Dan Campbell's name floating in media

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Sounds about right. This franchise is a full on dumpster fire. Who the hell even cares anymore.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What this organization needs is a “Jimmy move”.

TRANSLATION: hiring someone who has no ties whatsoever to the organization. It’s the only way to rebuild this cancerously soft culture. Hire a guy from the outside who brings in his own staff and takes charge.

Sadly, I don’t think this owner is capable of looking in the mirror long enough to realize he’s the problem and needs to change. Hope I’m wrong.

rags747

Reaction score
Anyone think that Jerry enlists Parcells for advices here?

loublue22

Reaction score
Not big on coordinators where the head coach actually runs their unit.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I could see Zimmer for sure.
I do wonder if that’s a possibility in Jerry’s mind? I could live with him as HC. Be stable for us...runs a tight ship. No nonsense guy who doesn’t put up with our defense playing way it is.

John813

Reaction score
Eh, wouldn't be too upset over it. Not my first or 2 choice

blueblood70

Reaction score
have to start putting these names in columns,,

A-hot shot college coach like Riley, Rhule,or Meyer

B-retread Mcdaniels, MCcarthy, Rivera, or lewis etc

C-curveballs Cambell , Romo, Witten, Kris Richard, Baltimore's OC, and ive heard maybe a Bienemy KC OC is picking up steam for other candidate openings..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've read lately that Campbell isn't an X's and O's guy, although, players take to him in a big way. Sound like anyone you know? ;)
As long ad he instills discipline and can manage the game. His assistants can handle the xs and os

MikeB80

Reaction score
I like the idea of Dan Campbell. He has spent the last nine years coaching in the nfl and was the interim for a handful of games in Miami.

I want the team to be big and physical up front on both sides of the ball and be aggressive on defense. I think the guys he has been around fit that mold and so does he.

Its not the big splash so I don't think Jerry would really do it but I bet campbell could put together a good staff.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’ll probably watch a lot less football if they hire him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like the idea of Dan Campbell. He has spent the last nine years coaching in the nfl and was the interim for a handful of games in Miami.

I want the team to be big and physical up front on both sides of the ball and be aggressive on defense. I think the guys he has been around fit that mold and so does he.

Its not the big splash so I don't think Jerry would really do it but I bet campbell could put together a good staff.

It would be Jason Garrett part 2.

I want a coach that knows what they are doing and not some rah rah clapper.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It would be Jason Garrett part 2.

I want a coach that knows what they are doing and not some rah rah clapper.

what makes you think he doesn't know what he is doing? He has been around Sean Payton most of his NFL life and has been right there with the saints for the past 4 seasons. Garrett had ties to no one, he had a season with saban and gruden.

Campbell is an in charge type of person, he will hire coordinators to call plays and run the the three units.

I can see why many would not want him because he is not flashy at all but lots of guys who succeed are not. John Harbaugh wasn't flashy or anyone's first choice. I think he could bring an aggressive approach that is needed here.