Dan Quinn and Commanders projected to steal RB Tony Pollard from Cowboys via free agency

MikeT22

Reaction score
yes we can ... Cowboys can re-sign any player that they really deem a "Core " player.

People just don't get salary cap. Contracts can be re-done, extended and restructure to get back in the
black, plus add that the NFL team salary cap goes up every year. Teams get in the red all the time and
they move contracts around to fit.

its just they don't want to re-sign average players to big money contracts. but they maybe making repeated
mistakes of re-signing post ACL pending players to big money contracts ( ala Steele and Gallup) could pay him what it takes to bring him back. That’s not what I meant.

Yes they can pay him what it will take to bring him back for a 6th season. But that’s not what I meant by afford.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If I read this board correctly most people would applaud Pollard leaving . I think a lot of Pollards issues were OL related and a run game strategy that baffles . # 20 is not a between the tackles grinder .

In Wash having Robinson and adding Pollard with some of the receivers on hand makes for an interesting skill level . And with the 2nd pick a new QB Jayden Daniels

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If a person drops something on the ground and then walks away, is it considered “stealing” if someone else picks it up?

:huh:
Thinking the same thing. Steal? Cowboys would’ve signed him long-term last season if they were intent on keeping him.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If Blake Corum is around round three be hard to pass him up after selecting OL & LB rounds 1 & 2 . The Wolverines know RB talent Harbaugh had them running behind a big physical line . Time to get started get OL talent in town help the run and pass blocking . Use Pollard savings towards other FA

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No.

His speed is gone.

That injury wrecked his leg.

They are never the same player.
Hmm, interesting. Pollard looked like the old Pollard during the 2nd half of last season. Remember, Tony Pollard suffered his ugly leg injury (which required surgery) in January 2023 during the playoffs at the 49ers, then he was back playing on it to start the 2023 season 7 months later. He played on that leg all 2023 season within less than a year of having injured it. It takes time to get back to 100%, and Pollard definitely looked more like his old self the later half of the season.