Dan Patrick on the Cowboys: "Dallas Fans Deserve Better Than This"

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
This might deserve it's own thread but what the heck.

Games played this year - 6.
Snaps - 208
Solo tackles - 10.
Assists - 4.
Total tackles - 14.
Sacks - 2

Which defensive lineman holds these stats?

Irving & Gregory combined.

One of many reasons why this franchise fails.

Chill35

Reaction score
I think we deserve what we have gotten for accepting and supporting mediocrity.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a flashback from 2012 and history repeating itself:

Tim Macmahon is the reporter asking the tough questions. Coincidentally, he no longer covers the Dallas Cowboys.

This is a great find because of its inherent relevance. It is better than the OP's video. Dan Patrick mentions briefly Jerry Jones the GM but Patrick and his staff's main talking points about the team were:

• Jason Garrett
  • Dak Prescott
On the other hand, Macmahon focused SIX years ago questioning Jones and forcing him to publicly comment WHY he feels it necessary to run football operations and not allow someone qualified to do so in order to attract better results.

Macmahon did what everyone--media, fans, peers--should be doing because it is basically the only way for a narcissist to face his or her narcissism. Some people are hopelessly dependent thinking Jerry Jones the businessman will change if customers will stop lining his pockets with money. They want to stop buying his merchandise. They want to stop buying tickets to his games.

These examples are all wasted effort that will never coerce Jerry Jones the businessman to admit to himself that his and everyone else's central problem is Jerry Jones the narcissist. Let us all be rational for a moment. For decades, 'normal' NFL owners have dealt with merchandising sales that pale in comparison to Jones'. 'Normal' NFL owners have watched their stadiums filled to half capacity on game days--sometimes only to 25% of capacity. Did these circumstances change these owners approach OR were some of these cases involving owners willing to allow someone else to address these problems?

That last question is one I believe a lot of people never think about. I believe what others talk or type about it. I believe a number of people think Jones would not put up with what 'normal' NFL owners have faced running other teams because they 'know' Jones' main motivation is greed.

Time for people to wake up. Jones is not 'normal'. He has never been 'normal'. Macmahon barely scratched the surface of Jones' mentality SIX years ago. Did anyone watching the video you posted study Jones' reaction? Did anyone study his face during the questioning? Do some people think that is normal because of simple greed and stubbornness?

Okay. And that is why Jones will retain himself as general manager forever. It is not 'normal' for a President and Owner to keep himself penciled in as General Manager. Very few people get in his ear and constrain his thought processes to only "Why am I doing this year after year?" Dan Patrick didn't. Macmahon did. Thank you Macmahon.

/rant

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
That's why I wanted the full free agent list. Dumpster diving seems productive. Woods has been a big win.
Dumpster diving has not been productive quite the opposite overall.

2017 Free Agent Pick ups:

Stephen Paea
Nolan Carroll

Damontre Moore
Bryon Bell
Robert Blanton

Real fruitful...

Last edited:

lockster

Reaction score
If there wasn't revenue sharing with guaranteed profit for owners each year, this losing would change

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. But there is a spectrum. Higher on it results in jerkwads like Jones.
The only difference Jones embodies is a good business acumen. As far as narcissism, Jones is as much one as the next. He is not a special case.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The title says it all: "Dallas Fans Deserve Better Than This"

So before anybody thinks about turning on each other because we're all down, depressed, and on edge, remember that.

We all deserve better than this.
Nobody cares. Players don’t care. FO doesn’t care. I’m to the point I no longer care and I’ve been a fan for 44 years. Just don’t care.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Thanks Dan!

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRN48qMV3pQFhUY_tZadC_1KtMWo3Ylz3UiRAKzPn43FSAk7kZc
Is Dan a Cowboys fan? Seems like several of the most well-known talking heads are - Bayless, Cowherd, etc.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dumpster diving has not been productive quite the opposite overall.

2017 Free Agent Pick ups:

Stephen Paea
Nolan Carroll - 4000k

Damontre Moore - 325k
Bryon Bell - 1868k
Robert Blanton - 80k

Real fruitful...

Paea broke. Anybody can break.

Carroll wasn't dumpster diving. We paid real money for Carroll.

Moore and Blanton cost us peanuts.

You rotten cherry picked. 2017 was a bad year. But the dumpster diving didn't cost us, it was the mid range guy who hurt us.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Paea broke. Anybody can break.

Carroll wasn't dumpster diving. We paid real money for Carroll.

Moore and Blanton cost us peanuts.

You rotten cherry picked. 2017 was a bad year. But the dumpster diving didn't cost us, it was the mid range guy who hurt us.

We paid beans for Carroll, Paea was terrible.

The others were dumpster dives.

This year hurns sucks, the Back up tackle sucks, the G that got hurt was poor, the others gone save Woods.

They suck at all levels the last few years save a few players, sorry but you are wrong.