Dan Quinn had an awful draft day and even worse Game 1

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I

People in this thread or misconstruing my point… Parsons may very well be a very good football player however it should be somewhere else we should’ve drafted a corner back number one with our first round pick not a linebacker.

The comparison to Frederick is very simple the need was just as big as it was then when we reached for Frederick.

We have a massive hole at CB . Massive

It’s so bad we may have to sign Sherman.
There were 2 CB’s in the draft that I thought were ready Surtain and Horn. And I would have been ok with either of those guys. Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. But the CB position opposite Diggs is an issue. Addressing it in FA would have probably been the best route.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
does OP know that Dusty Rhodes isn't his real name. He is more affectionately known as Virgil Riley Runnels Jr.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.
We had a massive need at the most important spot.
He was on his way to the Ring of Honor.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against
Dan Quinn zeroed in on a LB with two stud corners in getting distance.
If we wanted a CB you pay up and get your guy .

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

We gave up the field on the winning drive - we needed a CB

Tom Brady’s uniform didn’t have a smudge on it .
No sacks

zero blitz on the goal line ? V the goat ??

asinine stuff

I see why he blew that Super Bowl

Parsons - I’m not impressed
Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body
Wright - worst reach of draft
OSA - potential plugger tho small .

That’s a D draft folks

Tampa barely had the ball and they put massive numbers from a clean pocket .

Awful stuff

Dak’s performance masqueraded Quinn’s debacles.
All this based on one NFL regular season game? Hey, this draft could be terrible or it could be very good. No one knows which it is after one regular season game.

Ren

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don’t spend much time here much any more. A post so dumb my brain hurts from me forcing my self to read the whole thing.

Parsons looked like a rookie LB going against Brady, a QBs who’s made everyone including hall of famers look lost for 2 decades, have some perspective.

Had we drafted one of those CBs instead they would have looked just as lost if not worse if Brady and those receivers were their first NFL action.

Parsons will be fine, some of the others probably will to, only time will tell. But, calling our draft class a bust because they lost opening night against the SB champs and the greatest QB to ever play the game is beyond ignorant

DanA

Reaction score
When JJ traded up for Frederick at Center- he was roasted , lambasted - laughed at.

We had a massive need a CB this year - 400 points against - the most 20 yard + tds against

Quinn went BPA and got himself a guy that bites harder than jaylon smith on run fake.

Anthony Brown handed over all of Daks hard work over n over like he was handing out Baby Ruth’s on Halloween.

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

Wow. That's some terrible takes you've got there.

1. We obviously wanted a CB in the 1st round. How exactly is it on Dan Quinn to have stopped us trading up? Those corners were prototypical Dan Quinn guys
2. Parsons wasn't biting on play fakes like you suggest. He was actualy very solid in the run game, but does need some work in zone coverage. Not every team has Brady with Gronk at TE and amazing WR's
3. How is Golston a camp body, what is the basis for this analysis. He missed all training camp and only just was activated. Are you saying this based off college tape?
4. That's not the D draft. Please add Bohanna who played 21 snaps in week 1 as a rookie. Also add Cox and then Mukuamu
5. Tampa bay has a top 5 O-line and Brady releases the ball very quickly so it's hard to create pressure. We did get four turnovers though

About the only thing you mention that makes sense was questioning the cover zero blitz and our need for a CB.

Last edited:

kumizi

Reaction score
Everyone with a brain including the Cowboys brass wanted a CB. Even though there were whispers, I didn’t think two teams in need of a QB would both pass on Fields and both take corners right in front of us. I probably would have traded down for Greg Newsome at that point. They were so desperate for CB they reached big time in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

As for Parsons…if they had to stay at 10, I was ok with that pick. People were proclaiming Parsons a stud in preseason. Big overreaction.
Now people are saying he sucks after one game. Big overreaction.

Either way, I agree with you that we’re screwed without a CB. This is going to be a bad pass defense and Kelvin Joseph and Nason Wright aren’t the answer this season.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don’t spend much time here much any more. A post so dumb my brain hurts from me forcing my self to read the whole thing.

Parsons looked like a rookie LB going against Brady, a QBs who’s made everyone including hall of famers look lost for 2 decades, have some perspective.

Had we drafted one of those CBs instead they would have looked just as lost if not worse if Brady and those receivers were their first NFL action.

Parsons will be fine, some of the others probably will to, only time will tell. But, calling our draft class a bust because they lost opening night against the SB champs and the greatest QB to ever play the game is beyond ignorant
You have severe comprehension issues ; let’s review .

Parsons isn’t the target it could be anyone . I hope he’s a HOF player.

The simple point here is OUR NEED FOR A CB WAS SO GLARING IS SO DESPERATE- we needed to take one in the first round.

Just like we took Frederick way ahead of his projection.
And I loved That pick loved it .
I know how vital a center is to a team.

Again I hope Parsons is rookie of the year - we still needed a CB.

Anthony Brown destroyed us … like a pitcher who blows a 6 run lead the following inning

Can everyone follow my point here ?

That’s all I’m saying - we needed / need a CB.

JayFord

Reaction score
Brady is 44 years old still playing at an elite level because he gets rid of the ball about 1 second after its snapped

he doesnt take hits or sacks

the defense looked better and they have work to do but they forced 4 turnovers and Tampa only ran for 40 yards which last year other teams wouldve ran for 200 yards on the same amount of carries

Gaede

Reaction score

Same. I came on here during the game, all pumped up cause we looked good for once, only to see BS complaints vs. niche, make believe issues and personal gripes. The board is starting to get overrun with this crap and it bores the hell out of me.

Gaede

Reaction score
You were pumped up after a loss ?
Lmao you simpleton

All teams lose. We just went toe to toe with the best team in football after a god awful year. That was a conference championship quality performance.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
All teams lose. We just went toe to toe with the best team in football after a god awful year. That was a conference championship quality performance.
We’ve lost for 25 years

A quarter century

I don’t do moral victories

Malhavoc

Reaction score
An L is an L. However you slice it. What I want to see is progress from game to game. Now if this team regresses and puts up a stinker against the Chargers, that will be bit more telling.

lqmac1

Reaction score

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

I hear you. What would you have done? Also, I’m not sure if you realized that we drafted a corner in the second round or not.

Also, just because you don’t go in the first round doesn't mean you’ll be a bad player.

I’m interested in hearing what you would’ve done sitting at the draft table and the top two corners, unexpectedly go in the top 10.

What would you have done to cover your corner needs and somebody that wouldn’t have kept Brady‘s jersey so clean last night? Let’s hear it!

DuncanIso

Reaction score

We needed a CB

No sacks

asinine stuff

Joseph - looks a bust
Golston - camp body

That’s a D draft folks

Awful stuff

He does make sense...

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Parsons will be elite very soon... lol at judging him on the first game of his career. Also, Osa held up well against the run, did his job and more. The run defense was solid. Joseph would have played over AB but he is on the injured list 3 games.

This thread stinks.