Twitter: Dalvin Cook update

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jets are a possibility. Would love to see them compete strongly this year in the East.
I think they already will

and if Breece Hall is fully recovered, then he and Michael Carter are plenty good enough with Rodgers back there.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Not surprised........probably wants something in the $8-10M range but you could argue if he was worth that much, a team would have made the trade.
Same thing happened to Eric Fisher last year. He got real cocky in the summer and was like "I'm only signing for legit tackle starter money" when he was old and in a decline.

Ended up not getting signed till December as a result (same will happen to Cook if he things he's getting legit money)

GINeric

Reaction score
Disagree.

Hitting a wall is exactly what they do.

There’s a list a mile long of guys who were top five fantasy picks one year and out of the league soon thereafter.

Larry Johnson, Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander off the top of my head. There’s another dozen plus like that.

I admire Tennessee for trying to be ahead of it.

Eddie George is another one, the guy Jackson the RB with the St. Louis Rams years ago....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Same thing happened to Eric Fisher last year. He got real cocky in the summer and was like "I'm only signing for legit tackle starter money" when he was old and in a decline.

Ended up not getting signed till December as a result (same will happen to Cook if he things he's getting legit money)
+1 ......at this point, you have to think he's lucky to get $5M

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. I said there is a difference over the last 3 years, not just one (although you're understating the difference last year)​
2. If looking at last year, Cook only had 33 more carries than Zeke, but gained 297 more yards and averaged 4.4 ypc to Zeke's 3.8​
3. Also looking at last year, Cook had 295 receiving yards to Zeke's 92.​
4. Over the last 3 years Cook has had 3,889 rushing yards with a 4.7 ypc average, and Zeke has had 2,857 yards with a 4.0 ypc average.​
5. Over the last 3 seasons, Cook ha been 2nd, 5th & 6th in rushing, and Zeke has been 11th, 7th and 22nd.​
6. Over the last 3 years Zeke's best season would be Cook's worst​

In short, I was saying Zeke started going downhill, several years ago, and while Cook was a little down from his previous season, his 2022 was still better than any season Zeke has had since 2019
and I said the injuries skewed the #s, that was easy.. he started out hot to begin both the last 2 seasons near 5YPC got hurt and just didn't finish string. not playing cooks #1 money to be TPs backup. Next

same with those still think Dhops an option.. roster limits, salary cap, who we have at #1 already, and age of the players say they were out. Been pretty logical since the off season started but didnt stop fans from starting several threads about what they should sign them..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and I said the injuries skewed the #s, that was easy.. he started out hot to begin both the last 2 seasons near 5YPC got hurt and just didn't finish string. not playing cooks #1 money to be TPs backup. Next

same with those still think Dhops an option.. roster limits, salary cap, who we have at #1 already, and age of the players say they were out. Been pretty logical since the off season started but didnt stop fans from starting several threads about what they should sign them..
For 3 years? Is that what you are saying - that Zele has been injured for 3 years? If so, that doesn't really help Zeke's case ...

By the way, over that 3 year span Zeke actually played 3 games MORE than Cook did.

Even if just talking about the last 2 years, where you mentioned Zeke starting strong but fading over the season, that doesn't help his case either. Holding up as the season winds on is pretty important,

Also, by the way, I never advocated paying Cooks #1 money, or even signing him at all, so your comment on that has no bearing on what I've written here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For 3 years? Is that what you are saying - that Zele has been injured for 3 years? If so, that doesn't really help Zeke's case ...

By the way, over that 3 year span Zeke actually played 3 games MORE than Cook did.

