News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

jujoboys

Reaction score
So who is going to tell him that once he gets out of the hospital he has over $7 million worth of toys to purchase and deliver?

On a serious note, so glad he looks like he is going to make it and be fully functional.

plymkr

Reaction score

Wonderful news. Very exciting and encouraging. Thank God. I'm pretty pumped he was aware about the game and asked about it. Great sign that his brain has not suffered damage. The doctor's response of "you won the game of life" was awesome. Continuing to pray and hope the good news keeps coming.

plymkr

Reaction score
He actually asked about the game. That is the best news you can get. He's still there.
Right. He's still there and that's like you said the best news we can get. His brain seems to be intact. I just made a post but I'm making another one cuz I'm just really excited about him making progress.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
In my experience of 30 years in critical care I'm wondering why the slower approach at removing the endotracheal tube and getting him off the ventilator. That has always been an early goal because of the increased risk of pneumonias with the indwelling ETT.

My wife and I were just discussing that the young man shouldn't have survived a complete arrest in the field. It's uber rare. As is post arrest neurologically being intact. As I stated before that even in a hospital setting with many trained, highly trained, staff at the ready and with all the resuscitative equipment on hand the percentage of full survival / walk out of the hospital patients is teeny tiny. (Of course many of these folks have underlying medical problems to begin with but spontaneous arrests happen too).

For his sake I am thankful for the prayers offered up on his behalf. Impressive national prayers. I will forever look at
Dan Orlovsky in a different light. His prayer on ESPN on behalf of Damar Hamlin was powerful. I am praising God for this recovery!