Twitter: Dan Orlovsky's Lists Of QBs You Win Games With And QBs You Win Games Because Of In The NFL

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s all a subjective discussion. The “ win games” narrative is silly. All QB in some capacity provide the ability to win games .
Some much more then other other though, which is why Dan has split them up.

Jimmy G leads his team to more success than most of the guys on that 1st tweet, but are the 49ers winning them because of his play specifically? No.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It’s all a subjective discussion. The “ win games” narrative is silly. All QB in some capacity provide the ability to win games .

Yeah even Orlovsky himself managed to provide 2 wins during his NFL career! In all seriousness this is another in a long line of pointless takes by a mediot. I mean I get that it's the offseason but who here actually cares about stuff? Football is played on the football field.. not on Twitter.. not in some broadcast studio.. and no experts "talk" has ever decided a single game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Seriously though,

Is anyone else not shocked that Dan did not sneak Wentz onto one of these lists?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Matthew Stafford never did anything until he had an offense and defense to share the load. I think Stafford is a good QB and showed he was capable of helping get his team to a SB but he had all key part in place. Defense with Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Jalen Ramsey and on offense Kupp, Higbee, OBJ

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yea, looks like junk to provide trolls to base an argument on. Like it’s a fact or stat. Lol

All of these QB’s on both list can help you win a game .
That's exactly what it is. It not only supports the numbskulls that keep using wins and loses as an arguing point, but it is beyond lazy to not factor in the other 52 players.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Matthew Stafford never did anything until he had an offense and defense to share the load. I think Stafford is a good QB and showed he was capable of helping get his team to a SB but he had all key part in place. Defense with Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Jalen Ramsey and on offense Kupp, Higbee, OBJ
It's hard to argue against a few QBs playing well and having success in LA. They're stacked.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see Wilson winning a lot of games last season, Watson didn't play, Jackson has to do it with his feet, Carr belongs in that 2nd group and Stafford made that group because of his coaching, WR corps and defense.

How in the hell do you put Stafford in there with his track record in DET? Isn't that the textbook winning with a team?

Watson and Wilson haven't played a down with their new teams.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Crude list, but essentially true for Dak Prescott. He's never been a QB that can carry a team, especially now that he has a bum leg. But he can win if you put the right cast of characters. If the Cowboys could get back to running the way they did in 2014 or 2016.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Here’s my Elite list:

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Justin Herbert
Russel Wilson
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford

Mine is much shorter, I have Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes. maybe Allen, and Burrow only 1 full season, bit early. In my view elite in no matter what sport you play is a guy who brings his top play year in and year out.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Crude list, but essentially true for Dak Prescott. He's never been a QB that can carry a team, especially now that he has a bum leg. But he can win if you put the right cast of characters. If the Cowboys could get back to running the way they did in 2014 or 2016.
I think Dak and Jimmy G are similar.

You put elite weapons all around them, especially in the run game, and you can have success, but if for any reason you need them to shoulder the load you're in trouble.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here’s my Elite list:

Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Justin Herbert
Russel Wilson
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford
Brady, Mahmoes, and Rodgers are the only truly elite QBs in the NFL in my opinion.

My criteria for "elite" QB is that you're an NFL MVP and a Super Bowl champ that is still playing at a very high level.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Carr got his team in the playoffs despite his top WR going to jail, chaos at the HC position, and incompetence at the ownership and GM levels.

That's a lot to fight through. But he did it. That's impressive.
Yeah, Dak doesn't have any of that to deal with.