Dan Quinn and Commanders projected to steal RB Tony Pollard from Cowboys via free agency

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They can have him. I don't see this as a steal, whatsoever. We'll let him walk straight over.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good I hope wash gets him and duece.
Pollard will be good in wash and wash might actually know how to use deuce.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He had some great moments here. I think the ankle really robbed him of an opportunity to shine as the lead back. The kid has talent. I'm sure he will shine in the right position. Catching a gig in KC makes a ton of sense with Pacheco and Co in place. Imagine if he was spelling McCaffery in SF next year.

He's a weapon. If the numbers lined up, I'd welcome him back to Dallas with open arms. I just don't think we're in a position to use him properly, nor do I see us being the highest bidder.

I'd open up the draft for RB in any round this year. I'm not too interested in missing out on a young horse because we needed such and such player at another position. If RB is the best player, take him. If there's a target within reach, trade up and get him.

Dallas is always at its best with a strong rushing attack. The dynasties were built on a strong ground foundation and has carried forward to what we see today. Last season was the outlier. Dak played out of his mind, despite a poor ground game and willed this team to 12 wins, along with a strong performance by the defense. In the end, it fell apart.

Imagine what this team would've been with a really good lead back this season. Longevity is always a concern, but teams are still drafting backs in the 1st for a reason. They're important pieces to a successful franchise. If we get lucky and find one late, great. I'm not interested in chancing it. We're screwed if we miss the boat this year, and if an early pick solves the problem for 4-8 years, we have to make the pick.
I agree with what you said, but your leaving out some things.
Dallas ground game is weak not due to the RB, but the blocking schemes, and the play calling, game plans , when to run when not to run etc.
All those come into play, Even McCaffery gets tackled for a loss or at the line or 1 yard etc, but the play calling and schemes etc are better with SF
so he breaks some runs, and gets 3 or more on most of his runs.

Coaching matters. we got MM back so dont expect a big change in 24.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
At a good price I want TP back and get another RB to replace Dowdle

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If this happened, this would be a serious gut punch to the Dallas Cowboys and leave them without a starting RB to start this 2024 offseason.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...ys-player-in-free-agency-pollard-01hq8p5r8eaj

Should Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys find a way to keep Tony Pollard?
Would be a beautiful thing, might force us to spend a mid rounder on the easiest position to draft.
Lesson number 1 in NFL drafting, never hand out a 2nd contract to a RB, ever.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Would be a beautiful thing, might force us to spend a mid rounder on the easiest position to draft.
Lesson number 1 in NFL drafting, never hand out a 2nd contract to a RB, ever.
Can’t win with scrub RBs.

2023 was all the proof we will ever need.

Draft RB1 in the 1st. Problem fixed.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Tony Pollard accepts $5 / year to stay in Dallas...

And Derrick Henry decides to come play as a part-time RB for $5 / year...

Would you take that deal to get both in a Cowboys uniform?
Less expensive to draft RB in the first.

Also, Tony wrecked his leg. His speed is gone.

Henry is near end of career.

CashMan

Reaction score
Pollard isn't expected back. Murray went to Philly and we were fine. You can't franchise Pollard again, and I'm not convinced he's earned a long term deal.
I am not suggesting of re-signing Pollard, but they were not fine the season after Murray left. Once they drafted Elliot they were.

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s time to move on. Best of luck in DC if that’s where he wants to go!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Can we please just draft some good young running backs and not just kids of staff members. Uggh this organization is the worst.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Steal is not the word that comes to mind about TP......Dallas kicked him to the curb in the recycling bin so really he was no longer a Cowboy. Technically, that's not stealing.. The Cowboys are usually the ones who are masters of this type of player acquisition.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Let them take him we should even add the qb to the deal as a bonus.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i would invest in the OL, maybe sign Swift or Foreman, and add a RB in day 3 of the draft

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Thank goodness. Giving a third contract to a RB is moronic.