Even if just talking about the last 2 years, where you mentioned Zeke starting strong but fading over the season, that doesn't help his case either. Holding up as the season winds on is pretty important,

Also, by the way, I never advocated paying Cooks #1 money, or even signing him at all, so your comment on that has no bearing on what I've written here.
Well in 2020 are you going to just forget what happened with Prescott went down???

we had 11 different offensive line combinations literally was a blown up season that's why he fumbled so much... it was just a bad season for the team, so yeah that was one now let's talk about 2021 he started out the first eight games five yards per carry he looked really really good and he got injured he tore his PCL and played the entire second-half of the season with an injury most players just give up get the surgery and sit on the sidelines and then last year yeah if you didn't see that hit to his knee and thigh he was playing very well, I mean look how he came out in the Tampa Bay game averaging 5.3 yards per carry he was playing well then he got hit on the knee that's what happens to older payer or simply NFL players.

so the last two seasons yes he was injured and if you also look at the offensive line getting shuffled even last year it even affected Tony Pollard you guys like have this thing in your head that he played like that all year Oh no Tony Pollard finished the season the last five games no touchdowns 3.8 yards per carry 51 yards per game and there was no explosive plays and he got hurt twice... so yeah the team was struggling opening holes in a lot of games against the better defenses but yes also zeke was injured the last two years right around mid-season and he struggled after that..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well in 2020 are you going to just forget what happened with Prescott went down???

we had 11 different offensive line combinations literally was a blown up season that's why he fumbled so much... it was just a bad season for the team, so yeah that was one now let's talk about 2021 he started out the first eight games five yards per carry he looked really really good and he got injured he tore his PCL and played the entire second-half of the season with an injury most players just give up get the surgery and sit on the sidelines and then last year yeah if you didn't see that hit to his knee and thigh he was playing very well, I mean look how he came out in the Tampa Bay game averaging 5.3 yards per carry he was playing well then he got hit on the knee that's what happens to older payer or simply NFL players.

so the last two seasons yes he was injured and if you also look at the offensive line getting shuffled even last year it even affected Tony Pollard you guys like have this thing in your head that he played like that all year Oh no Tony Pollard finished the season the last five games no touchdowns 3.8 yards per carry 51 yards per game and there was no explosive plays and he got hurt twice... so yeah the team was struggling opening holes in a lot of games against the better defenses but yes also zeke was injured the last two years right around mid-season and he struggled after that..
Zeke was no worse after Prescott went down in 2020. Remember, that's not one of the seasons you said he tailed off. As for the fumbles, half of those were in the games Dak played, and he actually only had one fumble the last 9 games of the year.

And, ultimately, if you are having to cite an excuse for 2020, 2021 and 2022, does the fact that year after year after year there is something to blame really help anyone feel better about where is career is going?

As for injuries, Cook also missed some games the last 3 years, and, again, Zeke actually played in 3 more games than Cook did in those 3 years, and had notably worse production to show for it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke was no worse after Prescott went down in 2020. Remember, that's not one of the seasons you said he tailed off. As for the fumbles, half of those were in the games Dak played, and he actually only had one fumble the last 9 games of the year.

And, ultimately, if you are having to cite an excuse for 2020, 2021 and 2022, does the fact that year after year after year there is something to blame really help anyone feel better about where is career is going?

As for injuries, Cook also missed some games the last 3 years, and, again, Zeke actually played in 3 more games than Cook did in those 3 years, and had notably worse production to show for it.
I just said it was due to the OL issues 11 combos in 2020 so many injuries we lost count..that doesn't effect the RB?? go jump in lake with your trolling motor bruh you are purposefully ignoring the facts i laid out. it was a lot to do with the Line, injuries, and major change in OC philosophy who now is GONE.

Tell MN how great Cooks is they cut the dude!! why not restructure, why not trade him ?? oh wait must not be an option .. NEXT moot debate still has no home like Dhop or Zeke all in the same boat

Rayman70

Reaction score
+1 ......at this point, you have to think he's lucky to get $5M

Me thinks Dalvin has it all backwards. He is the potential employee, and the teams are the employer doing the hiring. He is being delusional. He is trying to dictate HIS terms, which is really ridiculous. He has 0 bargaining edge here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something I didn't know, he's getting $2M guaranteed money from the Vikes regardless. But honestly, at this point, you have to wonder what type of attitude/motivation you're getting.......team player or player on his last legs looking to cash in as much as possible.
If these reports are accurate, we have our answer.

