Dalton Schultz will be great trade bait

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What do you use a crystal ball or one of those 8 balls?

Heard the same thing with the Zeke pick. It’s about roster building and draft capital. We rarely get in the top 10. Don’t waste it on a position like te. Or rb.

qb, de, cb, LT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.
Not going to happen. Pitts will never fall to the Cowboys. All that idiocy you talked about there will never play out. You'll just have to be content with the Cowboys picking Patrick Sertain II. I hope that dose of reality sinks in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe now but at the time zeke helped more

Coming out of the gates blazing meant little looking back. Ultimately why did we lose to the Packers that year? Wasn’t it jones that failed to cover their TE on that long 4th down?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, it's the complete opposite. The league is full of TE's like Jarwin who can go long. It's rare to find a big guy like Schultz w/ those type of movement skills and quick feet.
I don’t know about that. Jarwin looks closer to a Kelce than he does a Witten. On tape I didn’t see much different from Geoff Swaim or Schultz.

Loso86

Reaction score
Coming out of the gates blazing meant little looking back. Ultimately why did we lose to the Packers that year? Wasn’t it jones that failed to cover their TE on that long 4th down?
Yea who knows if we even get there if zeke didn't single handedly win us a few games. So should've could've would've on that one

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The way it looks right now is if Pitts is there at ten Jerry won't make the same mistake as he made in 98 so that leaves 3 really good TE's on the roster and the way Schultz played last I could see the Cowboys easily getting a 3rd of 4th round pick from a team that needs a TE (like the Eagles) oh and I don't give a d amn if the Eagles are in the same division. Having 3 really good TE's on the roster is nice but unnecessary so one of them has to go and it could be Schultz.
I bet Dalton S. liked seeing this thread !!:eek:
He thought he did good last year, lol and now he is trade bait to some.:(

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
i'm wondering if we could trade for Heath. If they draft a safety and some have them doing that then Heath could strengthen our rotation in case of injury.
*He prolly wouldn't wanna even consider it,,, IDK?
( how would you respond to that phone call
"if " you strangely found yourself wearing his cleats when the phone rang?)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
.....because Blake Jarwin has proven durability......

Trade Gallup...trade Schultz....why are we so determined to undermine the team's strongest squad, the receivers?
* It's long been beyond a "genuine puzzlement' to me, Hell it's squatted so long in the ' absolute conundrum' of the moronic Mt. Range that the question owns the mineral rights*o_O

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
*He prolly wouldn't wanna even consider it,,, IDK?
( how would you respond to that phone call
"if " you strangely found yourself wearing his cleats when the phone rang?)

He didn't leave on bad terms. The front office liked him, they just let him walk in free agency. And if the raiders do draft a safety he might be ok coming back here for his last year under his current contract.

Adreme

Reaction score

Fans are really good at drastically overestimating the value of their own players. Schultz is getting you a 5th or 6th or maybe a low 4th/comp 4th. You have a average to below average TE who has the advantage of being on a rookie deal. Teams are not exactly chomping at the bit for that.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Schultz was 6th ranked in receptions while being 10th ranked in targets among TE's

I would say he has value - I really don't know how much but he has pretty much 50 % more receptions than the top TEs on about 12 teams.
I agree, you don't.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Solid player, don't trade