Dan Quinn had an awful draft day and even worse Game 1

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We need a decent corner bad.

I can’t help but think how much better this team would be with Byron Jones.
Absolutely. He didn't get turnovers but he did his job covering. Could have paid him a year salary for what Lewis and Brown make.

rambo2

Reaction score
NEED

LIKE FREDERICK

GET IT!!

Brown lost the game
They drafted 2 corners. Get it? Nothing wrong with the corners they drafted. They got Parsons, the 2 corners and the extra draft pick. The main reason they lost was the official missed the OPI. Oh, and they lost to the defending champs by all of 2 points. To come here and be negative like you is ridiculous.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We drafted Frederick a projected 3rd rounder #1.
Normally I’m BPA but not when Tony Brown is on my roster .
Stop saying he was projected 3rd round pick. That's false. Sure some places had him as a 2nd-3rd round pick but it wasn't everybody's thoughts. He was the best center in that draft with a high 2nd round grade. Taking him at the very bottom of the first round to get that 5th year isn't a reach.

Joseph will replace Brown

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
Stop saying he was projected 3rd round pick. That's false. Sure some places had him as a 2nd-3rd round pick but it wasn't everybody's thoughts. He was the best center in that draft with a high 2nd round grade. Taking him at the very bottom of the first round to get that 5th year isn't a reach.

Joseph will replace Brown
He went way way ahead of projections - we were ripped and laughed at.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He went way way ahead of projections - we were ripped and laughed at.
By some but not by all.

Even if you think it was a massive reach why do you think losing Parsons, Gholston and Joseph to trade up to get Surtain or Horn makes the Cowboys better.

Surtain/Horn with no 2nd round pick and only one 3rd round pick......

Or

Parsons, Joseph, Osa, Gholston, Wright

Which one you pick? If you say the first one, delete your account and don't post anymore

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.
We had a massive need at the most important spot.
He was on his way to the Ring of Honor.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against
Dan Quinn zeroed in on a LB with two stud corners in getting distance.
If we wanted a CB you pay up and get your guy .

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

We gave up the field on the winning drive - we needed a CB

Tom Brady’s uniform didn’t have a smudge on it .
No sacks

zero blitz on the goal line ? V the goat ??

asinine stuff

I see why he blew that Super Bowl

Parsons - I’m not impressed
Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
Wright - worst reach of draft
OSA - potential plugger tho small .

That’s a D draft folks

Tampa barely had the ball and they put massive numbers from a clean pocket .

Awful stuff

Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.

Damn seems like a serious overreaction to 1 game BUT that may just be me

Cmac

Reaction score
Scouting Department only knows to travel to the "Big" schools to seek talent. Sonoma State (Larry Allen) and Central State (Erik Williams), or the likes thereof, is never on the radar from this organization now.

jnday

Reaction score
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

You are on a roll. You have roasted the NFL and the whole state of Texas with your posts.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

First, overall good post. But, in regard to Freddy, the only people more surprised than fans by Freddy's selection in round 1 were freddy and his agent, Freddy did not have a first round grade and he was not our plan A or B. So, lets not delude ourselves into thinking this was some kind of coherent plan executed on draft day. After whiffing on defensive linemen, Freddy was simply the next guy up on the board. The reason Jerry got roasted had to do with draft value at that moment and a poor trade with SF where we settled for less value than the pick deserved. Freddy could have been drafted in Gavin Escobar's spot and we could have used that first round pick on someone else.....like Kawaan Short. The whole draft was a mess caught on the war cam. In fact, no cowboy draft has been live on the war cam since b/c it was so embarrassing.

Too early to judge the rookies.

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
Hot take ? This is 25 years of hot Pooh
No, it’s lambasting an entire draft after 1 game.

I get it, you wanted a CB, which was/is a need. But trading up didn’t make sense - this team needs defensive help across the board. On top of that, nobody expected both CBs to be gone before our pick. Certainly not the Cowboys because they didn’t trade out of their pick until after both were gone.

Trading up is generally inferior to trading back. There are zero guarantees that any draft pick will live up to expectations (remember Mo Claiborne). Having additional picks, not fewer picks helps distribute that risk.

But again, the ridiculous thing is judging the draft and Quinn’s impact after 1 game. Early returns on Surtain are questionable by the way. You may ultimately end up being right. All these picks could end up being hot trash (highly unlikely) and Quinn my be “meet the new boss, same as the old boss.” But that won’t be known until at least the 2nd game.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

This defines jumping to conclusions...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A big part of coaching is finding roles for players that give them the best opportunity to succeed. If Parsons is not excelling in coverage then it is the job of Quinn to adjust the scheme to fit what he does well. The coaches have to adapt to what they have to work with.