Let’s finally learn our lesson about paying big money to running backs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just said it was due to the OL issues 11 combos in 2020 so many injuries we lost count..that doesn't effect the RB?? go jump in lake with your trolling motor bruh you are purposefully ignoring the facts i laid out. it was a lot to do with the Line, injuries, and major change in OC philosophy who now is GONE.

Tell MN how great Cooks is they cut the dude!! why not restructure, why not trade him ?? oh wait must not be an option .. NEXT moot debate still has no home like Dhop or Zeke all in the same boat
Previously you falsely indicated I was promoting the Cowboys signing Cook, and now you are falsely indicating I've been saying he's a great player. Exaggeration to make a point actually invalidates the point. What I have said is merely that Cook has been playing at a higher level than Zeke in recent years, and is still having quality seasons. I readily admit last year was a dropoff from his peak seasons, just not the same dropoff we have seen in Zeke.

As for why not restructure or trade, who knows, my assumption is Cook overvalued himself and wasn't willing to work a deal that would make the team want to keep him or facilitate a trade. That doesn't mean he hasn't been playing at a higher level than Zeke. Not everyone that gets released is playing at the same level.

Yes, 2020 was a tough year for the Cowboys O-Line, but as I said, Zeke's level of play didn't change with injuries to the O-Line. It's also not as if the Vikings O-Line was or is an elite group.. They had to go with a career back up at LG that season, and the 5 O-Linemen that got the most playing time have only one Pro Bowl season among the entire bunch of them in their entire careers.

And you talk about Zeke's injuries over 3 years, but ignore that he actually played more games than Cook did over that span.

Bottom line is it's not fair or logical to argue as if the Cowboys and Zeke are the only ones that ever have issues to deal with. That's just an ongoing part of playing in the NFL.

If we were just talking about 1 season, that would be different, but your making excuses for 3 straight seasons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Previously you falsely indicated I was promoting the Cowboys signing Cook, and now you are falsely indicating I've been saying he's a great player. Exaggeration to make a point actually invalidates the point. What I have said is merely that Cook has been playing at a higher level than Zeke in recent years, and is still having quality seasons. I readily admit last year was a dropoff from his peak seasons, just not the same dropoff we have seen in Zeke.

As for why not restructure or trade, who knows, my assumption is Cook overvalued himself and wasn't willing to work a deal that would make the team want to keep him or facilitate a trade. That doesn't mean he hasn't been playing at a higher level than Zeke. Not everyone that gets released is playing at the same level.

Yes, 2020 was a tough year for the Cowboys O-Line, but as I said, Zeke's level of play didn't change with injuries to the O-Line. It's also not as if the Vikings O-Line was or is an elite group.. They had to go with a career back up at LG that season, and the 5 O-Linemen that got the most playing time have only one Pro Bowl season among the entire bunch of them in their entire careers.

And you talk about Zeke's injuries over 3 years, but ignore that he actually played more games than Cook did over that span.

Bottom line is it's not fair or logical to argue as if the Cowboys and Zeke are the only ones that ever have issues to deal with. That's just an ongoing part of playing in the NFL.

If we were just talking about 1 season, that would be different, but your making excuses for 3 straight seasons.
not reading that but good luck with whatever it is you think you are debating LOL

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not reading that but good luck with whatever it is you think you are debating LOL
All I've said is Cook has not tailed off like Zeke has the last 3 years. You're the one that took exception to that and tried to create a debate. If you think an excuse year after year after year can be made to explain that Zeke hasn't really tailed off much, we will have to agree to disagree. 3 years is just too many consecutive years to pass off. At some point there has to be some acceptance that the player himself actually does factor into what has happened, and that there is a reason Pollard moved past Zeke into the lead RB role