Twitter: Dalvin Cook update

Reid1boys

Reaction score
not at RB
sorry the rams nor the eagles nor KC loaded their backfield with backs taking up resources. rbs are not typically the key position that puts you over the top.. if tp didnt sign his tag or was let go sure cooks makes sense

fact is they tagged pollard brought in jones have many rbs on staff and drafted 2..id say they have that covered. if you dont believe TP is beer then KC backfield, sanders maybe equal and cam phreaking Akers..sure that's the key SMH. Bengals lost to that unknown boring rams backfield and they had the better RB but Mixon's far from special who was his backup..umm nothing special....

all the best backs in the league at their peak seem to be missing the SB, Cooks help MN beat us last year, nope did he help beat the giants nope..
IM not advocating for Cook at all... I am fine with Pollard and who else we have. I would go out and see if I could get Hopkins though,as IMO that would give the Cowboys the best WR corps in the entire league.

My point was the cowboys have the money to do what they want... the cap is NOT a problem.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
IM not advocating for Cook at all... I am fine with Pollard and who else we have. I would go out and see if I could get Hopkins though,as IMO that would give the Cowboys the best WR corps in the entire league.

My point was the cowboys have the money to do what they want... the cap is NOT a problem.
It could if Hopkins is Hopkins, I think thats what most people are saying..who am I getting for the money?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I might go Chubb as well. Henry is older and probably about to hit the wall.
Agree with you here. Chubb is the best pure running back in the league.

Had him on fantasy the last few years and saw firsthand the 90s style run-heavy dominance. He's similar to Henry, but has a little bit more wiggle to him.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't realize DH had over 2,000 yards rushing one year. Wow, what an amazing RB

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I didn't realize DH had over 2,000 yards rushing one year. Wow, what an amazing RB
truly is but man at this point its like watching a ticking time bomb with him, hopefully he carries on strong but the law of averages is in play big time with Henry

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean true but he has the benefit of being head and shoulders better than anyone else available. So in his case he is the only one of his supply so there will be demand.
I can imagine a "We like our guys" scenario.:)

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Count me in the group of Cowboys fans who is satisfied with what we have. Tired of these losers who keep trolling CZ with WR and RB threads!
I'm not satisfied but I also don't get the point of seriously discussing something that has no chance of happening. Then some whining about how Dallas doesn't want to win if they don't go after Cook. This thread should be in the NFL zone or better yet deleted

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
umm context zeke played hurt and still somehow splitting carries got close to 900yards and 12 tds, hardly a big difference between him and cooks as you are trying to imply. He played a full season, zeke did not.
relaity check,
we have our Starter and hes a lot like Pollard, we got Vaughn similar to TPs skillset, adding cooks for the monkey he wasn't would be a bad move we are invested this season in Pollard, we got jones, malik, Dowdle, Vaughn, and hunter to compete all TC/PS and find out who backs up pollard and who gets few leftovers..

i dont see the issue here KC and the eagles brought less to the SB in the backfield. TP is better then anyone with KC and equal to sanders. This is a non-need and fans thinking we need to make big move with all those bodies and money earmarked at the RB position, are clueless the business side of football.
1. I said there is a difference over the last 3 years, not just one (although you're understating the difference last year)​
2. If looking at last year, Cook only had 33 more carries than Zeke, but gained 297 more yards and averaged 4.4 ypc to Zeke's 3.8​
3. Also looking at last year, Cook had 295 receiving yards to Zeke's 92.​
4. Over the last 3 years Cook has had 3,889 rushing yards with a 4.7 ypc average, and Zeke has had 2,857 yards with a 4.0 ypc average.​
5. Over the last 3 seasons, Cook ha been 2nd, 5th & 6th in rushing, and Zeke has been 11th, 7th and 22nd.​
6. Over the last 3 years Zeke's best season would be Cook's worst​

In short, I was saying Zeke started going downhill, several years ago, and while Cook was a little down from his previous season, his 2022 was still better than any season Zeke has had since 2019

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It could if Hopkins is Hopkins, I think thats what most people are saying..who am I getting for the money?
well anyone that watched Hopkins last year would know he is a STUD. Yes... based upon LAST YEAR.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
well anyone that watched Hopkins last year would know he is a STUD. Yes... based upon LAST YEAR.
Injuries though the last 2 years, half seasons. Im not totaly out on it I just think there is a legit concern there for the money he wants.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
1. I said there is a difference over the last 3 years, not just one (although you're understating the difference last year)​
2. If looking at last year, Cook only had 33 more carries than Zeke, but gained 297 more yards and averaged 4.4 ypc to Zeke's 3.8​
3. Also looking at last year, Cook had 295 receiving yards to Zeke's 92.​
4. Over the last 3 years Cook has had 3,889 rushing yards with a 4.7 ypc average, and Zeke has had 2,857 yards with a 4.0 ypc average.​
5. Over the last 3 seasons, Cook ha been 2nd, 5th & 6th in rushing, and Zeke has been 11th, 7th and 22nd.​
6. Over the last 3 years Zeke's best season would be Cook's worst​

In short, I was saying Zeke started going downhill, several years ago, and while Cook was a little down from his previous season, his 2022 was still better than any season Zeke has had since 2019
Cook is unquestionably the more durable productive back at this point. I would prefer him as well. Don't want to pay him more than 2 year 12M though and I'm not sure that high.

Motorola

Reaction score

stilltheguru

Reaction score
"I want the value," Cook said. "I want somebody who values Dalvin Cook. I want somebody that wants me to be there and give me the ball.

Yes. That sounds like he'd come to Dallas to the rational brain. :thumbup:

rambo2

Reaction score
"I want the value," Cook said. "I want somebody who values Dalvin Cook. I want somebody that wants me to be there and give me the ball.

Yes. That sounds like he'd come to Dallas to the rational brain. :thumbup:
He would go anywhere.