Video: Dan Patrick on Zeke Situation; some NFL owners want him punished

revospeed

Reaction score
Yeah, it wouldn't suprise me if it would take 10 month to investigate if that's the route they decide to take which is also why I said above I hope they just lump it together with whatever else they came up with so it's not another ongoing separate incident with another possible suspension looming.

They're not doing that. They took 10+ months to investigate a single instance of an accusation of DV in which there is a mountain of exculpatory evidence, Zeke was not arrested, nor charged.

Meanwhile, they took the same amount of time to investigate Josh Brown, who had:

1. An arrest for DV
2. An incident of DV at the Pro Bowl
3. A letter that was found by a journalist in which Brown admitted to DV.

And 20+ instances of DV that the NFL claims they had no idea about during the investigation. Come on man. 10 months of investigation and you don't get a whiff of more instances of DV? Then all of the sudden once you suspend him and can't punish him anymore, the smoking gun comes out? Sounds like you can't connect the dots and realize that Zeke is getting the shaft.

aria

Reaction score
How very childish of these owners, I hope Jerry is one of them that doesn't participate in this childish behavior, I'd like to think he's above that...take the high road Jerry.
Lol, good luck with that.

RUfsR6v.jpg

aria

Reaction score
They're not doing that. They took 10+ months to investigate a single instance of an accusation of DV in which there is a mountain of exculpatory evidence, Zeke was not arrested, nor charged.

Meanwhile, they took the same amount of time to investigate Josh Brown, who had:

1. An arrest for DV
2. An incident of DV at the Pro Bowl
3. A letter that was found by a journalist in which Brown admitted to DV.

And 20+ instances of DV that the NFL claims they had no idea about during the investigation. Come on man. 10 months of investigation and you don't get a whiff of more instances of DV? Then all of the sudden once you suspend him and can't punish him anymore, the smoking gun comes out? Sounds like you can't connect the dots and realize that Zeke is getting the shaft.
How many times do I have to say I think the Zeke DV charges are BS? All I've said is there's inconsistency across all teams and players throughout the NFL and that's part of the reason I despise Goodell and the NFL in general.

I'm on Zeke's side with the DV issue and if all they have is what we know and they suspend him for it (specifically DV) then I'll be as po'd as everyone here. I'm assuming after all their other mistakes they're trying to cover all their bases. I understand it's not ideal to take this long, but if you're like me, I'm not worried about it unless they find more information that we don't know about. The other "incidents", well that's still up for debate IMO. He needs to be kept in check quickly and even though the DV issues are BS, that guy getting knocked out and the circumstances surrounding it doesn't help.

My god, you guys are driving me to the bottle. A nice single malt dram may be in order shortly.

revospeed

Reaction score
How many times do I have to say I think the Zeke DV charges are BS? All I've said is there's inconsistency across all teams and players throughout the NFL and that's part of the reason I despise Goodell and the NFL in general.

I'm on Zeke's side with the DV issue and if all they have is what we know and they suspend him for it (specifically DV) then I'll be as po'd as everyone here. I'm assuming after all their other mistakes they're trying to cover all their bases. I understand it's not ideal to take this long, but if you're like me, I'm not worried about it unless they find more information that we don't know about. The other "incidents", well that's still up for debate IMO. He needs to be kept in check quickly and even though the DV issues are BS, that guy getting knocked out and the circumstances surrounding it doesn't help.

My god, you guys are driving me to the bottle. A nice single malt dram may be in order shortly.

Nice dodge.

Do you think that Zeke is being treated unfairly by the NFL as compared to Josh Brown? Zeke was under investigation for 11+ months for ONE (BS) incident of DV, meanwhile, Josh Brown was investigated for 10 months for several incidents and 20+ that the NFL knew about, if they have any semblance of competency.

Now, Dan Patrick is saying he's being told that the other owners are pushing for Zeke to be suspended.

Is it too conspiratorial for you to think that there is the possibility that perhaps the investigation is being drawn out for so long because there is pressure by owners to suspend him and keep the investigation going? Or is it perfectly normal to take 12 months interviewing the four people who were in the car that night and going over texts that say Zeke is innocent?

But we all know Dan Patrick is Alex Jones and can't be taken seriously.

aria

Reaction score
Nice article but obviously bias. I find it hard to believe exposing a womens breast with or without consent isn't breaking some sort of law. I have a few friends that are cops, I'll follow up but I'm pretty sure if I went to the grocery store, Six Flags, wherever and started flashing my wifes breasts in public I could be fined for something. I understand it was Mardis Gras but 1) still dumb as hell on Zekes part, especially already being under investigation and 2) the NFL doesn't care where it happened.

