Damien Wilson: Resign or Sayōnara?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wilson has played his best football this season albeit he’s not a world beater.

Simple question....do we resign him (FA in 2019) or let him walk and see if we can add a third killer to the lineup?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Simple question....do we resign him (FA in 2019) or let him walk and see if we can add a third killer to the lineup?

Depends on the contract. We have so many guys set to become FA....we can't allocate much there. Let him test the market and hopefully he gets back to us through to the discount bin.

waving monkey

Reaction score

whats the cost he's been serviceable

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
His best football isn't that good. He's OK going downhill but gets whipped in coverage.

I don't think he's doing anything that JML or Covington couldn't.

I tend to think the same. He’s had four years to make his presence felt. He’s probably got an opportunity to compete for a starting spot on a different team. I’m interested in how Covington develops.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
If he's willing to get paid like a 4th LB then I think he should stay because he's pretty good for a #4. My guess is he wants more money and gets it elsewhere, he'd probably be perceived as an upgrade at #3 for some teams, maybe even #2 for desperate defenses or bad scouting departments.

Some team like KC or San Diego or TB will get him at a higher price than Dallas (rightfully in my opinion) is willing to pay. Not a bad player but hell this team has 3 all pros (give it a few months) at LB so it's a crowded room.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’ll probably get a bigger offer than we’re willing to match. I think he and Beasley are the two guys we lose this offseason that we’d like to keep.

I think we’ll resign Lawrence, Austin and Swaim for sure. We’ll probably resign Fleming and Irving because they won’t command big money.

Pants

Reaction score
His cost would be the answer to the question. I can’t see Lee playing much longer (he’ll want to, just can’t); I like Mr Wilson, would like to keep him if cost-effective