Dalton Schultz will be great trade bait

conner01

Reaction score
He was part of the LVE draft class so his contract must be up after this season.

Who is giving up a 3rd to get this guy for a year before he has to be paid?

He is worth maybe a 6th, and means more to the team than that....so keep him, Pitts or not.
I don’t know about a 6th but I don’t think he brings a 3rd either
Honestly I think he’s worth more to us than a 4-6 picks
He’s insurance if jarwin doesn’t continue to develop because we could extend Schultz and move on from jarwin
My guess is he’d bring a 4-5 pick but more picks is not really what we need
More talent is and Schultz really has came along
If jarwin continues to develop and Schultz does too we could move on from jarwin or let Schultz walk and get a comp pick

conner01

Reaction score
No. I mean, I get it, Schultz is not terrible and he's not All World. But, Schlitz Malt Liquor is terrible and even with that said, I do not underestimate this Countries desire to drink beer. Even bad beer.

:laugh:
Worlds worst beer for a starting quality TE seems a little low

conner01

Reaction score
Backup tight ends don't have much trade value.
I think Schultz is a starter quality TE but he’s not, Atleast right now gonna bring a 3rd round pick either
There are lots of solid TE’s in the league and at this point that’s how I see Schultz
I think he’s worth more to us than the pick would be worth

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t know about a 6th but I don’t think he brings a 3rd either
Honestly I think he’s worth more to us than a 4-6 picks
He’s insurance if jarwin doesn’t continue to develop because we could extend Schultz and move on from jarwin
My guess is he’d bring a 4-5 pick but more picks is not really what we need
More talent is and Schultz really has came along
If jarwin continues to develop and Schultz does too we could move on from jarwin or let Schultz walk and get a comp pick
Exactly on worth to the team.

A team could use the pick they would send to us on a TE who can easily do what Schultz does, they have him cheap for four years vs one, and there's still the chance that he somehow becomes the next Kittle or Kelce.....we already know Schultz isn't that.

Not easy to arrive at this player not being worth much draft capital.

conner01

Reaction score
"Don't let the power of beer fool ya!", I always say......
I don’t know if you’ve ever drank lone star beer but growing up in Texas it was kinda required lol
It’s pretty bad beer but Nothing compares to Schlitz is really, really bad beer lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don’t know if you’ve ever drank lone star beer but growing up in Texas it was kinda required lol
It’s pretty bad beer but Nothing compares to Schlitz is really, really bad beer lol

Oh yeah. I am very aware of lonestar but I think i Schlitz is still a little bit worse. JMO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Schultz is a starter quality TE but he’s not, Atleast right now gonna bring a 3rd round pick either
There are lots of solid TE’s in the league and at this point that’s how I see Schultz
I think he’s worth more to us than the pick would be worth
Starter quality? Maybe. It depends on what level of starter do you want. The league is filled with Dalton Schultz type tight ends. At least with Jarwin you can see his ceiling because of his ability to go up and catch it. And I like Dalton but I think every team has a guy like him on their team. So to trade for him makes no sense unless maybe a guy like that gets hurt for another team? And even then its more like a 5th or 6th...5th is being generous.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.
The Eagles still have Goedert and Ertz. I suspect they will be banking on better health this year rather than trading for someone like Schultz

aikemirv

Reaction score
Schultz has little to no trade value. You could maybe get a conditional 7th that could turn into a 6.

Schultz was 6th ranked in receptions while being 10th ranked in targets among TE's

I would say he has value - I really don't know how much but he has pretty much 50 % more receptions than the top TEs on about 12 teams.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If you don’t recall, we had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE red zone efficiency. THAT’S why we need Pitts.
Pitts does make it look school yard easy on his highlight reel,, I am down, and agree...
Just saying dig a little deeper,, take a look at the all 22 and watch Horn and Surtain play against Pitts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How can you call him a backup when he was 6th in TE receptions.

That's, how can I say nicely, not logical!

He was 6th in TE receptions....yet everyone has him behind Blake Jarwin or want the Cowboys to draft Pitts.

And saying just because he's 6th in receptions is like saying Jaylon Smith is 2nd in tackles.......it means absolutely nothing. Scultz is a backup here. Let's don't kid ourselves.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was 6th in TE receptions....yet everyone has him behind Blake Jarwin or want the Cowboys to draft Pitts.

And saying just because he's 6th in receptions is like saying Jaylon Smith is 2nd in tackles.......it means absolutely nothing. Scultz is a backup here. Let's don't kid ourselves.
That's because people are overzealous of wanting a deep threat TE. Silly stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
Starter quality? Maybe. It depends on what level of starter do you want. The league is filled with Dalton Schultz type tight ends. At least with Jarwin you can see his ceiling because of his ability to go up and catch it. And I like Dalton but I think every team has a guy like him on their team. So to trade for him makes no sense unless maybe a guy like that gets hurt for another team? And even then its more like a 5th or 6th...5th is being generous.
Actually, it's the complete opposite. The league is full of TE's like Jarwin who can go long. It's rare to find a big guy like Schultz w/ those type of movement skills and quick feet.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.
We have a very good WR for trade. Let's move him and get anything we CAN. Before he is signed away for nothing.