Video: Dan Patrick on Zeke Situation; some NFL owners want him punished

aria

Reaction score
There's a reason Mara always gets Dallas on his schedule for Week 1. He wants to benefit from any and all suspensions.
I bet he always requests the first game be a road game too! Maybe Jerry should stop bargain shopping and taking chances with high risk players to help alleviate the suspensions. Just a thought.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Watched it. A couple things

1) Was the Pryor suspension upheld? Meaning was he suspended in the NFL for the stuff he did in college?

2) I have never agreed that Zeke should be punished for the DV issue but I can see the NFL suspending him for the accumulation of his off the field actions. Some of us think that's complete BS and others not so much but there is clearly a concerning pattern of behavior.

3) I'm not the slightest bit surprised that other owners are complaining. Whether it's Mara, Jerry, whoever...every owner in this league is out for themselves and I'm sure it's something that has and always will go on. I'd find it hard to believe Jerry, or any owner, wouldn't try to get every advantage they can.
Fair enough. I haven't watched the video, I was merely referring to the headline :muttley:

Plankton

Reaction score
owners-jumbo.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
Outside of the owners of the other NFC east teams, who is really going to care among the other owners?
Maybe the team we play in week two. But it doesn't seem like Denver would play that game. Or any NFC team that might think we will be in a playoff race with them.
Still, Mara is historically trying to get in the commissioners ear.

aria

Reaction score
I vote for an entire Mara forum so if it rains tomorrow I can blame it on him or if I stub my toe I can tell everyone how it was Mara's fault. It makes me feel better to have someone to direct my anger towards, especially an owner of a rival NFCE team :mad:

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Sad that Zeke needs his own "Drama Zone" section. He needs to grow up. Roger has what he needs to proceed with a 3-4 game suspension, knocked down to 1-2 games on appeal. Anyone think different?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dan Patrick seems to think so...

“What is happening is, other owners are saying, to the commissioner ‘Hey, you punished us, make sure you punish the Cowboys, here.’ That’s sort of what is going on behind the scenes.”

Not so sure about the "owners" plural part. I have no doubt Mara is whining though. And it is not because they want things equitable. They just want a weaker team to open the season.
---

****MODS PLEASE DELETE, MISSED THE OTHER THREAD****

Last edited:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I vote for an entire Mara forum so if it rains tomorrow I can blame it on him or if I stub my toe I can tell everyone how it was Mara's fault. It makes me feel better to have someone to direct my anger towards, especially an owner of a rival NFCE team :mad:
I've noticed over the past couple of days, you've become quite triggered when Mara's name is brought up. Oddly, I saw some posts of you slamming Jones. Honestly, I've never seen you post before but you've really blown-up over Zeke's suspension (almost like you're in favor of it).

What, exactly, is your agenda here on CZ?
Those+q+s+look+mighty+suspicious+you+know+_0f5b5cf750b6b6e6efab8ff14cf73e69.jpg

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

So we'll have the Mara to add the San Andreas and "Its Bush's" faults........

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

May not exactly be news but interesting to hear him talk about owners pushing for punishment.

I like Dan Patrick and, generally, have found him to be a straight shooter. As sad as it is to say, it seems there is a tit-for-tat situation going on. What I don't understand is where is the player's union in all of this? At what point do they insert themselves into this and other similar issues?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
They just want to win the opener. Getting Elliott out of that game makes it much easier. This is a Mara driven train, no question in my mind. There is only so many times they can use walkie talkies.
:lmao:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
2) I have never agreed that Zeke should be punished for the DV issue but I can see the NFL suspending him for the accumulation of his off the field actions. Some of us think that's complete BS and others not so much but there is clearly a concerning pattern of behavior.

An accumulation of off the field actions should be factual incidents of breaking the law.

Ben Roethlisberger had an accumulation of off the field incidents where he was accused of *raping* two different women. So much so that he settled the first case out of court and in the second case three witnesses corroborated with the accusers story or Roethlisberger sexually assaulting her.

The only thing we have on EE in terms of truthfulness and breaking the law is EE going 30 mph over the speed limit.

Unlike Roethlisberger EE has witnesses that have stated to police they saw his ex-gf make the story up and one of her friends even gave a statement to police about it.

Then we have the 'bar fight' which has no evidence that EE punched some victim who nobody can find and a witness stating that he saw somebody else punch the guy.

As far as the Mardi Gras incident, one could easily claim that Rob Gronkowski has been doing the same exact thing. Oh, but he's on the Patriots so that's 'Gronk being Gronk' and he can also make all of these sexual references in front of children...but EE is at Mardi Gras and he plays for the Cowboys so that should equate to a suspension.

In the end, money talks with these owners and Jerry may need to remind them who got the NFL back in LA and got the Raiders in Las Vegas. Of course, common decency and logic should dictate that this 'accumulation' is nonsense anyway.

YR

aria

Reaction score
I've noticed over the past couple of days, you've become quite triggered when Mara's name is brought up. Oddly, I saw some posts of you slamming Jones. Honestly, I've never seen you post before but you've really blown-up over Zeke's suspension (almost like you're in favor of it).

