Dan Quinn had an awful draft day and even worse Game 1

Daillest88

Reaction score
For what it’s worth. A lot of new faces on defense. WFT defense in the playoffs gave up 500 yards to this team. We aren’t going to be playing Brady,Gronk,Godwin,Brown and Evans every week lol. Glad that was a week 1 matchup. We definitely need another corner

MikeB80

Reaction score
No they didn't they blew their pick and ended up picking Frederick.

they traded out of 18 to 31 with sf for 31 and a 3rd round pick. they picked frederick and terrance williams with the picks.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Dallas D Line got handled as usual. Until that gets fixed secondary gonna get toasted. Tried and true football fact: Games are won and lost in the trenches.

Brady just gets rid of the ball quickly and out strength are the ends. Cowboys Dline will fare better vs a QB that holds the ball longer.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
Don’t forget the two rare bomb drops by mike Evans and Goodwin to blow the game open .

We smell at the DB position - rancid .

stiletto

Reaction score
This is a new Defense, it's going to take some time. Also, Anthony Brown is still starting. He got worked. Kelvin Joseph didn't play. If it was him getting burned out there, I'd be even more forgiving of the Defense. Tom Brady, Bucs coming off the Super Bowl...geez, we aren't going to be the Legion of Boom. I look for it to get better but hopefully Brown is replaced after a couple more games.

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had a shot at either Surtain or Parsons when they drafted I would have taken Surtain in an instant. But calling this draft a bust or a boom at this point is an overreaction. What the Cowboys needed was a DT like Vea but there was nobody like that in this draft class. They should have gotten one in free agency. I was hoping they would sign Tomlinson. Until they get a guy who can take on a double team block and win, and push the pocket into stationary QBs like Brady, this defense will struggle against quality QBs.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
This is a new Defense, it's going to take some time. Also, Anthony Brown is still starting. He got worked. Kelvin Joseph didn't play. If it was him getting burned out there, I'd be even more forgiving of the Defense. Tom Brady, Bucs coming off the Super Bowl...geez, we aren't going to be the Legion of Boom. I look for it to get better but hopefully Brown is replaced after a couple more games.
New defense ?

it’s Cover 2 garbage

stiletto

Reaction score
New defense ?

it’s Cover 2 garbage

The defensive scheme is not just cover 2. You don't know football. We had some cover 2 looks but it was mostly 4-3. When I say new defense, I mean new scheme implemented by a NEW Defensive Coordinator. You can't be that dense not to know what I mean....

cowboyec

Reaction score
you have wined and dined with kings and queens....and lived in back alleys on pork n beans....but on this'n here....you're wrong,daddy!!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.
We had a massive need at the most important spot.
He was on his way to the Ring of Honor.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against
Dan Quinn zeroed in on a LB with two stud corners in getting distance.
If we wanted a CB you pay up and get your guy .

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

We gave up the field on the winning drive - we needed a CB

Tom Brady’s uniform didn’t have a smudge on it .
No sacks

zero blitz on the goal line ? V the goat ??

asinine stuff

I see why he blew that Super Bowl

Parsons - I’m not impressed
Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
Wright - worst reach of draft
OSA - potential plugger tho small .

That’s a D draft folks

Tampa barely had the ball and they put massive numbers from a clean pocket .

Awful stuff

Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.

The defense looked better than anytime since the years that DWare played for the Cowboys.

Quinn as D-Coordinator appears to be the biggest upgrade on the entire team.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
The defense looked better than anytime since the years that DWare played for the Cowboys.

Quinn as D-Coordinator appears to be the biggest upgrade on the entire team.
Really ?
We got roasted on Tampa having no possession

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

I have no problem with the draft strategy. I have every problem with the FA strategy. There were opportunities to sign veterans instead of possibly having to depend on Brown to start. Instead, we stayed true to our cheap FA strategy. Same at DT.

We can't expect to fix this defense only through the draft and using cheap FAs to fill in the gaps. Each year, we end up blaming the defensive coordinator for the failures, but it's a front office failure.

UncleRico

Reaction score

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

I think this is a Super Bowl capable team with a few upgrades, we need to be looking everywhere for help at CB and DL