News: Damar Hamlin Injury thread (Breathing Tube Removed!)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I wonder when he woke up, if he had ANY sense of passage of time, or if he had some slight moments of awareness over those few days.....or when he woke up days later, he was surprised to see himself not in uniform, with players all around him, on the field.

Like how long would it take for you to totally understand that you lost a couple of days?

It's one thing when you're put under with anesthesia...you KNOW beforehand you're going to be put under. But to just be walking on the field one second, and then instantaneously his "lights go out", it must be completely confusing to wake up in a hospital lik
Did any of you listen to the press conference, though? The Dr.s insinuated he would make a full recovery and likely play again.

It’s gonna be a tough decision for him. I don’t think he has enough tenure to qualify for NFLPA pension/benefits. He’s too young to just live off his current earnings for the rest of his life so he’s gonna have to potentially gamble his health. I think he would qualify for pension/benefits if he played 1 more year. Think the cutoff is 3 years for some reason but I can’t explain why that’s the number in my head.

Flamma

Reaction score
Did any of you listen to the press conference, though? The Dr.s insinuated he would make a full recovery and likely play again.
Have they determined the exact cause yet? If it was Commotio Cordis, and he makes a full recovery, he should be fine. But they have to rule everything else out.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It’s gonna be a tough decision for him. I don’t think he has enough tenure to qualify for NFLPA pension/benefits. He’s too young to just live off his current earnings for the rest of his life so he’s gonna have to potentially gamble his health. I think he would qualify for pension/benefits if he played 1 more year. Think the cutoff is 3 years for some reason but I can’t explain why that’s the number in my head.

I'll bet the NFL will "hook him up".

It's in the NFLs best interest if they are seen taking REAL good care of Hamlin.