Dan Quinn and Commanders projected to steal RB Tony Pollard from Cowboys via free agency

plymkr

Reaction score
If Tony Pollard accepts $5 / year to stay in Dallas...

And Derrick Henry decides to come play as a part-time RB for $5 / year...

Would you take that deal to get both in a Cowboys uniform?
Yeah I would take that. Definitely no more than 5 million. But I would also like to draft a youngster for the future.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Bye bye Pollard. I enjoyed your time with us, but for the price I would must rather grab a veteran or draft a new guy in the 3rd or 4th round.
He had some great moments here. I think the ankle really robbed him of an opportunity to shine as the lead back. The kid has talent. I'm sure he will shine in the right position. Catching a gig in KC makes a ton of sense with Pacheco and Co in place. Imagine if he was spelling McCaffery in SF next year.

He's a weapon. If the numbers lined up, I'd welcome him back to Dallas with open arms. I just don't think we're in a position to use him properly, nor do I see us being the highest bidder.

I'd open up the draft for RB in any round this year. I'm not too interested in missing out on a young horse because we needed such and such player at another position. If RB is the best player, take him. If there's a target within reach, trade up and get him.

Dallas is always at its best with a strong rushing attack. The dynasties were built on a strong ground foundation and has carried forward to what we see today. Last season was the outlier. Dak played out of his mind, despite a poor ground game and willed this team to 12 wins, along with a strong performance by the defense. In the end, it fell apart.

Imagine what this team would've been with a really good lead back this season. Longevity is always a concern, but teams are still drafting backs in the 1st for a reason. They're important pieces to a successful franchise. If we get lucky and find one late, great. I'm not interested in chancing it. We're screwed if we miss the boat this year, and if an early pick solves the problem for 4-8 years, we have to make the pick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If this happened, this would be a serious gut punch to the Dallas Cowboys and leave them without a starting RB to start this 2024 offseason.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/dan-...ys-player-in-free-agency-pollard-01hq8p5r8eaj

Should Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys find a way to keep Tony Pollard?
Not sure why. They have Brian Robinson, who averaged 4.1 per carry, better than Pollard, They stand to lose Antonio Gibson, though, so maybe they see Pollard as someone they can pair with Robinson for a 1-2 punch.

I don't mind Pollard coming back, but I'd be more interested in getting someone like Derrick Henry based on how McCarthy used our backs. However, considering how our GM feels about outside free agents, we probably will look much lower on the available RBs list.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But it felt really good when we drafted him right? It was almost like a hallmark commercial or something. I can see how the NFL has turned into an entertainment business.
It didn’t feel good to me I felt he was too small for the NFL the day we drafted him. I said from day one he wouldn’t produce.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Both, no. I think we have bigger issues to fix in free agency.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Get us one of the top 2 power centers that can get to the next level and watch our running game significantly improve - regardless of RB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Deuce won’t be here next season. He was a wasted roster spot. He’s too small, he can’t block and he doesn’t play special teams except as a returner.
Only reason Deuce was drafted was because his dad has been a scout here forever..................nepotism at its finest, happens in every industry.

This is the NFL, not K. State.................he is too small, too slow, and has very little power............that means he cant block, cant break tackles, and doesnt have enough speed to outrun anybody.

He is a practice squad back at best.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
wow that would be a nice bow tie on end of this season....just tag Pollard and get a bruiser in the draft...Pollard is still too good and has way too much tread on

those tires still....fast and slippery and strong...dont let Quinn or Commanders embarrass us even more ...please Jerry??????
Tag Pollard again?

That would be around $12 million on a 1 yr deal.

You paying a RB that barely averaged 4.0 a carry $12 million???

Not even our idiot GM Jerry is that stupid.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Absolutely..............$10 milllion for a tandem backfield of King Henry and Pollard would be more than worth it.

Especially considering Pollard made $10 million this year all by himself.

Chasing6

Reaction score
wow that would be a nice bow tie on end of this season....just tag Pollard and get a bruiser in the draft...Pollard is still too good and has way too much tread on

those tires still....fast and slippery and strong...dont let Quinn or Commanders embarrass us even more ...please Jerry??????
Pass. No thank you.

DT should be priority number 1. Need a $20M a year monster in the middle. Then resign Hankins. Problem fixed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Steal is an interesting choice of words. Can someone steal something that no longer belongs to you? Or something that you no longer want?
Click bait title.................how do you "steal" a free agent that is no longer under contract?

And losing a RB that averaged 4.0 a carry is a "gut punch"...................wow, exaggeration to the infinite.:laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only reason Deuce was drafted was because his dad has been a scout here forever..................nepotism at its finest, happens in every industry.

This is the NFL, not K. State.................he is too small, too slow, and has very little power............that means he cant block, cant break tackles, and doesnt have enough speed to outrun anybody.

He is a practice squad back at best.
His dad being a scout was part of the reason, but not the only reason. He obviously has some talent but he’s too small.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Click bait title.................how do you "steal" a free agent that is no longer under contract?

And losing a RB that averaged 4.0 a carry is a "gut punch"...................wow, exaggeration to the infinite.:laugh:
I hope Jeruh is smart enough to pretend like we are interested, just to make the Commanders pay more than they need to. Help Pollard on his way out.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never have used this term before. But this time trust me, it will fit.
Rue-age maximum.