Dalvin Cook to be released. Cowboys interest anyone?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
we are already paying 10 mill for pollard. Id rather have Hopkins vs cook.
I'm OK with Gallup as the third receiver compared to Jones II as the No. 2 running back. Pollard and Cook as a tandem would keep the pressure on defenses in the running game and both are effective receivers out of the backfield.

rambo2

Reaction score
Go get him and stop being cheap.

I'm tired of 'liking our guys' right into a 2nd round playoff exit
Here we go. The take is they are cheap or if they sign him they spend too much.

CCBoy

Reaction score
no he wouldn't :lmao: so now overpaying the RB position is the key to a SB:facepalm:..

the MN offense is damn good and he didn't help them beat the dang giants get over it its not something you do , pay TP 10mil and dead cap 6mil and then what do you offer?

last time a great rb carried his team to a sb? was it henry? nope? first 3 years with zeke nope, Chubb in CLE? nope Dalvin in MN umm heck no MN got slammed to the ground against a better Ds last year, who else cmac, no, kamara, no, hows jones help rogers get to sb, nope, anyone else , AP ever get to a SB? .. TP and our current group with better OL is plenty find. Rather spend on vet LG then a RB or WR.I mean SF loses its qbs try using wildcat with cmac and deebo and guess what Slammed down.

better recent history who were the rbs in last years sb? the winning team used a RBBC and won.. sanders released for couple has been oft injured Rbs thats todays reality, if you you had let TP alk sure welcome cooks, that didn't happen.
:facepalm: Right here and now, just who will be running between the tackles to keep defenses honest and also Pollard under 20 carries consistently.

One might attempt to instead of trying to figure out what is in Stephen's pockets...look into Jerry's pockets. No, the topic is no where stupid or without enormous potential...on the carpet where it is played.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Jerry "It would be embarrassing, it would be shocking if you knew the size of the check I would write if it guaranteed me a Super Bowl"

Also Jerry "There is a good free agent I could sign to bolster a position on my team? Meh, no thanks!"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Strange they would release a back who put up just under 1200 yards last season with 8 TDs. He averaged 4.4 per carry, and he caught 39 passes. From what’s been reported it has to do with money. The Cowboys won’t be interested if he’s looking for a big payday. They’re already paying Pollard just over 10 million for this season and they may be trying to work out a long-term deal with him. However, I think they’ll let him play under the franchise tag this season to make sure he’s still the same player after the injury.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Get it done would be the perfect compliment to pollard. I think he goes to Buffalo though.
With Pollard making more than $10 million on the franchise tag this season and the Cowboys, possibly wanting to re-sign him I just can’t see them paying Dalvin Cook big money. They just moved on from a high priced RB. Besides, if they were to sign Cook, Vaughn would likely never see the football as an RB this season and he could possibly have a tough time making the team, which would be a crushing blow to the fans that are going crazy over him.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Doesn't he want to play for the Dolphins or together with his brother with the Bills? I think I read that somewhere.