News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Sounds like the CPR was good and early, and the hypothermia protocol was effective at saving brain. I’ve done it quite a few times on patients with some good outcomes (sometimes not so good, pt was down too long without adequate CPR). The fact he’s speaking already and following commands, making sense, is a really good sign. Now, to detriment for sure what made him v-fib arrest….

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like the CPR was good and early, and the hypothermia protocol was effective at saving brain. I’ve done it quite a few times on patients with some good outcomes (sometimes not so good, pt was down too long without adequate CPR). The fact he’s speaking already and following commands, making sense, is a really good sign. Now, to detriment for sure what made him v-fib arrest….
Thank you for your life-saving service! :clap:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prayers for Damar Hamlin and his family. Thank God for the medical staff being there quickly. I pray they saved that young man’s life. Football at this moment is so unimportant.

:clap:
---

This thread is about Damar Hamlin!

Do not post insults, conspiracies, complaints or off-topic comments in this thread!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is such great news. The biggest fear was we were watching the last moments of a young man's life on Monday Night. Now we can look forward to seeing him make a full recovery.

As someone who knows very little about the details, congrats to the medical staff for their actions under such duress. Amazing professionals and God bless them all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We, meaning people with compassion and empathy, needed this. This puts us in touch with our humanity and we need that re-connected on a regular basis.

I do not remember an event since Jessica McClure, the toddler in the well, or the 13 Thai boys in the cave that stopped us in our tracks and gave us pause to embrace what really makes us human and how our differences don't really matter as much when we come together in hope. Something bigger than us was happening.

This one is already going much better than I anticipated because of misinformation about the length of time he was administered CPR, 9 minutes, and that he was not resuscitated again at the hospital, he was already intubated.

When you consider how many other 24 year old's were in peril and even lost over these 3 days yet this story captured us and went far beyond sports coverage. it doesn't seem fair to those others but it does seem right for humans in general.

I didn't feel it was just me praying for Damar but that I was joined by millions of others and in that, there is comfort. It is as if we helped pull him through the rough water.......together. And I haven't felt together with my fellow humans in a long time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We, meaning people with compassion and empathy, needed this. This puts us in touch with our humanity and we need that re-connected on a regular basis.

I do not remember an event since Jessica McClure, the toddler in the well, or the 13 Thai boys in the cave that stopped us in our tracks and gave us pause to embrace what really makes us human and how our differences don't really matter as much when we come together in hope. Something bigger than us was happening.

This one is already going much better than I anticipated because of misinformation about the length of time he was administered CPR, 9 minutes, and that he was not resuscitated again at the hospital, he was already intubated.

When you consider how many other 24 year old's were in peril and even lost over these 3 days yet this story captured us and went far beyond sports coverage. it doesn't seem fair to those others but it does seem right for humans in general.

I didn't feel it was just me praying for Damar but that I was joined by millions of others and in that, there is comfort. It is as if we helped pull him through the rough water.......together. And I haven't felt together with my fellow humans in a long time.
Imagine if this was how we were ALL the time?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I wonder when he woke up, if he had ANY sense of passage of time, or if he had some slight moments of awareness over those few days.....or when he woke up days later, he was surprised to see himself not in uniform, with players all around him, on the field.

Like how long would it take for you to totally understand that you lost a couple of days?

It's one thing when you're put under with anesthesia...you KNOW beforehand you're going to be put under. But to just be walking on the field one second, and then instantaneously his "lights go out", it must be completely confusing to wake up in a hospital like that.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So glad to hear. This kid's situation just cast a pall over anything related to football this week for me. Can't really explain it but I just couldn't get "into it" knowing he might not live. Feels like a weight lifted when I heard the news today, like I could get back to enjoying football without feeling guilty. I'm sure his teammates are likely feeling that x10.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I wonder when he woke up, if he had ANY sense of passage of time, or if he had some slight moments of awareness over those few days.....or when he woke up days later, he was surprised to see himself not in uniform, with players all around him, on the field.

Like how long would it take for you to totally understand that you lost a couple of days?

It's one thing when you're put under with anesthesia...you KNOW beforehand you're going to be put under. But to just be walking on the field one second, and then instantaneously his "lights go out", it must be completely confusing to wake up in a hospital like that.
My little brother was in a coma after a Heart attack he said he remembered people talking to him but could not respond

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Exactly. If he can pull through he should be ok if he can never play again. He has a college degree, made 7 figures in two year in the NFL, and has an NFL pedigree if he wants coach. His salary will be adjusted this year since he would up a starter, so he will make north of 7 figures this year alone. Life wise he should be set not resuming his career

Did any of you listen to the press conference, though? The Dr.s insinuated he would make a full recovery and likely play again.