What, exactly, is your agenda here on CZ?
Those+q+s+look+mighty+suspicious+you+know+_0f5b5cf750b6b6e6efab8ff14cf73e69.jpg
Love the picture! I've always expressed my disdain for Jones but have never really said why. If you want me to go into details about how much I dislike as an owner/gm I'll be more than happy but would need several days to write a novel. If you'd like me to go into detail over how much I dislike him as a human being (think of picture with strippers; infidelity is a huge pet peeve of mine) amongst other things I'd need another few days. I'm sure the same people that think Mara is behind everything and Zeke has done nothing wrong will also support Jerry and those pictures. I can see it now "every NFL owner does that" "charges were suddenly dropped" "those pictures don't prove anything". He's an embarrassment as an owner, a gm and a human being.

The Mara thing is nothing new. I just find it annoying and sad that so many people point to one person for most of their problems with no proof. Instead of blaming it on the players, Goodell or Jerry for hiring these high risk players they point the finger at an owner with nothing to back it up. It looks and is pathetic. On one hand people are crying about a witch hunt against Zeke (none of which is clearly his fault:rolleyes:) and on the other they blame Mara anytime the NFL does anything they perceive as negative towards the Cowboys. Talk about a witch hunt and hypocrisy!

Blown up over Zeke's suspension? Apparently you haven't seen me post or half of the other users. I was skeptical of Zeke's behavior ever since college when he threw his coach under the bus and publicly called him out. It didn't get any better from there and although I'm glad he's on our team and think he's a great player, I'm sick of the headaches players like him are causing for this team. I promise I don't want to see him suspended but if it that's what it takes to get the message through that big head of his that he needs to change his behavior than maybe it is a good thing in the long run before he does something more stupid.

Support him all you want, 10-15 years from now everyone here will be reminiscing the time Zeke got away with one. Hopefully his talk with Jerry and the start of football season keeps him in check. Blown up? This entire site "blew up" with people on both sides of the fence. If "blown up" is synonymous with pissed off then I'm guilty.

Agenda? To discuss football but I've already admitted that I'm pessimistic by nature so my posts are far from the homerism you see with some users. I'm actually more optimistic this year than I've been in ~20 years but I'm not going to sit here and pretend everyyhing is rainbows and unicorns. I'm also not going to make excuses and blame everything that gors wrong with our team on another NFL owner.

I also tend to stick to the more controversial subjects because it's more fun and some stuff, like Zeke, is one of the biggest/most important topics going right now.

Good to meet ya buddy, what else ya wanna know?

aria

Reaction score
An accumulation of off the field actions should be factual incidents of breaking the law.

Ben Roethlisberger had an accumulation of off the field incidents where he was accused of *raping* two different women. So much so that he settled the first case out of court and in the second case three witnesses corroborated with the accusers story or Roethlisberger sexually assaulting her.

The only thing we have on EE in terms of truthfulness and breaking the law is EE going 30 mph over the speed limit.

Unlike Roethlisberger EE has witnesses that have stated to police they saw his ex-gf make the story up and one of her friends even gave a statement to police about it.

Then we have the 'bar fight' which has no evidence that EE punched some victim who nobody can find and a witness stating that he saw somebody else punch the guy.

As far as the Mardi Gras incident, one could easily claim that Rob Gronkowski has been doing the same exact thing. Oh, but he's on the Patriots so that's 'Gronk being Gronk' and he can also make all of these sexual references in front of children...but EE is at Mardi Gras and he plays for the Cowboys so that should equate to a suspension.

In the end, money talks with these owners and Jerry may need to remind them who got the NFL back in LA and got the Raiders in Las Vegas. Of course, common decency and logic should dictate that this 'accumulation' is nonsense anyway.

YR
I'm not saying Zeke "deserves" a suspension, I'm saying I could see the NFL giving him one due to the accumulation of events.

I bet the bar fight is far from over. Zeke is about as innocent as OJ, let's be honest. The NFL will investigate and it doesn't matter what the police came up with whether we like it or not. That's nothing specific to Zeke, that's the way it's always been.

The speeding thing obviously broke the law, no big deal. The Mardi Gras incident could be a bigger issue. I'm not an expert on the law but I imagine there is a law against showing a womans breast in public with or without consent. To the NFL it doesn't matter if it happened on main street of Anytown, USA or Bourbon St.

I can't stand Gronk and I'm not familiar with the reference of children and sexual references so I can't say much on that. Are you insinuating that just Gronk gets away with stuff because of who he is or because he's on the Patriots?

The NFL is whacked from top to bottom, no doubt. There are inconsistencies across the board, from team to team. If you read some of my links earlier today you woukd see how many players have been treated/punished differently for different offenses. Some broke the law, some didn't, some were found guilty some weren't. I don't like it nor do I agree with it but it's league wide, not just the Cowboys. If the NFL was really out to get the Cowboys, why did they let Brent come back after killing someone? Why do the Cowboys get more prime time games? Ratings and money. So why would they want to hurt their number 1 money maker by "picking on them" year after year?

Everytime I see a Cowboys article on Yahoo, which is a lot, I click on it. It's rarely for the content, because as I said in my other post to you I dislike the media as much as everyone else, but I like to read the comments. It's like here but you see both sides of the argument and there are just as many people who think the Cowboys get preferential treatment as there are Cowboys fans that think the NFL is out to screw them.

To be honest, both sides make great points which is why I try to remain neutral but one of the most common arguments that comes up is the NFL WANTING the Cowboys to be in the Super Bowl and that I can't argue. It makes too much sense, the ratings would be through the roof and with it comes more money. Point being, I find it very hard to believe that the NFL is purposely targeting their most popular and income generating team for what?