Damian Wilson-Anthony Hitchens

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It's hard to simply blast the players given what we have coaching them and the scheme they are in. Believe it or not, this scheme isn't a good fit for any team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This sounds crazy but I think I would take these two guys over Jaylon Smith and LVE if it meant Dallas would also have an impact DT.

Replace Hitchens in the KC D with Joe Thomas and you would not see much difference.

Scheme and coaching matter.

bark

Reaction score
At this point I’d run the Gifford kid out there.
Couldn’t be any worse than jaylon

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I just want a good staff and everything will look better. He’s definitely outplaying our LBs but coaching has a decent amount to do with that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad Hitchens has done well but he got 45 Million over 5 years. Plus we got the comp pick back. Would he have started over Jaylon, LVE or Sean Lee?

Should have extended him that offseason prior. And should have used that 2nd we risked on Jaylon on another defensive player. Or on a RB.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Should have extended him that offseason prior. And should have used that 2nd we risked on Jaylon on another defensive player. Or on a RB.
giphy.gif

Galian Beast

Reaction score
With the right defensive line, those guys will be fine. More than fine actually.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
They were the best LB tandem in the league last year.
It’s not like LVE/JS have never been good.
They can be great again with good coaching; good game planning and a good scheme

BigTx66

Reaction score
I really liked Hitchens when he was with Dallas, but he had some times when he struggled under the defensive schemes used here. If i remember correctly, there was a period where he was benched for awhile, when the idiot coaches here tried others in his place. Having said that, Hitchens has done reasonably well at KC, but I have also seen him get smoked in various games, so it's not a clean assessment that he is so much better than what Dallas currently has at LB. I'm extremely disappointed at Smith and LVE's play this year, as both look lost and overwhelmed in their play. Too bad the Cowboy organization can't retain and develop LB's that are high quality.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
We could really use Hitchens right now, but this is definitely a hindsight is 20/20 post.

Hitchens got paid good money, and this scheme calls for only 2 LB's on the field for the majority of snaps.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
This sounds crazy but I think I would take these two guys over Jaylon Smith and LVE if it meant Dallas would also have an impact DT.
Coaching matters.

Is it possible that Jaylon Smith be even better if he were in KC and that system?

visionary

Reaction score
comparing him to LVE is even more insane- neither Hitch nor Wilson dont have nowhere near his athleticism, instincts, knack vs pass, and ability to create turnovers FROM THE SIDELINES .

:flagwave: