Dan Quinn = Barry Switzer

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This is so disgusting and boring...

The Cowboys can't find an up coming DC.

Quinn is an Ace and a great Coach but this recycle and retread is pathetic.

I just hope he stays away from the players and handles scheme stuff and not teaching.

If he doesn't teach what his schemes are then he's not doing his job and just giving those who don't want him ammo to continue to rip on him.

Loso86

Reaction score
Gus Bradley built that Seattle defense. He did such a good job, he got the Jaguars HC job in 2013. The year Quinn took over a stockpile of young talent on defense that was so deep and talented. They had so much talent up front, they could constantly rotate guys all game to stay fresh and get after the QB.

Switzer took over an extremely talented team in place and had zero work to do. Just keep the car on the road with the cruise control on. And he did just that. Won a ring. So did Quinn.

When Quinn went to Atlanta, his defenses were trash. And yes, he had a big part of those defenses. It was the same as when Garrett was the HC but he was still responsible for the offense. The gameplan and playcalling. Quinn was in charge of those defenses that were really bad. Quinn is also responsible for turning the Falcons into a running meme of how many historic leads they have blown. The Super Bowl is obviously the biggest but they have so many more. Cowboys fans here will be well aware of one of them this season.

I don't think one person on our defense this year could even start for his Seattle defense and many probably could not even make the 2 deep.

Spare me he was the DC at Seattle 7 years ago. Marinelli was apart of great defenses and got a ring. And we saw how he worked out.

Another recycled, retread head coach hire.
Nothing is going satisfy us Cowboys fans honestly. We could have hired Bill Belichick or whoever and it wont matter most will complain.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The good news with Quinn's chances of success is that he'll have the advantage of the draft picks and hopefully, better talent.:thumbup:

Barry Switzer has never known, nor implemented, any semblance of discipline. I think Quinn would be better inclined to administer it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bruh Barry Switzer is an all-time great coach put some respect on his name. And he did it as a players coach.

Switzer did what ironically everyone who wants Saint Urban Meyer to do with this team.
Truth right here, read this post and read a little about about Barry,, that man had some major hurdles in his life.. strong man right there

Hadenough

Reaction score
Gus Bradley built that Seattle defense. He did such a good job, he got the Jaguars HC job in 2013. The year Quinn took over a stockpile of young talent on defense that was so deep and talented. They had so much talent up front, they could constantly rotate guys all game to stay fresh and get after the QB.

Switzer took over an extremely talented team in place and had zero work to do. Just keep the car on the road with the cruise control on. And he did just that. Won a ring. So did Quinn.

When Quinn went to Atlanta, his defenses were trash. And yes, he had a big part of those defenses. It was the same as when Garrett was the HC but he was still responsible for the offense. The gameplan and playcalling. Quinn was in charge of those defenses that were really bad. Quinn is also responsible for turning the Falcons into a running meme of how many historic leads they have blown. The Super Bowl is obviously the biggest but they have so many more. Cowboys fans here will be well aware of one of them this season.

I don't think one person on our defense this year could even start for his Seattle defense and many probably could not even make the 2 deep.

Spare me he was the DC at Seattle 7 years ago. Marinelli was apart of great defenses and got a ring. And we saw how he worked out.

You might be right but I think he was one of the better DC available. At least he did get the Falcons to the SB along with the help of Kyle Shanahan.

Qcard

Reaction score
Why not?

We can’t find an up and coming Defensive Coach.

It amazes me that the most recognizable and valuable Sports Franchise is so stuck on the Retread Section of the talent coaching pool.

Qcard

Reaction score
If he doesn't teach what his schemes are then he's not doing his job and just giving those who don't want him ammo to continue to rip on him.
The best analogy I can give you is from my service days.

I think Quinn should play an Officer role and oversee the Scheme and Game plan vision but I hope they let/hire Positional coaches (Enlisted role) whom can teach and rely the scheme and overall vision.

I have nothing against Quinn in fact he’s a great signing, but sadly, just in my opinion Quinn is a retread.....everyone has tape. Romo probably call every PLAY....on gameday

Cowboys are the most valuable and visible Sports Franchise. We can’t do better or think out the box per say...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is so disgusting and boring...

The Cowboys can't find an up coming DC.

Quinn is an Ace and a great Coach but this recycle and retread is pathetic.

I just hope he stays away from the players and handles scheme stuff and not teaching.

I would not consider a man 50 years old in the coaching ranks as old. Quinn has lead a defense to 2 SB in Seattle as a DC and despite the failure in Atlanta he was HC who brought the Falcons to the SB in 2016

dckid

Reaction score

Yeah Atlanta's defense really hasn't performed really well over the past few years but I guess the only positive aspect is he is a former HC and Mike needs all the help he can get.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He hasn’t coached one snap with us, lets see what he can do

its not possible for the defense to be worse than it was this year unless we only play with 5 dudes and 6 Rottweilers

Please don't say that :(

Darkhound

Reaction score
Dallas is a country club.. What do you expect?

The recycling of coaches in the NFL is disgusting.. They hate letting outsiders in.

This is sadly what we are. A 100% popular but mediocre football team"

conner01

Reaction score
Like most coaches, if he has talent he can shine
If he doesn’t have talent he can’t
Get him players and he’s proven he can run a good defense

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Like most coaches, if he has talent he can shine
If he doesn’t have talent he can’t
Get him players and he’s proven he can run a good defense

I agree but this past season even with the lack of talent up front there was no excuse for giving up historical poor play especially in the run defense. To give up 280 rushing in 1 game and then over 300 in another is beyond pathetic. Hell teams did not have to put the ball in the air that often given their ability to run pretty much at will vs the defense. I did not expect 85 Bears entering into the season but sure as hell did not expect record breaking poor play

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I hope not.....

Creeper

Reaction score

I am inclined to agree with this assessment. The Cowboys need some new blood and fresh thinking on their coaching staff. I don't think Quinn is going to have much more success than Nolan had. Of course it would not be hard to do better than Nolan, but I want the Cowboys to have a top defense. Maybe Jerry is happy to settle for a mediocre defense because he thinks his offense can outscore everyone, but this is why they go one and out when they make the playoffs.