Dan Quinn and Commanders projected to steal RB Tony Pollard from Cowboys via free agency

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
If this happened, this would be a serious gut punch to the Dallas Cowboys and leave them without a starting RB to start this 2024 offseason.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...ys-player-in-free-agency-pollard-01hq8p5r8eaj

Should Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys find a way to keep Tony Pollard?
Pollard isn't expected back. Murray went to Philly and we were fine. You can't franchise Pollard again, and I'm not convinced he's earned a long term deal.

If he goes to Washington, he's walking into a really bad offense after he failed to produce in a really good offense. I'd respect his decision if he did, but familiarity with Quinn probably won't be the reason. He didn't know Q took the Washington job until a few days later when it was brought up in an interview. Doesn't sound to me like they were very close.

Draft a RB, sign a vet for insurance, and ride with Dowdle, Davis, and Deuce as depth. Exactly what we should've done last offseason.

GORICO

Reaction score
If this happened, this would be a serious gut punch to the Dallas Cowboys and leave them without a starting RB to start this 2024 offseason.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...ys-player-in-free-agency-pollard-01hq8p5r8eaj

wow that would be a nice bow tie on end of this season....just tag Pollard and get a bruiser in the draft...Pollard is still too good and has way too much tread on

those tires still....fast and slippery and strong...dont let Quinn or Commanders embarrass us even more ...please Jerry??????

Chasing6

Reaction score

GORICO

Reaction score
Deuce won’t be here next season. He was a wasted roster spot. He’s too small, he can’t block and he doesn’t play special teams except as a returner.
mr KJJ---agreement

Chasing6

Reaction score
Deuce won’t be here next season. He was a wasted roster spot. He’s too small, he can’t block and he doesn’t play special teams except as a returner.
But it felt really good when we drafted him right? It was almost like a hallmark commercial or something. I can see how the NFL has turned into an entertainment business.

kskboys

Reaction score

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Pollard isn't expected back. Murray went to Philly and we were fine. You can't franchise Pollard again, and I'm not convinced he's earned a long term deal.

If he goes to Washington, he's walking into a really bad offense after he failed to produce in a really good offense. I'd respect his decision if he did, but familiarity with Quinn probably won't be the reason. He didn't know Q took the Washington job until a few days later when it was brought up in an interview. Doesn't sound to me like they were very close.

Draft a RB, sign a vet for insurance, and ride with Dowdle, Davis, and Deuce as depth. Exactly what we should've done last offseason.
Bye bye Pollard. I enjoyed your time with us, but for the price I would must rather grab a veteran or draft a new guy in the 3rd or 4th round.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I doubt he spends much time on the active roster, but I can see the team keeping him on the PS and using him in a pinch. I certainly wasn't implying to keep 5 RBs. If there's an UDFA that fits in better, keep them. It's not an unreasonable proposition. Add a veteran to tutor a promising rookie and let them fight it out for the lead spot. Worked out great for Detroit.

rambo2

Reaction score

plymkr

Reaction score

Definitely not. Jerry should let Pollard go bye bye. For what we paid last year and we got was a bad investment. I like Pollard personally but we can replace him with a discarded vet and a rookie for a fraction of the cost and hopefully use that money on the trenches.

I bash this FO a lot for stupid contracts but signing Pollard to a 1 year prove it deal was sound GMing. Pollard didn’t prove much and Quinn can have him.