last season. I like DS but please a 3???

aikemirv

Reaction score
It most definitely does. What type of market do you think a tight end has? Why would anyone trade for Schultz when they can just draft one in the 4th round?
He is a proven young player. If I was looking for a proven young player that I KNEW could do the job I wanted done at that position then why take a chance with that 4th round pick- It would be different if he was 30

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is a proven young player. If I was looking for a proven young player that I KNEW could do the job I wanted done at that position then why take a chance with that 4th round pick- It would be different if he was 30
Because he would be cheap for 4 years...Schultz has exactly how many years of playing well?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
So witty-like you do know. Give yourself a pat on the back since you know so much!
*pats self on back* Everyone in this thread seems to disagree with you. Here's an idea try that trade in Madden because even in a video game you won't get a 3rd rounder for Schultz...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Put him on a team with average wide receivers and see how proven he is then. He's the 5th option in Dallas, and they played from behind a lot.

He's also a free agent after this 2021 season, so not only are you trading for him you'll also have to pay him to keep him. Not gonna happen.