Really all that article tells me is what I've already stated, the NFL is inconsistent across all teams and players. I posted a link yesterday or the day before with several players who were suspended for doing less than some of the guys in the article above and guess what? Their name wasn't Ezekial Elliot and they weren't Cowboys players.

Side note, whether Zeke did it or not, if he wants less heat why didn't one of his "posse" step forward and take the blame like Revis pal? That's an example of bias in the article, it's apples to oranges, no one confessed to hitting the DJ and there's still a "mystery" punch that's unaccounted for (for NFL purposes, not Dallas PD).

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Nice dodge.

Do you think that Zeke is being treated unfairly by the NFL as compared to Josh Brown? Zeke was under investigation for 11+ months for ONE (BS) incident of DV, meanwhile, Josh Brown was investigated for 10 months for several incidents and 20+ that the NFL knew about, if they have any semblance of competency.

Now, Dan Patrick is saying he's being told that the other owners are pushing for Zeke to be suspended.

Is it too conspiratorial for you to think that there is the possibility that perhaps the investigation is being drawn out for so long because there is pressure by owners to suspend him and keep the investigation going? Or is it perfectly normal to take 12 months interviewing the four people who were in the car that night and going over texts that say Zeke is innocent?

But we all know Dan Patrick is Alex Jones and can't be taken seriously.
Not a dodge at all. Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong point. For one, I'm still not clear whether they knew about the 20 incidents before the one game suspension. The article I linked appeared to say otherwise but it is foggy. Assuming the NFL did know, yes I would say Zeke is being treated unfairly BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW! Do you know for a fact that they didn't find more credible information while investigating that isn't still available to the public?

Is Zeke being treated unfairly JUST compared to Josh Brown or the multitude of other players? It seems to me there are several players who you can compare Zeke's case to, not just a kicker for the Giants who was an employee of Mara.

No, it's not too conspirital of me to believe other owners want a suspension. According to other posters here, why wouldn't they if it's in the best interest of their team or if they've had players that they think were punished unfairly by the NFL and now want retribution?

I've never denied there is bias in the NFL, all I've asked is that people here acknowledge it goes both ways. Blaming one owner on all of these issues is silly. I'm not saying Mara wouldn't push for a suspension, just like I wouldn't put it past Jerry to do the same if it was the other way around. I get it, that's what they do, push their agenda and try to gain an advantage but if it's within their right then I'm not going to cry foul and pout like a baby.

Do you deny Jerry has ever tried to gain an advantage (ie Blandino or breaking the handshake agreement)? Sure he has so don't be a hypocrite and blame other owners for doing the same.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The host for NBC Sports’ Football Night in America said on his eponymous radio show Thursday that other NFL owners are pressuring the commissioner to keep the case open.

“So, Ezekiel Elliott, it’s been going on for a year now,” Patrick said. “And other owners, I’m told at least one owner is saying, ‘Hey, you punish other owners for stuff. Are you going to hold the Cowboys’ feet to the flame, to the fire?’ And that’s why you have Ezekiel Elliott sort of hanging in the balance here.”

Patrick also stated that the league is looking at an accumulation of alleged off-field incidents to give them credence to suspend the 21-year-old for a game or two.

So, hit Goodell and NFL with the issue with Eli Manning and New York Giants management (also reports are that Giants had jersey that Strahan wore in Super Bowl its a fake to)
According to a report in the New York Post Thursday citing new information in a previously dismissed lawsuit, court documents claim an email from Eli Manning reveals he was a participant in an alleged scheme to sell New York Giants gear that was purportedly falsely labeled as "game-worn."

The Post reports, citing court documents, that Manning sent an email to the Giants' equipment manager asking for "helmets that can pass as game used."

The legal filing was made Thursday in Bergen County (N.J.) Superior Court as part of a civil racketeering lawsuit against Manning, the Giants and other team employees.

Manning's marketing agent Alan Zucker sent Manning a note asking for “2 game used helmets and 2 game used jerseys” as per the two-time Super Bowl MVP’s contract with memorabilia dealer Steiner Sports.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well,now ain't that A fine oyster stew they be salivating fer',,, sorry PRIME! but I'll be the first to chuck a hand grenade sometimes just to set the pace.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Well,now ain't that A fine oyster stew they be salivating fer',,, sorry PRIME! but I'll be the first to chuck a hand grenade sometimes just to set the pace.
:laugh::thumbup: You made me hungry mentioning oyster stew. Hey is that similar to clam chowder?

Right on brother!