Damien Wilson, new starting MLB?

Sydla

Reaction score
Wut? He's clearly saying Hitchens is the starter.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Are you serious right now?

Read the tweet for yourself....You can follow Broaddus on twitter... it's not against the law.:rolleyes:

Besides...I'm not shocked by this statement. I think the Cowboys are looking to upgrade...and Wilson is the better player anyway.

Sydla

Reaction score
Read the tweet for yourself....You can follow Broaddus on twitter... it's not against the law.:rolleyes:

I read the tweet. There are actually two questions in that tweet. The first was about Wilson being a legit contender for the MLB spot. The second question is about Hitchens already being penciled in as the starter. He's referencing the second person mentioned - Hitchens.

Plus, given that Wilson has just got back on the field recently and didn't play all that much last year, it would be pretty bizarre if he was now the lock starter at MLB after a couple of practices.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Based on the follow up tweet I believe Floaty is correct this time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hitchens himself said he does not consider himself given the starting job. But did say at the time it seems it was his to show he can keep it. And needs to work toward showing he is the starter.
Now this was before last weeks game and while Wilson was still on NFI.

I don't think Wilson who has done nothing yet compared to Hitchens is handed the job. Wilson will need to earn it and take it away from Hitchens.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No, Floaty, he's not. He's saying it's Hitchens job to lose.

Wouldn't shock me to see a 4th round pick beat out a 5th rounder....Make your own conclussions. But I took it as Wilson is the new MLBer...:rolleyes:

Plus I've heard Hitchens is on the bubble anyway...

UTmodisette

Reaction score
Did hear Wilson looked good in practice, but Broaddus is definitely talking about Hitchens as the starter. He's unclear as he just says he, but it wouldn't make sense to say Wilson is the starter, but the run may come from Durant.

Sydla

Reaction score
As I said, think about it logically. Wilson barely played last year. He's barely worked out this camp after getting shot with a paintball, only returned to the field a few days ago and he's now the clear #1 at MLB with Durant possibly being the comp?

It doesn't make sense but if it's true, that's quite a bold move by the coaching staff.